Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If u want to cool off head up to Boerne Lake or the Guadelupe River to drink a few and take a dip. You can find good Mexican food downtown at Mi Tierra or in uptown at Papacitos. You want to shoot the sh&t head on over to top golf & hit some balls with a waitress bringing cold beer. Pref in the morning as its too hot by noon.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What's the best? When I'm in SA I'm basically a tourist now, since it's changed so much.
    Two Bros had really good brisket and pretty average everything else. For sausage and ribs I'd go to Luling or Lockhart to some of the places I recommended above.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This isn't about food but It's a FREE show and something you don't want to miss. A Lazer light show with music about
    the history of San Antonio that is projected on the walls of the San Fernando Cathedral that is next to the court house. As far
    as I know they have shows, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights at 9:00, 9:30 and 10:00 PM...From what I understand the guy
    who did this show is working to do one on the Alamo.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    If u want to cool off head up to Boerne Lake or the Guadelupe River to drink a few and take a dip. You can find good Mexican food downtown at Mi Tierra or in uptown at Papacitos. You want to shoot the sh&t head on over to top golf & hit some balls with a waitress bringing cold beer. Pref in the morning as its too hot by noon.
    Yeah tubing the Guadalupe is a lot of fun and a great way to beat the summer heat.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    if you are flying in..........take the next flight to cali.
    The clammer body-slamming our fine city...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Do people still cruise Military Dr. on Sundays?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That was a thing?

That street gets pretty ghetto on the SW side.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Mi Tierra and El Chaparral (NW side by La Cantera) are good if you want to pay more for the ambiance. If you want the same quality but mediocre ambiance for REALLY cheap there are a ton of other places tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Even with the "ambience", Mi Tierra is still a white-washed cracker ass Mexican joint that is more of a tourist trap than a good eatery, tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That was a thing?

That street gets pretty ghetto on the SW side.
    Man, you must never have lived in San Antonio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    If you get really bored you can always Andy’s mom. Heard she gives A+ mouth hugs from my SFS

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Man, you must never have lived in San Antonio.
    Andrew is afraid of everything. Ghetto to him is probably and average neighborhood tbh

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What's the best? When I'm in SA I'm basically a tourist now, since it's changed so much.
    2M smokehouse is supposed to be pretty good.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Andrew is afraid of everything. Ghetto to him is probably and average neighborhood tbh
    He's probably never stepped 1 foot east of the MLK bridge.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you get really bored you can always Andy’s mom. Heard she gives A+ mouth hugs from my SFS
    Probably gots no teef.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Even with the "ambience", Mi Tierra is still a white-washed cracker ass Mexican joint that is more of a tourist trap than a good eatery, tbh.
    I agree though... not sure about white washed, but it's definitely like Christmas all year round inside. Prices are still relatively reasonable for a tourist trap, though. Basically Dallas prices instead of your routine SA prices. But their portion sizes are always excellent.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    There are obviously different levels of ghetto. There is ghetto like Houston street just west of the AT&T center... Edgewood area by Old Highway 90, parts of South San, and parts of the SW side by Military/Marbach, John Jay HS, Pinn Road, etc. Some are worse than others. In DFW you have parts of Dallas that are bad, the suburbs are mostly clean though.

In Dallas you have the upper NW tip of Far North Dallas that is bad because of the nearby tollways and lack of police in the area, cheap apts. etc., Vickery Meadow which is downright bad and full of impoverished foreign s (and Ebola), and Deep Ellum area by Malcolm X street and the DART East Transfer center, full of black hoboes living on the streets and begging for money to get drugs.

Heck, when I was in Ohio. Cincinnati's east of downtown area is horrid... Columbus's Hilltop area west of downtown is like a third world country out there. Manhattan, famously, has Harlem. Detroit's East side, etc.

I'd want to live in none of those places.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yea to be honest if i had a gun to my head i’d choose Henrys Puffy Tacos. Best tortilla soup in town along with the cheese enchilada plate with beef fajitas! Comes with a free nap and under 30 bucks for all that! U dont like soup then get the fajita nachos as ur appetizer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Pearl District has a lot of good places to drink and eat. If you need a place to stay, The Emma is the best hotel in San Antonio IMO.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yea to be honest if i had a gun to my head i’d choose Henrys Puffy Tacos. Best tortilla soup in town along with the cheese enchilada plate with beef fajitas! Comes with a free nap and under 30 bucks for all that! U dont like soup then get the fajita nachos as ur appetizer.
    that's 2 party fouls, better hit the pine now so you don't pick up your 3rd early in the first quarter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    if you are flying in..........take the next flight to cali.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This isn't exactly a hidden gem but a few months ago, we checked out the Hemisfair tower and had lunch at the restaurant that slowly turns. It was actually cooler than I thought it would be and the food was good.
    The food is pretty good since it became Chart House.. just expensive

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    yeah.. far right lane FTW. I got hoodrats picking up their skirts and shoving their ass in my window

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The food is pretty good since it became Chart House.. just expensive
    Sure. But you're also getting the free pass to the observation area as well as the pretty cool rotating view while you eat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about if you go over to SpursforSix and watch a doc?
    Then after spending the night together you could both go to IHOP.

Thread Information