Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why wouldn't they? Isn't that what this series is about? Unless this becomes an anthology series to cover other Targaryen stories like Aegon's conquest and the Blackfyre rebellions?
    Or because of how ty they ended GOT by making the entire series focal point do a nosedive into ing her relative and becoming Hitler.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Or because of how ty they ended GOT by making the entire series focal point do a nosedive into ing her relative and becoming Hitler.
    The Targaryens historically aren't nice people. Slavery, genocide, polygamy, incest... all commonplace. Viserys building a model and talking about old Valyria would be like a modern-day German talking about the good old days in 1930s Berlin. I have no issues with how Danerys ended up on GOT, the major problem was there was zero development or buildup. She went crazy in a matter of five minutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    After two eps of both, prefer Rings of Power so far tbh
    Really? Other than having a gargantuan budget and looking amazing, I find Rings of Power pretty boring so far.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Really? Other than having a gargantuan budget and looking amazing, I find Rings of Power pretty boring so far.
    I was bored the first 5-10 minutes, but once the Snow Troll appeared I was hooked in. I was a little toasty but entertained after that all through the second ep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saw the first two. Think it’s very good so far. I’m optimistic at this point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Some next level plot armor for Daemon. Rickon should've taken notes, tbh.

Also would've liked to see the duel between the two, no matter how brief it may have been.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Last 20 of that ep was pretty good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    I was bored the first 5-10 minutes, but once the Snow Troll appeared I was hooked in. I was a little toasty but entertained after that all through the second ep.
    Caught up last night.

I know nothing about Middle Earth/Tolkien lore outside of what's been shown in the movies. So I'm hooked on the show because idk what's happening or how exactly s gonna go down. Def gonna keep watching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Caught up last night.

I know nothing about Middle Earth/Tolkien lore outside of what's been shown in the movies. So I'm hooked on the show because idk what's happening or how exactly s gonna go down. Def gonna keep watching.
    Same man. I saw all the LOTR and enjoyed them but it was so long ago, I don't know how they tie into House of Dragon. But I'm not sure if I care. It stands on it's own. It would be cool to see some tie ins to Bonemaster or Schelrith. But I get that can't be done until they decide to start wrapping up the series.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    After two eps of both, prefer Rings of Power so far tbh
    This.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    . Really? I've kind of been putting that off. Hearing that it's better gives me a little woody.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Last nights episode was kinda meh. But, it set up future episodes pretty nicely

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's ok, but really for me only provides "oh that's what's his name's relatives" or "hey that must be Gandalf". The storyline itself isn't interesting because we know the outcome already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Targaryens historically aren't nice people. Slavery, genocide, polygamy, incest... all commonplace. Viserys building a model and talking about old Valyria would be like a modern-day German talking about the good old days in 1930s Berlin. I have no issues with how Danerys ended up on GOT, the major problem was there was zero development or buildup. She went crazy in a matter of five minutes.
    Yeah I didn't care how she went, just that it made sense. She didn't go ape when her hubby died but when her friend was murdered she decides to go scorched Earth (literally) and the killing of Sam's relatives was a bit OTT.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It's ok, but really for me only provides "oh that's what's his name's relatives" or "hey that must be Gandalf". The storyline itself isn't interesting because we know the outcome already.
    Also applies to House of Dragons?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Loving Hot D so far. Hopefully the budget for CGI gets better before we get to the Dance of Dragons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even if we know the eventual outcome of Westeros, we don't know how it got there and what role these particular characters played (unless you've read Fire and Blood). The scheming and political intrigue has always been part of the fun.

Rings of Power (judging by the characters introduced so far), just seems to be an extended version of the LOTR prologue. That might even be interesting, and I hope it does improve, but I'm just finding every character extremely wooden and cliche so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nah I don't know canon for GOT. I didn't keep up with all the families and their histories. However I saw the trilogy for LOTR in the theater and have watched these shows a few times, and have read the books so I cannot help but know them all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    That was a brilliant episode. They're doing a fantastic job building the foundation for the Greens v Black conflict.

Acting wise pretty much everyone is killing it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    They have done an awesome job so far tbh. The time lapses make it kind of difficult, but they have done a good job of keeping the audience informed during the time lapses if that makes sense

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Even if we know the eventual outcome of Westeros, we don't know how it got there and what role these particular characters played (unless you've read Fire and Blood). The scheming and political intrigue has always been part of the fun.

Rings of Power (judging by the characters introduced so far), just seems to be an extended version of the LOTR prologue. That might even be interesting, and I hope it does improve, but I'm just finding every character extremely wooden and cliche so far.
    That’s my issue with LoTR in general. All of the characters are just black and white. And while they may have been good characters for the time. I feel they haven’t aged well and don’t hold my interest particularly

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That’s my issue with LoTR in general. All of the characters are just black and white. And while they may have been good characters for the time. I feel they haven’t aged well and don’t hold my interest particularly
    Well yeah if we're comparing one literary series to another, there's no question that the characters in Ice and Fire have way more shades of grey.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well, that is not surprising given one series was the beginning of the modern genre.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Next episode is 10 years later

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Next episode is 10 years later
    It's gonna get wild tbh. That little Aegon looks like he is growing up quite a bit in the next one.

Thread Information