Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you dont have to convince me. I was being sarcastic with apoc.

Been hearing that nonsense talking point for as long as I have been interested in Baseball which is most of my life.

The funny thing is even if it were true, it's still more relevant and more closely followed than soccer. At least in America.
    Oh yeah, I know. I was echoing your point. Baseball (and cricket in cricket playing countries) will always be "alive" (at least in our lifetimes) because they are fundamentally unique team sports compared to goal sport #668769. Basketball, soccer, football, hockey are all small variations on the same concept, while bat-and-ball sports are something completely different and a welcomed change of pace from watching guys on a rectangle trying move a ball around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, baseball is nothing but a mere Social Sport nowadys.

It's a good sport to go to and have a burger with a girl you're trying to pound. Nothing more.

Basketball, Football, Soccer, NHL etc All have committed Passionate fans..

Baseball is a good way to get laid though..Ill give you that. cheap tickets etc...Get a kiss. it's good.
    I already exploded your dumb myth that people just go to baseball games for the social experience by citing television ratings and regional tv ratings.

Baseball also beats ALL sports in merchandise sales.

The Licensing Letter’s 2010 Sports Licensing Report issue projects that MLB will sell $2.75 billion in licensed merchandise this year compared to $2.7 billion in NFL product. The NBA will pull in a projected $1.75 billion in gross sales for its logoed gear and the NHL will make $630 million in sales.
    Yeah, those "non-passionate fans" spending non-passionate money on merchandise for teams they support only out of casual social interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already exploded your dumb myth that people just go to baseball games for the social experience by citing television ratings and regional tv ratings.

Baseball also beats ALL sports in merchandise sales.

Yeah, those "non-passionate fans" spending non-passionate money on merchandise for teams they support only out of casual social interest.
    Baskeball and Soccer shirts are the only two fashionable sports uniforms..What do you expect?

both shirts are good fit.

No one casually buys football, Hocky and basketball shirts for "fashion"

I am well aware that baseball has the most fashionable shirts. I have Blue jays that I wear one when I go watch an ABL game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baskeball and Soccer shirts are the only two fashionable sports uniforms..What do you expect?

both shirts are good fit.

No one casually buys football, Hocky and basketball shirts for "fashion"

I am well aware that baseball has the most fashionable shirts. I have Blue jays that I wear one when I go watch an ABL game...
    Anecdotes again

You'll never understand. Baseball is HUGE regionally. I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you to get it through your head that baseball games often outdraw the NBA and NHL teams in that market. Those fans in turn buy merchandise to show pride in their local teams. If you want anecdotes, Laker gear is pretty irrelevant here compared to Dodger gear. People really only care about the Lakers when they are winning or have a marketable star. Dodgers lead the league in attendance even when they're ty.

You so badly want baseball to die because they don't run around , but there's zero evidence of that. Sorry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotes again

You'll never understand. Baseball is HUGE regionally. I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you to get it through your head that baseball games often outdraw the NBA and NHL teams in that market. Those fans in turn buy merchandise to show pride in their local teams. If you want anecdotes, Laker gear is pretty irrelevant here compared to Dodger gear. People really only care about the Lakers when they are winning or have a marketable star. Dodgers lead the league in attendance even when they're ty.

You so badly want baseball to die because they don't run around , but there's zero evidence of that. Sorry.
    I cant believe you're still arguing with this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotes again

25% to 15%

says no evidence..

Here's a great article why Baseball is dying. You should read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25% to 15%

says no evidence..

Overall fan interest grew by 5% from 43 to 48 since 1993

Again, you re edly think people can't be fans of more than 1 sport.

That article (by an Australian ) repeats the same tripe that isn't backed by any evidence. And "My name is soccer." EPL ratings are declining and averaging only about 400K, which is about the same as women's golf. MLS can't draw flies. And men's national team ratings lose to women's softball in the ratings. Only viable league is that Liga MX , followed by illegal Mexicans, not the most advertiser friendly demo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLS can't beat Billiards and Poker in the ratings

"MLS gon' be huge! All the millennials love it!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25% to 15%

says no evidence..

Wow great example there big man.

From an outsider who managed to get his sport mixed up along his "explanation."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what happnes if you dont prepare enough hamburgers for everyone...
    what loooool

a hungry man is an angry man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miggy could probably whoop McGregor's ass, tbh.
    yes tbh, he could probably in a cheeseburger eating contest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MLS can't beat Billiards and Poker in the ratings

"MLS gon' be huge! All the millennials love it!"
    using MLS as an argument
    for the rest of the world MLS=beisbol

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Mid destroying doublehandjobball fans like Floyd destroyed McGregor

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    using MLS as an argument
    That's a cute graph in baby blue though tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who won the fight? Guy in black or the guy in red/white?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a cute graph in baby blue though tbh...
    beisbol graphs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I see is a couple of overweight folks going to the ground without a single punch being landed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using MLS as an argument
    I'd rather zap into a MLB game than a MLS one. No kidding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather zap into a MLB game than a MLS one. No kidding.
    Agreed.

Laughing at fat Muricans is fun tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats what we needed tbh... more graphs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    using MLS as an argument
    The dumb article apa posted used MLS as an argument. EPL, La Liga, nor Liga MX will turn soccer into a major sport here. Only a relevant domestic league can, and the MLS can't draw flies. They have good attendance, but only TV really matters, and the MLS can't draw flies.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Snoozeball gonna snoozeball.

Orioles game, photo was taken yesterday. Feel free to bust out more attendance graphs though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snoozeball gonna snoozeball.

Orioles game, photo was taken yesterday. Feel free to bust out more attendance graphs though

A Monday game (out 162) for a team that is .500 near the end of the season didn't draw well? Color me surprised! Even so, still drew 15K fans, which is about the MLS average when you take away those hipsters in Seattle

Why not post a photo from a Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees game?

I know why. Don't worry.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A Monday game (out 162) for a team that is .500 near the end of the season didn't draw well? Color me surprised! Even so, still drew 15K fans, which is about the MLS average when you take away those hipsters in Seattle

Why not post a photo from a Red Sox, Cubs, Dodgers, Yankees game?

I know why. Don't worry.
    30 000 empty seats 37 500 if you take into account that half the crowd was probably asleep.

By the way, to put things in perspective, 15 000 is only better attendance than the last team in the english premier league. So record doesn't really mean .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 000 empty seats 37 500 if you take into account that half the crowd was probably asleep.

By the way, to put things in perspective, 15 000 is only better attendance than the last team in the english premier league. So record doesn't really mean .
    That doesn't even take into consideration total population..

The US is 350 Million large..

How many people live in toothless land?

Thread Information