Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll just bet they are.
    Finally admit the media Is in bed with the lakers.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Finally admit the media Is in bed with the lakers.
    There you go being purposely obtuse again of a Sabbath.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There you go being purposely obtuse again of a Sabbath.
    There you are going back on your word again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The contract he signed tells me he's looking at the Lakers when Lebron's contract is up. I can see him, Lebron, George and Davis on the same team if a couple of them are willing to play for less.
    After what him AND George did? Don't bet on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After what him AND George did? Don't bet on it.
    Nope - this is on Lakers IMO. They have been the worst franchise in the nba for 6 years running. They had two stars demand a trade to them (PG first, then Kawhi). When you are are bottom of the barrel like Lakers, you don’t spurn stars that ask to come to you.

By not giving the house for PG and just assuming he would walk to LA in free agency (huge, huge, HUGE mistake) you alienated him and that set the tone. He even came out and said that is exactly why he didnt even give Lakers a meeting which good on him.

They got y and just thought despite their complete inep ude players would take less money (by not trading for their bird rights and making them come in FA instead) to come to them. It’s wildly stupid and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Luckily, Klutch saved them with Bron/AD and if it weren’t for that collusion LA would be in deep sh*t.

And spare me the “no one would trade with Lakers”. NO, they offered crap deals, without the picks necessary to get it done. If they brought the house like they did with AD they would have their other star.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope - this is on Lakers IMO. They have been the worst franchise in the nba for 6 years running. They had two stars demand a trade to them (PG first, then Kawhi). When you are are bottom of the barrel like Lakers, you don’t spurn stars that ask to come to you.

By not giving the house for PG and just assuming he would walk to LA in free agency (huge, huge, HUGE mistake) you alienated him and that set the tone. He even came out and said that is exactly why he didnt even give Lakers a meeting which good on him.

They got y and just thought despite their complete inep ude players would take less money (by not trading for their bird rights and making them come in FA instead) to come to them. It’s wildly stupid and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Luckily, Klutch saved them with Bron/AD and if it weren’t for that collusion LA would be in deep sh*t.

And spare me the “no one would trade with Lakers”. NO, they offered crap deals, without the picks necessary to get it done. If they brought the house like they did with AD they would have their other star.
    Couple issues with your post.

1) PG13 played all of 6 games after that gruesome injury. The following year he had 23ppg but shot 41%. Was he really worth the haul at that time? Lakers did right by not giving up a ton of assets for a player with that kind of injury (at that time). And after watching Joe Ingles bust his balloon knot, the Lakers were rightPERIOD

2) You are wrong about Kiwi. Lakers could have offered prime Shaq for him and CIA Pop would not have done it. Rumor had it that the same package we gave the Pels for AD.

Say what you want but Pop told Demps not to trade with the Lakers. So no, he wouldn't trade with the Lakers either.

3) Getting in bed with Klutch was the best thing Magic did. Several players have signed with him (including Ben Simmons) that might end up Lakers in the future the same way AD bullied his way here.

So yes, the Lakers have been ed up the last 6 years as you said. We still have two top 5 players that compliment each other really well, on the same roster. Our present and future is better than many "well-run" organizations, like the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep clinging to that. As long as Bron is playing and has power, Klutch Lakers are fine. Once that is over?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Keep clinging to that. As long as Bron is playing and has power, Klutch Lakers are fine. Once that is over?
    As long as Klutch signs big names, we good. The Lakers planted the seed when they paid KCP $18M when no other team would. This was a downpayment for LBJ. Then Klutch strong armed Pels into surrendering AD. The only player I regret losing is Ingram and even then I'm good with it because I don't know his longterm prognosis with that blood clot.

Boston had "better assets" than LA but wouldn't trade for AD because of Klutch telling them it would be a 1-year rental.

They'll do it again to get players to the Lakers....until the CBA is changed AGAIN to placate player hating- blocking small market owners like Cuban

Boiled down, we'll be fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And in the meanwhile, we got a 26 year old stud just entering his prime. Who wouldn't want to play with him - ESPECIALLY in LA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in the meanwhile, we got a 26 year old stud just entering his prime. Who wouldn't want to play with him - ESPECIALLY in LA?
    Evidently Kawhi, PG and all other stars ? LA didn’t land anyone that was not associated in collusion with Klutch. That doesn’t worry you?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Evidently Kawhi, PG and all other stars ? LA didn’t land anyone that was not associated in collusion with Klutch. That doesn’t worry you?
    Nope. It's called "the Laker tax" because there are some teams out there bent on not helping the Lakers - no matter what.

Look at Demps. He had a fantastic offer (even better than the one Griffin took) and he turned it down. Results? He got fired.

Boiled down: these small market teams have owners and front offices that are incompetent for the most part. The only two rare exceptions are the Spurs and the Pacers (believe it or not). The rest are poorly run. This leads to Kwame for MVPau type deals.

Teams are losing games and money. Next thing you know their stars want out. And when this happens, the Lakers will be there to "help them out" of their financial jams.

Stars going to the Lakers one way or another is like Thanos:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And what about the collective collusion amongst the small market teams tryna keep stars away from the Lakers? They did it with CP0 (thankfully) and we know some shady went down with the PG13 trade to the Clipps at the 11th hour.

Funny because we gave up less assets for a younger/better player. And Kiwi only signed up to team with PG13 for 2 years, essentially. So the clock is ticking for the Clipps. Pressure is squarely on them to win now. Let's see how they do. Pressure is known to burst pipes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2) You are wrong about Kiwi. Lakers could have offered prime Shaq for him and CIA Pop would not have done it. Rumor had it that the same package we gave the Pels for AD.
    What a re ed rumor. There was no #4 pick for the Lakers to offer the Spurs in summer 2018. That was the single closest thing the Pelicans got to a reacharound in that deal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What a re ed rumor. There was no #4 pick for the Lakers to offer the Spurs in summer 2018. That was the single closest thing the Pelicans got to a reacharound in that deal.
    That #4 pick ain't in a 2-player draft. Amirite?

Besides, the Spurs wanted future draft picks that was > what the Clipps gave up for PG13. The Lakers were willing to do it. MAGA Pop said no then told Demps not to trade with us. Now both the Pels and Lakers are in better shape than the Spurs

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Besides, the Spurs wanted future draft picks that was > what the Clipps gave up for PG13. The Lakers were willing to do it. MAGA Pop said no then told Demps not to trade with us. Now both the Pels and Lakers are in better shape than the Spurs
    Bull they were willing to do it. The spurs have them an offer, everyone plus picks. Magic decided to be him and countered at which point the spurs said no

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's much much better than scrub ass Kuzma.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bull they were willing to do it. The spurs have them an offer, everyone plus picks. Magic decided to be him and countered at which point the spurs said no
    LINK? Because no way would the Lakers NOT give whatever it took to get Kiwi to pair with Martin Lou to the Kang.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's much much better than scrub ass Kuzma.
    Remains to be seen on Kuz. Unlike his rookie year, he's not the first option. And unlike last year, he's not even 2nd option.

If Boogie is as good as he looks right now, Kuz won't even be the 3rd option.

He's gonna feast against lesser defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LINK? Because no way would the Lakers NOT give whatever it took to get Kiwi to pair with Martin Lou to the Kang.
    You have a link for the you said? From what I've heard magic tried to negotiate when kawhi said LA only. The spurs said we aren't going to negotiate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You have a link for the you said? From what I've heard magic tried to negotiate when kawhi said LA only
    ^ making up

-2,000 points for tryna mislead these farmers son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ making up

-2,000 points for tryna mislead these farmers son
    It's funny because you can't accept magic ed you. Just make sure to get checked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you sure LA is in a better spot? I mean they have AD and Bron but long-term? Same stupid front office and decision makers.

But thank goodness Demps said no, Griffin got a 10x better deal from LA than the one proposed initially. It’s not even close.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's funny because you can't accept magic ed you. Just make sure to get checked

Nah, Magic got us the Kang. I call that an assist.

Kang (Klutch) led to AD. Klutch also told MM not to sign with MAGA Pop. MM chose Dolan over Pop

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you sure LA is in a better spot? I mean they have AD and Bron but long-term? Same stupid front office and decision makers.

But thank goodness Demps said no, Griffin got a 10x better deal from LA than the one proposed initially. It’s not even close.
    Yeah, I'm sure. As ed up as the Lakers have been, we still got 2 top 5 players** on the same team. Doesn't matter to me how we got them (no one is complaining about the haul OKC got from the Logo to obtain PG13; they overpaid more than we did).

**Top 5 players

Kiwi
    Bron
    Giannis
    Chef
    AD***

***KD is hurt

Thread Information