Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    greg9683
    Just a little stat to throw in.

Our Kmart averaged 0.91 blks/game in the wonderful east last season.

Rasho averaged 1.51 blks/game last season.

Spurminator
    The only team I see the "downgrade" from DRob to Rasho affecting us is against LA. And that's not even a sure thing, since Rasho will hit that midrange shot with more consistency than DRob did the last couple of years.

Against all other teams, this is an upgrade, and probably a significant one. Unless Yao Ming turns into a dominating force, there really is no other team in the league where Rasho's man-on-man defense will be a big factor in the game. Sacramento won't be running plays for Brad Miller. Raef probably won't see the ball much with the other 4 options on the floor. Same story for Kandi. Tsakalidas?

Against teams who didn't often go to their center, Robinson's talents on defense were not as necessary. His help defense was still superb, but Rasho has proven he can block shots as well. On offense, DRob was a liability that Rasho will not be. We now have 4 legit offensive weapons on the floor to start every game, as opposed to the 3 we had last year.

Ghost Writer
    When you have speed and you're facing older opponents, you should run and get easy baskets in transition, tiring out the compe ion.

Think, people.

ChumpDumper
    Rasho's mobility had to be a big factor in Pop's decision. I think taking that into consideration, Rasho might be the best choice all-around from the available centers this summer. That might not be saying much, but that is the state of the league.

D Fish
    Although Rasho is below average defensively against Shaq (which is irrelvant anyways), he has a nice hook shot which he used to score on Shaq a fair amount when he was with the Wolves. Also a good shooter from 15 which will bring Shaq out bit more. Besides, he only faces Shaq 4 times out of the regular season. Any other time, if he lives up to his potential he's good for the Spurs long term next to Timmy. Only concern would be his defense, but Pop will preach it to him until he drops.

KoriEllis
    Ghost, I'm still on the fence whether Kandi or Rasho have more upside. I'm not crazy about either one. But for whatever reason (or many reasons) the Spurs feel Rasho will fit in and succeed here and they never gave Kandi any serious consideration.

I'm not saying that the Spurs' brass was definitely right, but at this point, we have Rasho. So I guess I'll just have to save judgement until we see him playing here.

greg9683
    It's funny that Kandi got no offers out there. Denver didn't even give him an offer. Anyone wonder why?

Thread Information