Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So no more Russell Wilson talk, but can talk Raiders...hmmmm?
    Quite frankly your writing style is obnoxious and annoying to try and follow. I don’t understand what you have against normal paragraphs and coherent sentence structure.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why is there a problem simply telling it like it really is with Wilson?
    Exactly - why is there a problem with correctly pointing out that he's a game manager on a stacked team?

If Raiders talk had a track record of being as boring and obnoxious as your Struggle Wilson talk, nobody would want to read that either.
    I'm simply into facts, how things really are.

Quite frankly your writing style is obnoxious and annoying to try and follow. I don’t understand what you have against normal paragraphs and coherent sentence structure.
    I hated English class, obviously.

Exactly - why is there a problem with correctly pointing out that he's a game manager on a stacked team?
    A game manager who leads the NFL in TD passes?
    A game manager who leads the NFL in QB rating?
    A game manager who has more TD passes in the 4th Q of a season than anyone?
    A game manager who is second all time in passer rating?
    A game manager who was ranked number 11 last season when it came to the best in the NFL?
    Do game manages constantly make pro bowls?
    A game manager who is the only QB in history to have a 4000/30/500 season?

What amazes me about you is it's as if you have never seen him play. Everybody raves about the guy, you really don't see all that...wow! Dude, you are a guy bragging on Derek Anderson, Tom Savage, so what does that tell us, yep, you don't understand this stuff.

Dude, no QB in history has ever had as impressive first 7 seasons as this guy. And if you understood any of this you'd know that.

Leaves Wisconsin as the NCAA record holder for passing in a season. Ties the NFL TD rookie record. Has a 100 QB rating his first two seasons something that had never been done before. Wins a SB in his second season, plays in another in his third.

Dude, there are books in the library about football, you need to check some out.

Google this...The great Russell Wilson....and start reading about how lost you are. Trust me NOBODY brags on Derek Anderson and Tom Savage but you.

Why so much of this?

Russell Wilson: The greatest creative force in the league today

Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 04:25 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Tell ya what I will let this die, showing that I am serious about fitting in. So lets let this thread simply fade away.

But....how about keeping it real, ok? Everybody who watchs NFL football knows about the greatness of Russell Wilson, so why act goofy?

Ok as far I;m concerned this thread is dead.

It's rude to ignore those talking to you. If people want this thread to die then stay out of it. I won't be bumping it up.

But........why do you care what I or anyone else does? You don't have to get involved, right?

Go tell Spurtacular to cool his Blake and Reck thread which is nothing but...you suck,no you suck,you suck,no......ok?

A football forum that can't have a thread about Russell Wilson, really? But the 1-and who cares Raiders is cool....really?

As you know we a lot of Wilson haters here for some unknown reason, well I think the guy is great. Me sticking up for him is a problem? Why not tell those running him down to shut up....well?

You can have a thread about a team you like but I can't have a thread about a player I like, really guy? Do you see me in your Raiders thread.........dude, this is a terrible team why even talk about them?........nope, I respect others too much for that.
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.

I've changed my mind.

I will keep all my Wilson ramblings here only. I won't say about him anywhere else....scouts honor. So if ya don't want to read those ramblings simply don't.

If looking at a thread on a messageboard that reads......Russell Wilson....upsets you, you got some serious problems. Islamic terror, freaks with guns, a re ed president, taxes, rap, ok they suck......a thread le, really?

Honey....what's wrong baby, you've been moody all day?
    Baby....ah....nothing.
    Honey....look I know you, now what's up?
    Baby...ok ok, JohnnyD,
    Honey...JohnnyD?
    Baby....yep, he has a Russell Wilson thread over at Spurstalk,
    Honey....isn't that that place where everyone cusses and runs everybody else down?
    Baby...yes, but....Russell Wilson.
    Honey...why enter the thread?
    Baby...it's not that it's how it just stares at me....RUSSELL WILSON.
    Honey.....Baby, really? I mean like.....really?
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 07:14 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Are you really that immature? Does a thread you never have to read really have this effect on you, dude that's sad.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I'm simply into facts, how things really are.
    No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't pretend Struggle's an elite quarterback.

No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't pretend Struggle's an elite quarterback.
    Who has done it better in their first seven seasons? Well?

NFL records mean nothing?
    Leader in TD passes means nothing?
    Leader in QB rating means nothing?
    Pro Bowls mean niothing?
    Rated 11 as the best player means nothing?

Dude you have any how many records the guy already holds?

So who was more impressive in their first seven seasons......come n guy, who?

Now watch the guy yakyak but never come up with a name. He knows I will prove him wrong.

TONS of this sort of thing out there TONS

Few could have predicted that Russell Wilson would have the type of impact that he had immediately in the NFL.

In addition to becoming a Super Bowl champion, Wilson has become one of the most recognized quarterbacks in the game and has established himself as one of the most productive as well. Pro Football Focus broke down the quarterbacks that have achieved the most success in the fourth quarter with under five minutes remaining needing a touchdown or less.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady obviously leads the category and many others but he is not alone as an elite operator in those cir stances. There are two quarterbacks with an 80.0 or better grade in those situations - Brady (90.5) and Wilson (82.3).
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Tell ya what, give me the name of any QB who out performed Wilson in their first seven seasons. Only stipulation is they like Wilson had to step right in and take over. And I will total close this thread out.

Who?

I am talking...

wins
    comp%
    rushing
    yards
    TD/INT
    QB rating
    playoff success

Why is it nobody ever comes up with the guy who did it better? Come on people do something besides.....struggle Ya can't can ya?

Why Russell Wilson is better than any other QB, the finale: The top 5 QBs in the NFL

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson has proven he's a legitimate MVP candidate

Russell Wilson sets NFL record for fourth-quarter touchdowns in a season with more late-game magic. No big deal, just more late-game wizardry from Wilson, who set the NFL record with the most fourth-quarter touchdowns in a season (16), surpassing Eli Manning's previous mark of 15 in 2011.Dec 10, 2017

Only a blind man couldn't see the greatness of Russell Wilson. Sure he's no Derek Anderson or Tom Savage, let's not get carried away.
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-17-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Wilson vs Brady

I'll ignore the fact Brady sat on a bench in his first season.

This from his second season.

Their first six seasons.

Brady

best comp %...63.9
    most yards in a season...4,110
    most TD's in a season...26
    INT's in six seasons...78
    Best passer rating.....92.6

Wlson

34....twice
    110.1...five times he had something superior to Bradys 92.6

Will ignore rushing yards for obvious reasons.

As we can see Wilson FAR superior to Brady those first six seasons.

Joe Montana vs Wilson, trust me not even close, all Wilson.

How about Drew Brees?

Peyton Manning?

Trust meet it's not even close, go ahead check it out.

Nobody in the history of pro football ever had a better first six seasons than what we have seen from Russell Wilson. Make a liar out of me, go ahead give it a shot, trust me, it can't be done.

What about John Elway and Dan Marino? Elway is so far inferior it's comical. Marino hung close but inferior.

Those way back when guys like Unitas, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, in a whole other world. Not even worth talking about.

So who did it better than Wilson in those first six season? Well? I know.....BIG BEN.

What.....a 23 INT season? And his other stats inferior.

Who is left?

Well ....BRET FAVRE

If I told you how many INT's he had in his first six seasons (after season one where he did nothing) you wouldn't believe me. And his other stats inferior.

Who is left?

Now anyone can check Google and see if I'm accurate, trust me I am. While there find the guy who did have a better first six seasons than Russell Wilson. You won't find him because he doesn't exist.

How many QB's have three times more TD's than INT's? Try..184/61.

But, he played on stacked teams. HOFers Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, John Unitas played on stacked teams. Not counting those three....20 Hall of Famers to be.

But....ignore all that, ignore the SB's, ignore all his NFL records, ignore all those pro bowls. ignore where the players rank him, he's..............struggle

Why so much of this?

Is Russell Wilson the Best Quarterback in the League?
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-18-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Where is that guy who did it better?

Andrew Luck?

Nope!

What an amazing pass to Moore.

How many 4th quarter comebacks does Wilson have now?

What a day....

71.0 comp%
    339 yards
    2/0 TD/INT
    128.3 passer rating

I never get too carried away with any "one" race/game, but......how can anyone into football not see "it" with Russell Wilson?

No monster D, no BEASTMODE and the guy is having his best stats season, his highest QB rating. Will break his 34 td for a season record.
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 11-26-2018 at 02:28 AM.

With Rodgers clearly on the decline, Wilson might be the best QB in the NFL right now IMO..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

With Rodgers clearly on the decline, Wilson might be the best QB in the NFL right now IMO..
    are you being serious? Ignoring the fact it’s a stretch to put him ahead of Rodgers, youre putting Wilson ahead of Brees, Mahomes, Rivers & Brady?

No doubt he's in the very elite.

I don't think most people realize what he's really been doing. The guy holds at least 4 NFL records. When I do my....nobody has ever had a better first seven seasons I'm dead serious.

are you being serious? Ignoring the fact it’s a stretch to put him ahead of Rodgers, youre putting Wilson ahead of Brees, Mahomes, Rivers & Brady?
    Very realistic to have Wilson in with those guys. And he did have a better first seven seasons. Let's see what happens to Mahomes.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Very realistic to have Wilson in with those guys. And he did have a better first seven seasons. Let's see what happens to Mahomes.
    he had a better first 7 seasons than Brady did?

he had a better first 7 seasons than Brady did?
    Take a few minutes and Google their career stats. When it comes to ind stats it's all Russell Wilson, not really all that close.

In his first seven seasons the best passer rating Brady ever had was a 92.6, six times Wilson had something better than that and a 110.1 his best. Brady sat on a bench, Wilson came right in and took over.

Come on guy actually check out the stats.

There is no QB who did it better than Wilson if talking the stats, winning, records, playoff success, rushing combined than Wilson in their first seven seasons.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    ^ Solid troll

How many QB's walked right in and started day one?

How many QB won a SB in year two and came within a yard of winning two in year three?

How many QB have a career passer rating over 100?

How many QB;s have won a SB, led the NFL in passer rating, led the NFL in QB passes?

No QB ever started off wih two 100 passer rating seasons.

No QB has ever had a 4000/30/500 season but Wilson.

No QB ever threw more 4th Q td passes in a season.

Hi

Thread Information