My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee is the better rebounder...
    Diaw is the better passer, defender and shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw has always been an elite passer. He's a better spot up shooter from 20+ feet but Lee is easily the better scorer of the two and is also a solid passer. His game has been much more one dimensional this year though, while Diaw has improved considerably this season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee is the better rebounder...
    Is anybody saying otherwise ?

It also has nothing to do with Lee being more one-dimensional this year. Hes always been an atrocious defender. Regardless, this Diaw is better than any year of Lee--healthy or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw 2.0 is more valuable than Lee.

Let us proceed...
    This is true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid bump. The animal was unleashed tonight tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's ya BOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will he continue to play aggressive remaining series or he has done his part and bend ove with the white flag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    feeling validated

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is a way more complete player.. being a 2nd option on a team compared to a role player

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Diaw is a way more complete player.. being a 2nd option on a team compared to a role player
    Diaw is definitely more naturally skilled and talented. I've never questioned or disagreed with that. But being more talented and skilled doesn't necessarily make you a better player.

There is a reason Diaw is used only as a role player, while Lee has been used as a 2nd option. If Diaw was unquestionably a superior basketball player to Lee, then he would have no problem securing a role as a 2nd option on a team, but his whole career has been nothing but disappointment and underachieving AS A ROLE PLAYER, at least until he went to play in Pop's fantastic system which has a history of making mediocre players overachieve, and is pretty much doing just that for Diaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw is definitely more naturally skilled and talented. I've never questioned or disagreed with that. But being more talented and skilled doesn't necessarily make you a better player.

There is a reason Diaw is used only as a role player, while Lee has been used as a 2nd option. If Diaw was unquestionably a superior basketball player to Lee, then he would have no problem securing a role as a 2nd option on a team, but his whole career has been nothing but disappointment and underachieving AS A ROLE PLAYER, at least until he went to play in Pop's fantastic system which has a history of making mediocre players overachieve, and is pretty much doing just that for Diaw.
    I don't agree with you completely.

Manu Ginobili is considered a bench player on the Spurs.. the Spurs don't necessarily put their best players on the floor all at once. Diaw is great, but he has never been a top option.. when he played in Phoenix his peak years.. he was a third/fourth option behind Stoudamire, Nash, Joe Johnson, etc..

I think if he was a second option he would have comparable numbers to Lee... remember Golden State has no inside presence offensively except Lee. What option would Diaw be on GS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu Ginobili is considered a bench player on the Spurs.. the Spurs don't necessarily put their best players on the floor all at once. Diaw is great, but he has never been a top option.. when he played in Phoenix his peak years.. he was a third/fourth option behind Stoudamire, Nash, Joe Johnson, etc..

I think if he was a second option he would have comparable numbers to Lee... remember Golden State has no inside presence offensively except Lee. What option would Diaw be on GS?
    Diaw would flourish in a starting role on Golden State

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Don't be stupid. Being a bench player doesn't always make you a role player in the manner that Diaw is. Comparing Manu to Diaw is apples to oranges.

Diaw is lazy, overweight, and loses focus frequently (at least he did prior to being on the Spurs).

If he was as good or unquestionably better than David Lee, then considering some of the situations he had presented to him through his career, he would have proven himself to be. Having opportunities to play has never been something he lacked. But he never made the best of those opportunities, usually ending up being a massive disappointment.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Diaw would flourish in a starting role on Golden State
    What makes you so confident in that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes you so confident in that?
    his skill set. on a team with that many shooters, his passing ability will thrive much like it does in san antonio. he'll find a slashing iggy, if the bigs shift he can slip a pass to bogut. not to mention he can space the floor even more than Lee does, and if he's in an aggressive mode (like we've seen quit a bit this year) he's just as good in the post. Lee is a better pick and roll finisher offensively though, i'll give him that. the ability to have the offense flow through him would be something david lee can't really do, especially if curry is resting. Lee isn't a bad passer at all, but he's not a guy that can initiate an offense.

and this doesn't even take defense into consideration. boris isn't cracking an all-defensive team anytime soon, but Lee has been proven to be one of the poorest paint defenders in the league, in the same mold as kevin love. diaw is a solid post defender due to his girth, and also has decent mobility to deal with stretch-4 types.

i think when FkLA first made his diaw>lee point it was ridiculous too... but the so-called "diaw 2.0" we've seen this year has made me raise my eyebrows

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Spurfan sucking off "Diaw 2.0" must have forgotten how fat, lazy, and unmotivated Diaw was in Charlotte before Pop's system made that scrub look good...

Nobody's pretending that Lee is some great player, but he's still better than Diaw without the benefit of the best system in the league to artificially inflate his stats

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    his skill set. on a team with that many shooters, his passing ability will thrive much like it does in san antonio. he'll find a slashing iggy, if the bigs shift he can slip a pass to bogut. not to mention he can space the floor even more than Lee does, and if he's in an aggressive mode (like we've seen quit a bit this year) he's just as good in the post. Lee is a better pick and roll finisher offensively though, i'll give him that. the ability to have the offense flow through him would be something david lee can't really do, especially if curry is resting. Lee isn't a bad passer at all, but he's not a guy that can initiate an offense.

and this doesn't even take defense into consideration. boris isn't cracking an all-defensive team anytime soon, but Lee has been proven to be one of the poorest paint defenders in the league, in the same mold as kevin love. diaw is a solid post defender due to his girth, and also has decent mobility to deal with stretch-4 types.

i think when FkLA first made his diaw>lee point it was ridiculous too... but the so-called "diaw 2.0" we've seen this year has made me raise my eyebrows
    Diaw already has basically been in that situation, and was decent, but nothing special. When Stoudemire went down, he had the opportunity to start for a whole season in Phoenix, and put up 13/6. Whereas when Lee was in good situations for his skillset, he put up 20/10.

Diaw also was a TERRIBLE paint defender in that situation as well, much like Lee.

He also had plenty of starting opportunities and seasons with plenty of minutes given to him in Charlotte as well, and was crap.

So again, I fail to see any line of reasoning to fully believe that he is a superior basketball player to David Lee. All I see is a bunch of if's and's and but's. And every bit of actual reasoning that has been presented, is completely debunked by facts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Btw, are we really supposed to believe it's a coincidence that Diaw's best years have come under D'Antoni and Pop, the two best coaches at inflating scrubs' stats?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw already has basically been in that situation, and was decent, but nothing special. When Stoudemire went down, he had the opportunity to start for a whole season in Phoenix, and put up 13/6. Whereas when Lee was in good situations for his skillset, he put up 20/10.

Diaw also was a TERRIBLE paint defender in that situation as well, much like Lee.

He also had plenty of starting opportunities and seasons with plenty of minutes given to him in Charlotte as well, and was crap.

So again, I fail to see any line of reasoning to fully believe that he is a superior basketball player to David Lee. All I see is a bunch of if's and's and but's. And every bit of actual reasoning that has been presented, is completely debunked by facts.
    What does this have to do with my assertion that a Diaw would thrive in golden state? That was what my entire post was about. I'm not concerning myself with what diaws post defense was like 7 years ago. There is no question that he is currently a better defensive player than David Lee

Thread Information