Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    not in my country? wtf?

Post Count

Post Count
    Up free on http://www.ufc.com/

One of the best fights of all time Shogun/Hendo...

Post Count
    Full event Preview..

Saw this tweet first and was hoping it wasn't related to 151

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Hearing that we may have some disappointed @UFC fans soon due to some unfortunate cir stances for an upcoming card. ��

--

Then I saw this...

--

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.

Post Count
    Saw this tweet first and was hoping it wasn't related to 151

Kenny Florian ‏@kennyflorian

Hearing that we may have some disappointed @UFC fans soon due to some unfortunate cir stances for an upcoming card. ��

--

Then I saw this...

--

Jeremy Botter ‏@jeremybotter

If what I'm hearing is correct, UFC 151 may be in desperate need of a main event. And that sucks.
    There was a rumor going around Sherdog earlier about Hendo having an injury.. I have no damn clue what they will do if Hendo is out.. Jones i would expect to fight, he is the champ and ready to fight but against who????

I don't know????

Well there are 3 options if true:

1. Machida

2. Alexander Gustafsson

or

Post Count
    1 Week notice is a nightmare for the UFC.. Who is available and who is in shape? Jones has been training for probably 10 weeks he is going to murder any replacement.. Chael would be so stupid IMO, no time to sell the fight at all... That said i have no doubt Sonnen is calling Dana asking for it..

Yeah Sonnen needs time to get in shape and sell the fight.

Bones mentioned in a tweet something along the lines "when I have to make a tough weight cut I always go to so and so" a few days ago, not that he was in trouble of making weight, but maybe they could move him off this card altogether to give opponent more time.

Like you said 1 week for le fight is not enough time, Bones already has a great chance to destroy anyone with a full training camp, but 1 week to prepare for Bones...

Dana is going to make an announcement at 1 p.m. cst

Sonnen tweeted this at 12:41

30 min to cement your legacy. Champ or Coward? I make a lot more than you do... Show up in 8 days I'll give you my purse.

They are cancelling 151.

Hendo partial tear of of MCL.

Dana said 1 guy accepted the fight, that guy was "Chael P. Sonnen" They had a fight by 8 p.m. last night, had PR, marketing etc, getting ready for new fight.

Jones said he didn't want to fight Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Sept 22 Jones vs Machida at UFC 152

Post Count
    They are cancelling 151.

Hendo partial tear of of MCL.

Dana said 1 guy accepted the fight, that guy was "Chael P. Sonnen" They had a fight by 8 p.m. last night, had PR, marketing etc, getting ready for new fight.

Jones said he didn't want to fight Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Sept 22 Jones vs Machida at UFC 152
    I knew Sonnen would be the only guy nutty enough to want it... But Sept 22nd is fine for Lyoto..

Dana is pissed at Greg Jackson and at Bones:

Dana White calls Greg Jackson a "fu#$kin sport killer" ; Jackson advised Jon Jones to not take Chael Sonnen fight.

Jones is the first champion to ever turn down a match - Dana White

Post Count
    Dana is throwing Jones under the bus. Basically Jones is a detail freak and since he did not prepare for Sonnen he did not want the fight right now.. Also he feels Sonnen does not deserve the fight.. Dana can yell like a little all he wants i really don't care. Jones is the champ and has fought a muderers row of fighters the last year and a half.. You'll get over it Dana..

Post Count
    Jones is a piece of .

Only the main event is being moved, all the other fights are cancelled till UFC can find cards for them.

Post Count
    Dana is throwing Jones under the bus. Basically Jones is a detail freak and since he did not prepare for Sonnen he did not want the fight right now.. Also he feels Sonnen does not deserve the fight.. Dana can yell like a little all he wants i really don't care. Jones is the champ and has fought a muderers row of fighters the last year and a half.. You'll get over it Dana..
    I thought he didn't wanna fight chael because he didn't think he deserves it which is it? Detail freak gimme a break he's a ing fighter, again like I have said before get the black out of your mouth and open your eyes.

Post Count
    I thought he didn't wanna fight chael because he didn't think he deserves it which is it? Detail freak gimme a break he's a ing fighter, again like I have said before get the black out of your mouth and open your eyes.
    First of all relax...

Secondly I do understand why people are mad at Jones I get it however it is not fair to dump all the blame into Jones lap... Jones is supposed to make a decision about his career based on the other fighters... The UFC put together a horrible card... You know what happens in most situations, they just bump the Co-Main event... Dana put all his eggs into this fight so they knew that would not fly and I did not hear Dana take any responsibility for that whatsoever... You know why? Because the UFC has changed the business model from a few years ago and the cards are thinner than ever before. They used to do 15-17 events a year now it is 32-34. Should Jon have taken the fight? Sure I buy that but does the UFC deserve blame for this as well, you bet your ass they do... Plenty of blame...

Post Count
    Jones is not a fighter

Talks about money and as a champ picks opponents. Full of y bas

Chael was risking much. He also was not prepared. But whatever. Damn Hendo!

Jackson became too cautious. Not good.

Post Count

Post Count
    Jon Jones takes 4 fights in a year and he is arrogant..

Now he turns down 1 fight and Jones is a pussy....

Post Count
    Not exactly a pussy. But the mma has changed. And Bones is moving up as a spoiler.

Post Count
    John! John! Go check on him! Go check on him, get some fans!

Thread Information