Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm hoping to get a Doberman soon, I'm waiting for one to come up at a shelter, I don't want to do the whole puppy thing again, I'm currently raising one right now..

As for the problem, OV's post is the most accurate IMO..

I had kind of a similar problem with my pup when he was around 3-4 months old..he loved coming into the house and all, but he wouldn't always follow us to my girlfriend's room when we tried(he sleeps there)..we would put him in the room when we would have to go somewhere and wouldn't be able to bring him with us..so he caught on that going into that room meant that he would have to be alone and wait for us for a few hours..

We started hanging out in the room with him more often..we got him on a routine where we would go straight to the room after walks and feed him there..we would give him treats and toys there more often, instead of leaving..

So the lack of exercise is possible, or unfortunately, he could be associating your house with boredom..

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Name
    Don't quote me
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    Yeah. There are two little twin dogs on the other side of my neighborhood that run at myself and my dog (lab) when we are out walking (open gate). After about 3 trips past them, my dog started taking a big dump right in front of their yard every time lmao. True story.
    Little dogs have the same instincts as any other dogs, and they're all descended from wolves. Many times small dog owners don't treat their dogs like wolf descendants and as a result little dogs don't understand how to interact with people or other animals. Taking a dump in their yard is absolutely a show of dominance. Unfortunately taking a dump at will during a walk is a sign that the Lab has dominance over the human on the other end of the leash.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I completely agree, and that's part of the reason I can't stand small dogs..it's not their fault, as they obviously didn't raise themselves, but small dog owners seem to make these mistakes a lot(not to generalize or anything)..

What kind of dog(s) do you have, OV?(if any)..

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    Name
    Don't quote me
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Houston Cougars
    I completely agree, and that's part of the reason I can't stand small dogs..it's not their fault, as they obviously didn't raise themselves, but small dog owners seem to make these mistakes a lot(not to generalize or anything)..

What kind of dog(s) do you have, OV?(if any)..
    I had to put down my 17 year old Border Collie a few months ago, and I just got a Shepherd/Ridgeback puppy at the humane society this week. The only reason I jumped into this conversation is that I've been consuming every stinking thing I can find on dog behavior to make sure I don't screw up with a seven week old puppy that will be bigger than my kids in a few months.

I'd talk about her more, but she's crying to go out.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    wear your v-necked pink shirt while doodling with your dog so other peoples focus will be drawn at yourself & your clothes instead of the ugly dog.

Thread Information