Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Not only Duncan, but they have to consider that MLE level money doesn't land them players (see this year's efforts to sign rather average SF's so they could amnesty RJ and they failed to obtain such a player despite having the MLE). If they can trade, I would have to imagine doing that is more appealing since Tim's contract and MLE money might really inhibit their ability to sign someone.

Not to mention that they aren't far off due to the West being open of making a legit run this year.

That is if they want to actually win however...
    Spurs didn't actually have the MLE this off season, only the mini ($2.5M), since they were over the tax figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't actually have the MLE this off season, only the mini ($2.5M), since they were over the tax figure.
    If they would have amnestied RJ, they would have. It would have been a simultaneous move; come to agreement with MLE free agent, amnesty RJ to actually make that available and then sign that FA.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup...that's the offer they made to Caron Butler IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are standing pat and rolling with what they have... you heard it here first...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs stand pat after the deadline this season will be a wash.

I guess there are better chances of grabbing someone off a buyout.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ilyasova is another stretch 4... would rather trade Bonner instead of Blair if we were to acquire him...
    Aint happening. Dude can shoot and he hits the boards pretty well. Someone will offer way more for him. But if we got him i'm all for it.
    It was fun watching him drop 25 on the knicks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually looking like the Spurs need a Tony Allen-esque player that can shut down perimeter shooters. Leonard isn't looking like the man for the job anymore (at least this season). It always seems like some scrub gets a hot hand against the Spurs and it usually isn't a big (go figure). If Tim, Tiago, and Blair can hold down the paint like they've been doing as of late on top of getting someone to shutdown the opposing team's hot hand, the Spurs can make a serious playoff run this year. Would be nice to get a stretch 4, but it's looking unlikely at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs wont do ... as always.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the Bogut talk - we already have two very solid centers in TD and Splitter. The better move is for a 4. I like the idea of trying to get Randolph at the deadline from Minni with some combination of Anderson, George Hill's trade exception, a 2nd round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have a sense of who is likely to get bought out? I know there was talk of Boris, but anyone else?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's in five days, it's time to speculate and dream about what Spurs should do.
    Well, since we're dreaming, my dream would include trading a couple of our guards to the:

• Hornets for Emeka Okafor, or
    • Knicks for Tyson Chandler, or
    • Blazers for Marcus Camby.

In other words, trade back-court depth for front-court defense and rebounding. Wow, these are really good dreams; think I'll go back to .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about trading Blair/Anderson for T'wolves anthony randolph?

silverblk mystix
    Spurs send Bonner to the bucks...as a token...just to let the bucks know they are serious...

If the spurs don't get Bogut or S Jax...it's ok they can keep Bonner just for considering the offer...

sounds fair to me...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ford is useless, so maybe Aaron Brooks ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop joked on one interview in which it meant that there's no change going to happen. no chance brah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs send Bonner to the bucks...as a token...just to let the bucks know they are serious...

If the spurs don't get Bogut or S Jax...it's ok they can keep Bonner just for considering the offer...

sounds fair to me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=89uj3ef

I know, I know...but the Spurs are limited as far as options go. He's obviously unhappy in Sacto and perhaps the change of scenery will get him somewhere close to the player that averaged 14/9 last season. Spurs get a true PF and the Kings get some needed guard depth and another big on a cheap contract. Kings would probably need to throw in a second round pick too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hickson has been pretty bad but I'd do it. He's better than Blair and Anderson is likely going to walk after the season anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...he's been bad but I think it has more to do with fit and his unhappiness with Cleveland trading him. It's worth a shot as it has a chance to be fairly high reward. We all know this team isn't winning anything with Blair starting on the front line.

silverblk mystix
    Yeah...he's been bad but I think it has more to do with fit and his unhappiness with Cleveland trading him. It's worth a shot as it has a chance to be fairly high reward. We all know this team isn't winning anything with Blair starting on the front line.
    Won't matter...Pop will play him BEHIND Bonner....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will . . . they'll try to dump Anderson for anything they can get (probably some protected future 2nd), so that they can somewhat lessen the tax burden after signing Diaw.

As far as shoring up their glaring weakness, it's not happening. Why they're so ready and willing to throw away one of the final seasons they'll have with Duncan and Ginobili is beyond me, but they made it loud and clear this past off season that they were fine with that.

The best that can be hoped for is that they put Diaw through a rigorous mini training camp upon his arrival, he ends up being a hand in glove fit, they start him and Leonard (with more shooting at the four, they don't need as much at the three -- though Leonard's showing marked improvement in this area --, plus Leonard can help make up for Diaw's lack of rebounding and give them a wing defender in the starting lineup) and play Green ahead of Jefferson as the backup three. I actually think all of this has a decent or better shot at happening, other than Jefferson not being in the rotation.
    When they signed RJ and Dice, the expectations were high but nothing happened as Jefferson had marginal impact in the '10 and '11 playoffs.

I think that Holt, Pop and RC realised that good chemistry and having Manu healthy is the best option, instead of throwing big bucks on talented players that may not produce.

For that same reason they will avoid dismantling the team, unless its for some franchise player. They may try to dump Anderson, he's gone anyway after the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably would do Hickson only because less injury concern, he's shown flashes of production and he would bring consistent energy; having said that I don't think he is nearly as good as that production he had in CLE.

I had an interesting convo with Shamsports: We were arguing the merits of a Bonner/JA/1st rounder for Amir Johnson. He thinks TOR would baulk at that offer because he's worth more basketball wise. I thought the Spurs probably wouldn't do that even though I'd want them to. It saves TOR a lot of money (~13M), gets them an add 1st rounder and doesn't hurt them short term wins wise. He thinks Amir could fetch more than that.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When they signed RJ and Dice, the expectations were high but nothing happened as Jefferson had marginal impact in the '10 and '11 playoffs.

I think that Holt, Pop and RC realised that good chemistry and having Manu healthy is the best option, instead of throwing big bucks on talented players that may not produce.

For that same reason they will avoid dismantling the team, unless its for some franchise player. They may try to dump Anderson, he's gone anyway after the season.
    The problem is the front office didn't address the real needs. RJ wasn't needed. Dice would have been good as backup big man. What the FO needed was a bigman not a SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably would do Hickson only because less injury concern, he's shown flashes of production and he would bring consistent energy; having said that I don't think he is nearly as good as that production he had in CLE.

I had an interesting convo with Shamsports: We were arguing the merits of a Bonner/JA/1st rounder for Amir Johnson. He thinks TOR would baulk at that offer because he's worth more basketball wise. I thought the Spurs probably wouldn't do that even though I'd want them to. It saves TOR a lot of money (~13M), gets them an add 1st rounder and doesn't hurt them short term wins wise. He thinks Amir could fetch more than that.

Thoughts?
    I wouldnt even waste my team arguing about a Bonner trade since there is 0% chance pop would ever get rid of him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thoughts?
    I think Hickson would be a great pickup.

Thread Information