Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    They looked like they had him pretty well under control from what I just saw. There was some tussling. But I didn't see a gun pointed at the officers, they had him down with 2 cops and they were on top of him.
    Like I said I'm on the fence if this guy was indeed threatening someone with a gun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Like I said I'm on the fence if this guy was indeed threatening someone with a gun.
    What does that matter? If he was threatening someone with a gun and the cops got there and shot him because he was pointing a gun at someone - ok.

But regardless of what happened before, they had him down and were on top of him. At that point, he did not appear to have a gun anymore and was subdued.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It doesn't matter if people have a record and are terrible people. There is still a process in this country that all people have the right to.

Cops have really hard jobs in moments like these, but you better be sure you are in the right if it comes to taking someone's life and you are in a position of power.
    Tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    s given went down to zero when I saw that he was resisting arrest while having a gun. When I saw his rap sheet, (including being a sex offender on a juvenlie) s given went down to negative 50.
    Yeah. But that doesn't mean he deserves to die. I'm not going to shed a tear over the death/murder of a sex offender, but it still doesn't make it right. He served his time and was square with the house again.

I did get a chuckle outta this though:

"In a sheriff’s affidavit on another date, Sterling was accused of breaking into a woman’s apartment by making a hole in the wall, and then trying to sell her goldfish for $20."

Stealing an old woman's goldfish

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    Yeah. But that doesn't mean he deserves to die. I'm not going to shed a tear over the death/murder of a sex offender, but it still doesn't make it right. He served his time and was square with the house again.

"In a sheriff’s affidavit on another date, Sterling was accused of breaking into a woman’s apartment by making a hole in the wall, and then trying to sell her goldfish for $20."

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-...acebook-watch/

In yet another case, Sterling was accused of entering a man’s house and demanding money. He then pushed and shoved the man, “tearing up furniture” and then others arrived to help destroy items, including appliances, the court affidavit says. The court record says that a police officer stopped Sterling, who said he had “tore up the apartment” because the victim had stolen his money. He gave his name as “Otis Deesnuts” and made a reference to a killing and having a barbecue, court records say.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They 8 pieced his dark ass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He grabbed at the officers gun and wasn't subdued. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I doubt his sexual assault victim felt he was square with the house. Karma is the ultimate judge and for this guy, judgement was severe. Maybe it'll drag down a ty cop as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    1) Its only a huge story because hes black and its that time of the year to remind us how separate we all are from one another
    2) He didnt deserve that
    3) Why the is he resisting? Everyone pretty much gets resisting = gonna get tazed/sprayed/ or shot
    4) These cops should face jail time imho...

RIP man...you didnt deserve to go out like that

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If he had felony charges was it even legal for him to have a gun in LA? I'm on the fence on this one.
    I'm a little surprised that you're on the fence about someone being fatally shot for possessing a firearm. At the time he was shot, they had no idea if he was legally carrying a concealed weapon or if he was a felon with no right to the weapon. Due process?

I figured this would be a no brainer for you. Dude was tackled on su ion and shot to death for supposedly having a firearm in possession.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I doubt his sexual assault victim felt he was square with the house. Karma is the ultimate judge and for this guy, judgement was severe. Maybe it'll drag down a ty cop as well.
    He was convicted and did 4 years time for "carnal knowledge of a minor" when he was 21 years old. For all you know, he could have gotten a blow job from a 16 year old when he was 19.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    He was convicted and did 4 years time for "carnal knowledge of a minor" when he was 21 years old. For all you know, he could have gotten a blow job from a 16 year old when he was 19.
    I'm not 100% on this....just what I've read. (It could very well be incorrect) Said he had "sexual intercourse" with a 14 yo when he was 20 yo.

Dude stole a goldfish from an old lady though
    Tried to sell it for $20

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    I'm a little surprised that you're on the fence about someone being fatally shot for possessing a firearm. At the time he was shot, they had no idea if he was legally carrying a concealed weapon or if he was a felon with no right to the weapon. Due process?

I figured this would be a no brainer for you. Dude was tackled on su ion and shot to death for supposedly having a firearm in possession.
    Did he have a gun? Did he resist arrest?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did he have a gun? Did he resist arrest?
    Resist arrest in what way? It's human nature not to go completely limp when you're pinned to the ground, especially if you fear for your life.

So your position is cops should shoot a suspect in possession of a firearm regardless of whether they know he's legally allowed to have one and regardless of whether it is being used in a threatening manner. Surprising.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here's how it's done, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Another shooting today in Minnesota, the passenger actually recorded it via a fb live feed..

ing Pigs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another shooting today in Minnesota, the passenger actually recorded it via a fb live feed..

ing Pigs.
    saw this as well. smh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ing-minnesota/

Here's the video.. Dude worked at a private school in the cafeteria and had no priors. He let the officer know he had a concealed permit (which you don't even have to do in Minnesota).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ing-minnesota/

Here's the video.. Dude worked at a private school in the cafeteria and had no priors. He let the officer know he had a concealed permit (which you don't even have to do in Minnesota).
    Pretty amazing how the woman kept her cool. If she would have freaked out on them, they might have popped her also.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I have never hung out in parking lots or ran the streets. I went to where I was going. Why do so many blacks hang out on streets? Do something, go somewhere, to just hang out.....why? Nothing good comes from just hanging around especially afer dark.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pretty amazing how the woman kept her cool. If she would have freaked out on them, they might have popped her also.
    I was more amazed at how freaked out the cop was. Dude sounded like he was having a panic attack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    nm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Resist arrest in what way? It's human nature not to go completely limp when you're pinned to the ground, especially if you fear for your life.

So your position is cops should shoot a suspect in possession of a firearm regardless of whether they know he's legally allowed to have one and regardless of whether it is being used in a threatening manner. Surprising.
    My position is to obey all orders whether armed legally or illegally.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My position is to obey all orders whether armed legally or illegally.
    ... or die.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    inherent risk when you are carrying a gun legally or illegally and are confronted by police.

Thread Information