Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am assuming this is on PPV, or will it be on e?

Keep The Balance IX_Equilibrium's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am assuming this is on PPV, or will it be on e?
    PPV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From UFC.tv:

Due to a late back injury, Mike Nickels has been forced to withdraw from his light heavyweight preliminary bout tonight at UFC 64 against Keith Jardine. There will be no replacement bout and UFC 64 will go on with eight fights.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Jardine's gotta be ticked about that. All that time training and mental preparation down the tubes. They'll pay him, though, so not all was lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich Franklin Vs. Anderson Silva
    Jon Fitch Vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka
    Cheick Kongo Vs. Carmelo Marrero

* the ones is in bold are the ones i think will win, but then again that is just me.

Sean Sherk Vs. Kenny Florian

Sean weighs a little bit more and has more wins 29-2-1, Ken is a few inches taller. but anything can happen, for now i'm leaning towards Sean.
    Damn i got 3 in a row. just the Rich Franklin Vs. Anderson Silva left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rich got owned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh...My...God...Rich Franklin...Holy Cow. There's a curve the shape of a knee in his nose. Oh my God.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh...My...God...Rich Franklin...Holy Cow. There's a curve the shape of a knee in his nose. Oh my God.
    < Rich Franklin.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    damn silva is for real lol i wasn't sure if he could stand with him because nate quarry couldn't and he was heavy handed aswell, we'll just have to wait for the rematch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uh.... are desflood and i the only ones who watched the fight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing , I cannot believe Rich got schooled like that. He must have thought his Muay Thai was on the same level as Silva's because he said (after the fight) he thought the clinch would be his "sweet spot". Rich getting into a Muay Thai contest with Silva is no smarter than him putting on boxing gloves and fighting Klitschko. Anyway, I can't believe he couldn't break out of Silva's clinch. I was yelling, "Get out of that clinch and take him to the ground!" Silva must be deceptively strong, and Rich even commented on how his strength in the clinch surprised him.

Sherk won in the manner I thought he would.

Lauzon needs to learn some damn stand up. He was controlling Fisher on the ground very well, and then his world fell apart after they stood up.

Kongo losing was a surprise to many. He is a one dimensional fighter, as is Marrero. But Marrero's strength was take downs, so that's why he controlled and won.

I was 5-3 with my predictions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought that Rich would win that fight...what a let down he didn't even try to break out of the clinch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought that Rich would win that fight...what a let down he didn't even try to break out of the clinch.

He did try, but couldn't.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    i was hoping silva won and he did lol, i don't think rich deserves a rematch right away maybe rich vs swick for a le shot

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dana probably didn't sleep at all Saturday night...he has a lot invested in Franklin and he was destroyed like he was a TUF reject. Franklin hasn't gotten his big contract yet though (still fighting on a 9 fight deal at about $30k/fight!). It's definitely not good when a 2nd tier Pride MW comes over and does that to your posterboy, but at least Silva is with the UFC now (upgrade for the org). He's still under contract with Cage Rage too I believe...

This picture captures the fight nicely...

and this of course...

"It's F'd. I'm alright." Can't tell what he said after that. I feel bad for Rich because I like him, and he never got his big contract really (although he gets plenty from sponsors). I hope he comes back strong.

I was happy with the result for the fact that it gives UFC fans more exposure to international fighters. Maybe somebody they'll stop booing them (ie, at the weigh-in, intro, and after the fight). I'm sure Fedor will get boo'd at Pride Real Deal this Saturday (I'll see first hand since I'm going).

So much for any Kongo hype...

Florian had no shot.

And elbows still suck IMO...

Fitch looked good...as did the LW Guida...

Lauzon had nothing on his feet and appeared to gas hard in the 1st? Was looking good briefly though. Sucks that we missed the first min plus of the fight due to technical problems...

damn silva is for real lol i wasn't sure if he could stand with him because nate quarry couldn't and he was heavy handed aswell, we'll just have to wait for the rematch
    Mentioning Nate Freakin' Quarry and Anderson Silva in the same sentence is a joke...seriously...

I'm sure Franklin will get his rematch after a few fights....assuming he doesn't lose again.

ing , I cannot believe Rich got schooled like that. He must have thought his Muay Thai was on the same level as Silva's because he said (after the fight) he thought the clinch would be his "sweet spot". Rich getting into a Muay Thai contest with Silva is no smarter than him putting on boxing gloves and fighting Klitschko.
    Very surprising indeed!! He should've bailed on that clench at all cost...bad gameplan on his part, or a bad decision if he decided on the fly to do that. You'd think that after the 10th knee to the ribs he would've gotten away...

i was hoping silva won and he did lol, i don't think rich deserves a rematch right away maybe rich vs swick for a le shot
    Lots of guys in line...and potentially in line if the UFC should sign them...

winner of TUF 4 (Cote/Lutter) is guaranteed a shot soon
    Marquardt is the most deserving IMO.
    Swick...would be interested to see that one.
    The Crow (bottom of the list)
    Return of Horn? (since he left because Franklin was locked in and they're friends)
    Return of Lindland??
    Return of Frank Shamrock??
    Another Pride MW?

What about Hughes?? Will he backup his talk??
    http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog.html

Sunday, October 8, 2006
    Tomorrow I'm going to New York, Chuck and I will be on ESPN. Fly back tomorrow night. This week I'll spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning with my brother getting crops out and also trying to spend as much time with my family as I can. Thursday night, my wife and I leave for Las Vegas for the UFC. I hope Rich wins, but if Anderson wins I would consider bumping up to 185 and fighting him. I'll fly home Sunday. -Matt

Dana White wouldn't risk putting his man-crush in against Silva. After Hughes beat Penn he was dry-humping his leg. But Saturday night him, Hughes, Sylvia (wearing his belt of course!), etc all looked pretty defeated...I was LOVING that!!

Up next...Pride Real Deal this Saturday...and I'll be there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly is the connection between Franklin to Slyvia and Hughes? Does Rich go to MFS to train sometimes?

As far as who beats Silva, it won't be Swick. The Crow would be an interesting matchup if his gameplan is smarter than Rich (which wouldn't be hard to top) , but I think Loiseau has taken one too many blows to the head.

There is so much buzz right now about Lindland coming back. He is not the same fighter now as when he left, and I think he would definately dominate Silva on the ground. Dana would have to swallow his huge amount of pride to ask Lindland back, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florian had no shot.

And elbows still suck IMO...
    I think its a move of Florian to always try to get fights stopped because of cuts. You could even hear his corner saying "work that cut".

It's well within his right, but I think it's ty to rely on that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What exactly is the connection between Franklin to Slyvia and Hughes? Does Rich go to MFS to train sometimes?

As far as who beats Silva, it won't be Swick. The Crow would be an interesting matchup if his gameplan is smarter than Rich (which wouldn't be hard to top) , but I think Loiseau has taken one too many blows to the head.

There is so much buzz right now about Lindland coming back. He is not the same fighter now as when he left, and I think he would definately dominate Silva on the ground. Dana would have to swallow his huge amount of pride to ask Lindland back, though.
    Yea, he's trained with them some, but isn't officially a member of their team. I didn't expect to see them all in his corner. And Hughes comforting Rich's wife...

The Crow seemed out of it in his last fight. Maybe there IS something wrong with him?

I think Dana would swallow that pride if it meant getting the non-English speaking Silva out as champ. It'll be easy to tell how bad he wants him out based on who he brings in to fight him. This definitely shook things up a bit...

I think its a move of Florian to always try to get fights stopped because of cuts. You could even hear his corner saying "work that cut".

It's well within his right, but I think it's ty to rely on that.
    No kidding...that was his only shot and he knew it. What if it had worked??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone get to see Pellegrino vs. Assuncao? Damn impressive performance by Pellegrino. He made Assuncao look like a whitebelt.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's the one fight I haven't seen yet...DL'd it today but haven't watched it yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hughes comforting Rich's wife... n
    If I were Franklin, I'd keep my wife away from Matt Hughes. There are some rumors going around that Hughes was recently involved with an alleged sexual assault involving the girlfriend of a teammate.

Boy, and I had such high hopes for Kongo too. But, maybe he just had an off day.

Give Lauzon a little break guys. He's all of 18 years old and has a long way to go yet.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If I were Franklin, I'd keep my wife away from Matt Hughes. There are some rumors going around that Hughes was recently involved with an alleged sexual assault involving the girlfriend of a teammate.

Boy, and I had such high hopes for Kongo too. But, maybe he just had an off day.

Give Lauzon a little break guys. He's all of 18 years old and has a long way to go yet.
    Huh?? (Hughes)

I give Lauzon all the credit in the world for taking that fight. 18 yrs old with only 3 MMA fights under his belt, stepping in with one of the better WW's in the UFC that also happens to be a terrible matchup for him (style-wise).

Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How many fighters in the past 2 yrs that are at or near the top of their weight class are undefeated?
    Don't think Kongo will go away.
    Don't see how anyone thinks Kongo can't comeback later.
    One loss does not a career make.

===
    ===

Yeah.
    2 weeks notice.
    Not bad. Not that impressive but hey, 18yrs old.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I saw the Silva vs Franklin fight and was not that surprised. Pride fighters are much better than UFC fighters. UFC needs to put up more money to get the best fighters to come over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many fighters in the past 2 yrs that are at or near the top of their weight class are undefeated?
    Don't think Kongo will go away.
    Don't see how anyone thinks Kongo can't comeback later.
    One loss does not a career make.
    It's not that he lost - it's that it was such an abysmally boring loss that could have been so much more impressive had he actually done some fighting.

But like I said before, maybe he just had an off day.

Thread Information