Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good call on when the game slipped away-collins and keldon played a large part in that fiasco. why the was collins forcing it? and he kept calling for the ball at that. i was watching keldon's body language on the bench and it was awful. it looked like had given up by the 3rd quarter and was sulking. i was very impressed with blake's effort on defense. i have no problem with him taking over branham's minutes. it's just too bad bassey isn't around to take over some of zach's minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't use this same excuse on Collins because he just sucks but hopefully Keldon played like because he heard his ass was going to get traded.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't use this same excuse on Collins because he just sucks but hopefully Keldon played like because he heard his ass was going to get traded.
    Hopefully he heard right tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not sure sochan ever hits the rim. its either a swish or off the backboard/airball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the defense suck so much? Is it that they double team the guy with the ball every time?
    They get caught watching, they overhelp too much, they have a curiously powerful strain of AIDS inhibiting them, and they continuously fall for every pump fake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does the defense suck so much? Is it that they double team the guy with the ball every time?
    Branham and Champagnie have no motor whatsoever on the defensive end. I can't explain Collins, he looks like he's at least trying out there. Keldon's just taking the 2k create a player and dropping defensive (and offensive) awareness down to 50. Passable for the bench but if the Spurs can get Dejounte for him and say the Chicago pick I'd be happy as .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're in like year 5 of Pop not knowing how to defend 3's no matter who the players are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun a spur... should have been, never going to live that down, who is running this show?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s primarily a severe lack of fundamentals, which is a coaching failure. Ironic, for a franchise whose most famous player was called The Big Fundamental.

There’s a talent shortage, so even with good coaching the defense would be poor, but for it to be so outright awful, that’s on the coaching.

What fundamentals? Starting off in the right location for half-court defense. Communication in transition. Hustling back in transition. Making correct rotations. Switching/hedging on screens. And, well, you name it. The team is weak, or just plain bad, at too many of the things a defense needs to do.

Youth, and low talent, are no reason for all of their basics to be so bad. Heck, even a chicken can be trained to stand in a certain location, if the trainer knows what he’s doing.

Do the Spurs coaches know what they’re doing? The results say “no.”

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This bench is so much worse with Collins instead of Barlow. What the is going on here? It should be plainly obvious that Zack Collins should not be playing

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They get caught watching, they overhelp too much, they have a curiously powerful strain of AIDS inhibiting them, and they continuously fall for every pump fake.

Yeah they help way too much. They should just man up one on one if they get beat so be it Im sure Wembanyama will be there to get a shot to clean that up at the rim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham and Champagnie have no motor whatsoever on the defensive end. I can't explain Collins, he looks like he's at least trying out there. Keldon's just taking the 2k create a player and dropping defensive (and offensive) awareness down to 50. Passable for the bench but if the Spurs can get Dejounte for him and say the Chicago pick I'd be happy as .

I don’t know about dejounte they are asking too much for him. I say they man up and play one on one, this off season they need to make some major defensive changes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO said they wanted to know what they had this season. They should have a pretty good idea now tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' horrible defense is on par with what I'm used to seeing at AAU tournaments. Ive been through some tough franchise stretches before but this one might be the worst. Not only are the players showing a lack of Basketball IQ, too many of them are mailing in their efforts. I'm all for ANYONE not named Wemby to be cut or traded. Whatever Greg is teaching them, isn't sinking in. We have way too many young projects on this squad and I don't want to see them grow together. Some of the most productive are the most selfish. Spurs need to build around Wemby. Find out whose on board and move the rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know about dejounte they are asking too much for him. I say they man up and play one on one, this off season they need to make some major defensive changes.
    Sounds like they'd have already traded him to the Lakers for their 2029 first if they could have found a third team willing to take DeAngelo Russell.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are talking about a roster overhaul in the offseason, but the free agency class is terrible. There are maybe 3 players I'd want. They better off starting to make roster moves right now before the deadline.
    I spoke out that it is needing to be a focus and that the majority of the bench should go into exit interviews at the end of the season with expectations they might not be in silver and black in 24/25. I agree with the free agency class, but there is still ways for the spurs to improve with trades in the offseason and a bit with the draft. Not enough to be a huge shift but resolve some of the primary issues plagueing this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti had 3 count them 3 future hofs on one roster and won 0 chips but but but he’s smarter/better at team building/fostering championship results! Get the out of here…. I’ll ride with 5 chips and counting! When we have the horses we WILL win book it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti had 3 count them 3 future hofs on one roster and won 0 chips but but but he’s smarter/better at team building/fostering championship results! Get the out of here…. I’ll ride with 5 chips and counting! When we have the horses we WILL win book it!
    Sure thing Miss Cleo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the primary issue that this team has is the head coach who's out of tune. That's the first change that needs to happen

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the primary issue that this team has is the head coach who's out of tune. That's the first change that needs to happen
    And/or he's tanking. But I think he's convinced himself to not be too hard on the guys for some reason, even if they are tanking. So while I think we need to get high draft picks, and might as well tank, we need more leadership from the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if a coach who actually cared about his job security would get his guys a little more fired up to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. KJ and Zach were so bad I stopped watching at some point. Need to get some players that compete on this team.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach needs a reduced role for awhile until he plays better. Unfortunately, due to contracts and optics, even on a historically bad team, Zollins will continue to get the backup minutes. I'd rather see what Barlow can do as he has shown good progress this year. He's still raw, but seems to already play better defense, and occasionally will throw out a surprising new move or wrinkle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if a coach who actually cared about his job security would get his guys a little more fired up to play.

dudes lost his fire

Thread Information