I see what you did there. How clever

Post Count
    How the did the Bills blow that game?

ing Patriots.

Kooler than Jesus Nathan Explosion's Avatar
    Post Count
    How the did the Bills blow that game?

ing Patriots.
    Guy didn't kneel the ball for a touch back. That's why.

The one concern I'd have for the Pats is how little they got to the QB. They were playing the Bills who started 2 or 3 rookies on the line. Trent Edwards should have been staring at the sky all night.

Then you look at the next game, and against a good San Diego line, Seymour was in the backfield all day.

My Team
    Indianapolis Colts
    Post Count
    The one concern I'd have for the Pats is how little they got to the QB. They were playing the Bills who started 2 or 3 rookies on the line. Trent Edwards should have been staring at the sky all night.
    I think some of it had to do with no Seymour and that Wilfork is an out of shape fatass who got tired quickly due to the Bills running the no huddle.

Post Count
    I think some of it had to do with no Seymour and that Wilfork is an out of shape fatass who got tired quickly due to the Bills running the no huddle.
    If the Pats don't develop a pass rush by Week 3, I'd start to think that the Pats got a little too smart for they're own good.

The Wilfork part is the biggest reason IMO. The Patriots have been able to get the to QB when Seymour was injured before, it also could be the switch to the 4-3 and the coaching staff has less linebacker blitzing versatility.

If Carolina loses more games and begins to implode and New England still has a mediocre pass rush, it might finally be time they pull the trigger on Peppers.

If the Pats don't develop a pass rush by Week 3, I'd start to think that the Pats got a little too smart for they're own good.

I think they might have overrated their system and underrated how much Vrabel and Seymour made their system work.

Post Count
    I think they might have overrated their system and underrated how much Vrabel and Seymour made their system work.
    Exactly. They've lost quite a few players this season and it might begin to show.

Seymour and Greg Ellis played like they had something to prove to the Raiders, Pats and Cowboys.

Like I said, if this continues to be the case by Week 3, I think the Pats are in trouble defensively.

Exactly. They've lost quite a few players this season and it might begin to show.

Seymour and Greg Ellis played like they had something to prove to the Raiders, Pats and Cowboys.

Like I said, if this continues to be the case by Week 3, I think the Pats are in trouble defensively.

If Jerod Mayo is out for any period of time, they're in trouble regardless. They won their superbowls because of how strong they were at linebacker, now outside of Mayo and Thomas, they've got nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    If I'm not mistaken him running it out of the end zone got the clock past the 2 minute warning and thus essentially burned a timeout for the Pats, no? He can't be faulted for that, it was just a fluke fumble and a lucky win for the Pats.

If I'm not mistaken him running it out of the end zone got the clock past the 2 minute warning and thus essentially burned a timeout for the Pats, no? He can't be faulted for that, it was just a fluke fumble and a lucky win for the Pats.
    It wasn't a fluke fumble, Brandon Meriweather went for the strip and repeatedly hacked at the ball, and he decided to keep fighting for yardage rather than fall down. It's not like someone's helmet happened to pop the ball out during a tackle. It was a player who is great at forcing fumbles forcing a fumble.

Post Count
    No secret I hate the Patriots but even I know Belichick is gonna get that defense right. They don't need a great defense, just a good, bend but don't break unit.

No secret I hate the Patriots but even I know Belichick is gonna get that defense right. They don't need a great defense, just a good, bend but don't break unit.

I hope so, but now that I think about it, the defense wasn't as bad as people are saying it was yesterday. Buffalo scored 24 points. 7 of those points were because of a Schobel pick 6. 7 more of those points were because of a bull roughing the passer call. 3 more points were cause of ANOTHER bull roughing the passer call. For hypothetical sake, lets say if not for those two calls, they score 3 points instead of 10, so the defense really only gave up 10 points. Not bad at all for a team that just switched to the 4-3, has several new starters to work in, and was missing its best player most of the game.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I really didn't have a problem with either roughing the passer calls. The Adalius Thomas one was obvious to me, the whistles were blowing for a few seconds and he still slammed Edwards to the ground excessively. Just a stupid decision.

The Wilfork one is more questionable, but by the letter of the law, it's the right call. After what happened to Brady last year, I'm happy with any rule that protects a QB's knees (even if it is promoting the wussification of the NFL).

Post Count
    I hope so, but now that I think about it, the defense wasn't as bad as people are saying it was yesterday. Buffalo scored 24 points. 7 of those points were because of a Schobel pick 6. 7 more of those points were because of a bull roughing the passer call. 3 more points were cause of ANOTHER bull roughing the passer call. For hypothetical sake, lets say if not for those two calls, they score 3 points instead of 10, so the defense really only gave up 10 points. Not bad at all for a team that just switched to the 4-3, has several new starters to work in, and was missing its best player most of the game.
    Pats fans complaining about a rule named after their QB? Funny.

However, I saw a Pats defense that was gashed by the running game. And before you try the "only gave up 10 points" argument, remember, they were playing the Bills and won by one point despite being favored by 11.5.

The defense has problems. I'm not saying they're doomed, but they have problems.

The defense couldn't stop the run and couldn't get to the quarterback. And remember, IT WAS THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Pats fans complaining about a rule named after their QB? Funny.

However, I saw a Pats defense that was gashed by the running game. And before you try the "only gave up 10 points" argument, remember, they were playing the Bills and won by one point despite being favored by 11.5.

The defense has problems. I'm not saying they're doomed, but they have problems.

The defense couldn't stop the run and couldn't get to the quarterback. And remember, IT WAS THE BUFFALO BILLS!!!
    Yes, because they applied the rule incorrectly. Funny that we'd argue about a bad call. :p

And also, did you notice we lost Jerod Mayo? Defensive Rookie of the Year? That probably had something to do with the Bills running effectively. Sucks that he'll be out for the next six weeks, as the Pats LBs are all young with relatively little playing time, with the exception of Adalius and Banta-Cain.

And yes, the D really needs to step up and apply pressure. Our D-backs did good, but they won't be that good every game.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I really didn't have a problem with either roughing the passer calls. The Adalius Thomas one was obvious to me, the whistles were blowing for a few seconds and he still slammed Edwards to the ground excessively. Just a stupid decision.

The Wilfork one is more questionable, but by the letter of the law, it's the right call. After what happened to Brady last year, I'm happy with any rule that protects a QB's knees (even if it is promoting the wussification of the NFL).
    Except Wilfork was tackling him at his upper thighs. :p

I never said they didn't have problems, I said it's being blown outa proportion how horribly they played.

Post Count
    Anyone miss the part where I said, IT WAS THE BUFFALO BILLS!

And if losing one player takes an entire element of your defense away, then the Pats really are in trouble. The Pats were renowned for being able to plug practically anyone in their scheme and succeed.

Say what you want about the Cowboys, if they lost DeMarcus Ware, They'd still get to the QB. It just wouldn't be as easy, but they'd find a way to get pressure.

Mayo goes out and the Pats couldn't stop the run and couldn't get to the QB. The world's biggest Pats homer Bill Simmons says the same thing.

Again, I'm not saying they're doomed, I'd just worried that losing 1 player can damage that defensive front 7, with guys like Wilfork and Thomas also on the unit, that much.

Post Count
    Yes, because they applied the rule incorrectly. Funny that we'd argue about a bad call. :p

And also, did you notice we lost Jerod Mayo? Defensive Rookie of the Year? That probably had something to do with the Bills running effectively. Sucks that he'll be out for the next six weeks, as the Pats LBs are all young with relatively little playing time, with the exception of Adalius and Banta-Cain.

And yes, the D really needs to step up and apply pressure. Our D-backs did good, but they won't be that good every game.
    I just find if funny that Pats fans are complaing about the refs when the league stepped up to protect their QB. I'll put it this way, don't complain too much about the refs protecting QBs when the LEAGUE stepped up to protect your QB.

Say what you want about the Cowboys, if they lost DeMarcus Ware, They'd still get to the QB.

Post Count
    THE BILLS. Remember that.

And I know Ratliff and Spencer were in the backfield way more than the Pats were.

Again, say what you will, the Pats couldn't get through the Bills line, which started 2 rookies.

THE BILLS.

Well, peace monos. Ima go do the same.

Thread Information