Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has been bad with a 5 minute sample size and White/Murray hasn’t worked in a 7 minute sample size.

Okie dokie!
    and Forbes Mills and Belinelli line ups have worked with a 8 game losing streak sample size

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop stuck with the turd towers to lose to the Grizzlies as a #1. He never changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where hasn't it worked, in the 7 minutes he gave them together? ing arrogant senile old .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should’ve retired with Tim several years ago. Oh well. Now he he gets to drive the organization into ruins and damage his own legacy. I don’t feel sorry for those too arrogant to see their demise

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst thing is Pop doesn't have to answer to anyone.
    Is Pop the majority shareholder? Everyone has a boss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now a days you don't have to be a knockdown shooter to space.. you just have to be a threat and be willing... Boston doesn't have great shooting wings, but they are willing and they let em fly. Just no hesitancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is against league rules for a coach to say, "I'm gonna lose a lot of games this year, play some odd combinations, and no one will suspect I am tanking for a lottery pick." Let's hope that is the plan--and no one has picked up on it.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people don't understand spacing vs. positioning. Sean used the telestrator last night to show a play where all 5 of the Spurs were on one side of the court. Horrible. When the ball handler moves with the ball, the guys without the ball have to react to maintain spacing and passing lanes. The Spurs aren't doing that worth a damn this year. FastModel Sports did a damn good article that a lot of people should probably read: http://team.fastmodelsports.com/2018...s-positioning/

On defense, I said all last year that DDR and Forbes couldn't be on the floor at the same time. I know that Pop thinks Forbes has to be there for 3P shooting, but that doesn't change the fact that DDR and Forbes can't be on the floor at the same time. Throw Mills in on top of DDR and Forbes and there is ZERO possibility of defending NBA players. And Beli's defense is so bad he isn't even an NBA-caliber player anymore - not to mention that his shooting is a disaster now.

I know a few people here keep warning that rebuilding is no fun. Yeah, duh. But if the roster, as currently constructed, doesn't give any hope of winning at a meaningful level, what else is there? I know I keep saying it, but this business of being stuck in between is the worst of all possible worlds. Commit to something. But since committing to "win now" doesn't seem to be possible, the list of options is pretty short. Develop whatever future players you have right now, and start working a plan for adding to that.

I would take Weatherspoon right now, as is, over Forbes. Brynn is arguably the worst defender in the league. I think 'Spoon would be better on that end, right out of the box - it would be hard to be worse. And if he could make 3's the way he has in the past, he would be an instant upgrade. But even if he wasn't an upgrade, it would be worth the investment on the future.

Keldon Johnson in place of Bellinelli? Ditto to all I said above about Weatherspoon. He's been on the bench in SA twice and has gotten zero minutes.

It's not that I think those guys are going to be top-tier NBA players now. Maybe not ever. The point is that they probably wouldn't be worse, and at least there would be some player development for the future. , losing by 20 really isn't any worse than losing by 10, except to spoiled fans.

And, yeah, play White and Murray together and start letting them learn how to play together.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. Okay.

Interesting article, including a scout scoffing at the idea of the Spurs playing Trey Lyles.

Let's hope Pop realizes the defensive troubles start with Forbes before it's too late...
    Bryn gets beat off the dribble. Gay gets beat on rebounds and backdoors. Get off the agenda. Both are better than lma.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most people don't understand spacing vs. positioning. Sean used the telestrator last night to show a play where all 5 of the Spurs were on one side of the court. Horrible. When the ball handler moves with the ball, the guys without the ball have to react to maintain spacing and passing lanes. The Spurs aren't doing that worth a damn this year. FastModel Sports did a damn good article that a lot of people should probably read: http://team.fastmodelsports.com/2018...s-positioning/

On defense, I said all last year that DDR and Forbes couldn't be on the floor at the same time. I know that Pop thinks Forbes has to be there for 3P shooting, but that doesn't change the fact that DDR and Forbes can't be on the floor at the same time. Throw Mills in on top of DDR and Forbes and there is ZERO possibility of defending NBA players. And Beli's defense is so bad he isn't even an NBA-caliber player anymore - not to mention that his shooting is a disaster now.

I know a few people here keep warning that rebuilding is no fun. Yeah, duh. But if the roster, as currently constructed, doesn't give any hope of winning at a meaningful level, what else is there? I know I keep saying it, but this business of being stuck in between is the worst of all possible worlds. Commit to something. But since committing to "win now" doesn't seem to be possible, the list of options is pretty short. Develop whatever future players you have right now, and start working a plan for adding to that.

I would take Weatherspoon right now, as is, over Forbes. Brynn is arguably the worst defender in the league. I think 'Spoon would be better on that end, right out of the box - it would be hard to be worse. And if he could make 3's the way he has in the past, he would be an instant upgrade. But even if he wasn't an upgrade, it would be worth the investment on the future.

Keldon Johnson in place of Bellinelli? Ditto to all I said above about Weatherspoon. He's been on the bench in SA twice and has gotten zero minutes.

It's not that I think those guys are going to be top-tier NBA players now. Maybe not ever. The point is that they probably wouldn't be worse, and at least there would be some player development for the future. , losing by 20 really isn't any worse than losing by 10, except to spoiled fans.

And, yeah, play White and Murray together and start letting them learn how to play together.
    Lol. Arguably. Arguably lma and gay are worse than Bryn. Watch a game. Jay Williams called out one specific player last night for terrible defense. Lma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is getting clowned on by most now unfortunately. He’s obviously respected but SA’s trade, free agency and lineup decisions can no longer just be explained away.

I still say GTFO to people that have just been waiting for this and predicting the demise for 7 years, but there is truth in the criticism now.
    Thats the worst part about this. Pop is obviously a huge portion of the blame right now. But people who hate Pop are going to act like this has been the case for a while now when it hasn't.

Time is undefeated and it appears to have gotten to Pop as well. It sucks, but I can't act like I'm not terribly frustrated with seeing Forbes out there so much. Its crazy because last year I thought he was so much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced that we are tanking now and that it is the best choice for the franchise.
    We have some nice pieces in White and DJM, but we don't have a true star player which is absolutely necessary to be good in this league.
    If the season ended today we'd get a top 10 pick. I suspect we may be bad enough to end up with a top 7 pick and maybe get lucky in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is at the same Games that we are watching right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm convinced that we are tanking now and that it is the best choice for the franchise.
    We have some nice pieces in White and DJM, but we don't have a true star player which is absolutely necessary to be good in this league.
    If the season ended today we'd get a top 10 pick. I suspect we may be bad enough to end up with a top 7 pick and maybe get lucky in the lottery.
    If we were tanking I would think the Spurs would be playing their youth and trading LMA and DDR for picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats the worst part about this. Pop is obviously a huge portion of the blame right now. But people who hate Pop are going to act like this has been the case for a while now when it hasn't.

Time is undefeated and it appears to have gotten to Pop as well. It sucks, but I can't act like I'm not terribly frustrated with seeing Forbes out there so much. Its crazy because last year I thought he was so much better.
    I agree mostly. I am frustrated because I expected Pop to be more agile and aware of his team. It’s one thing to be super slow to adjust when you have Tim/TP/Manu. But SA doesn’t and no one should be that safe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty hilarious tbh. Also confirms my opinion that the FO will end up choosing Forbes over White/Lonnie.

The latter should be really, really good players in this league. Going to be happy for them when they leave that organization.

Thread Information