Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, gone are the good old days of 360 launching and having better graphics than PC..I remember playing Oblivion and 2k6 and being blown away at that time.
    I don't know if it was much better... the main sell on that was HDR lightning, which you could get on the PC version with a decent graphics card. What the 360 and PS3 benefited the most from was that there was a switch to HDTV at the time. Even 720P looked gorgeous compared to the older gen. There's nothing like that going on now, as 4K won't be around en masse for at least a few more years.

There's a lot of areas where they could've innovated: custom dual GPU package, dedicated physics coprocessor... instead they skimped with the background download processor... adds nothing to actual gaming and it's tailored to impulse buying and "casual".
    This is likely what happens when marketing and sales people start making these kind of decisions, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it was much better... the main sell on that was HDR lightning, which you could get on the PC version with a decent graphics card. What the 360 and PS3 benefited the most from was that there was a switch to HDTV at the time. Even 720P looked gorgeous compared to the older gen. There's nothing like that going on now, as 4K won't be around en masse for at least a few more years.

There's a lot of areas where they could've innovated: custom dual GPU package, dedicated physics coprocessor... instead they skimped with the background download processor... adds nothing to actual gaming and it's tailored to impulse buying and "casual".
    This is likely what happens when marketing and sales people start making these kind of decisions, tbh...
    In my opinion the consoles need to make their units customizable with optional hardware..keep everyone happy. Those who wish to drop more on hardware can if they choose.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, gone are the good old days of 360 launching and having better graphics than PC..I remember playing Oblivion and 2k6 and being blown away at that time.
    God that, should I call it, macro stutter on Oblivion 360 though.

If that was any other game I would have returned it for a refund ASAP and punched the store manager if I couldn't get my $60 back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God that, should I call it, macro stutter on Oblivion 360 though.

If that was any other game I would have returned it for a refund ASAP and punched the store manager if I couldn't get my $60 back.
    I wasn't as stuck up with graphics then, so I didn't really notice it at first. As I started slaughtering NPC's, and collecting for my house it got worse, but then clearing the 360 cache would help.

The PS3 version came out and didn't really stutter much, but for reason they decided to run it at 720p.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't as stuck up with graphics then, so I didn't really notice it at first. As I started slaughtering NPC's, and collecting for my house it got worse, but then clearing the 360 cache would help.

The PS3 version came out and didn't really stutter much, but for reason they decided to run it at 720p.
    LOL though, as Oblivion and 2k6 were the exact games I bought the day I got my 360.

But how could anyone not notice "Loading..." for 1.5 seconds every 20 seconds or so when you were out in the open world. I thought my 360 was broken or some .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL though, as Oblivion and 2k6 were the exact games I bought the day I got my 360.

But how could anyone not notice "Loading..." for 1.5 seconds every 20 seconds or so when you were out in the open world. I thought my 360 was broken or some .
    Yeah, I remember that . Would drive me nuts if that happened on a game today. But det draw distance.. seeing the main city from a mountain top miles away reminded me of Ocarina of Time with much better graphics..

And yeah, those two games were the top choices in my opinion, they were great to show off the new capabilities. I had never even heard of Elder Scrolls at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I remember that . Would drive me nuts if that happened on a game today. But det draw distance.. seeing the main city from a mountain top miles away reminded me of Ocarina of Time with much better graphics..

And yeah, those two games were the top choices in my opinion, they were great to show off the new capabilities. I had never even heard of Elder Scrolls at that time.
    LOL, yeah, first I did in that game was walk in the direction of Skyrim up in the mountains to get those crazy views of Imperial City. Still love playing this on PC now that I don't have to deal with all those pauses. Just wish the leveling system in Oblivion was as good as Skyrim. Still fun to go kill Umbra early on and then no one can with you the rest of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, yeah, first I did in that game was walk in the direction of Skyrim up in the mountains to get those crazy views of Imperial City. Still love playing this on PC now that I don't have to deal with all those pauses. Just wish the leveling system in Oblivion was as good as Skyrim. Still fun to go kill Umbra early on and then no one can with you the rest of the game.
    I have yet to finish the main storyline on Skyrim to this day. I may go back and download a different combination of mods and give it another go. I love running as an archer with the faster arrows, realistic rag dolls, and increased kill cam mods.. top that off with enhanced blood textures, and more blood and I'm set.

Maybe I'll try a dual wielding swordsman and go for the decaps this time around..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my opinion the consoles need to make their units customizable with optional hardware..keep everyone happy. Those who wish to drop more on hardware can if they choose.
    They actually need to cut down on the fluff and epic failure that's the Kinect-type of devices, tbh... make it an optional for the children, don't try to shove it down our throats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They actually need to cut down on the fluff and epic failure that's the Kinect-type of devices, tbh... make it an optional for the children, don't try to shove it down our throats.
    Yeah I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought XBone did dump that crap. LOL building a gaming system with the intention of its primary use being TV and Netflix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have yet to finish the main storyline on Skyrim to this day. I may go back and download a different combination of mods and give it another go. I love running as an archer with the faster arrows, realistic rag dolls, and increased kill cam mods.. top that off with enhanced blood textures, and more blood and I'm set.

Maybe I'll try a dual wielding swordsman and go for the decaps this time around..
    Skyrim's main storyline is phenomenal. Don't know how anyone could pull themselves away from it, especially with how beautiful the game is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought XBone did dump that crap. LOL building a gaming system with the intention of its primary use being TV and Netflix.
    IIRC, the initial release Xbox One REQUIRED the Kinect (which it included), you couldn't access some functions without it. Then they released a software update that untied it from the system, and now they sell a system $100 cheaper without the Kinect.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Skyrim's main storyline is phenomenal. Don't know how anyone could pull themselves away from it, especially with how beautiful the game is.

especially once you get into the dragonborn dlc. it's a trip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmm I need to play Skyrim again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I went ahead and re-installed.. The main mods I'm going with this time around: Weather and Lighting - Realistic Lighting Overhaul, Minty Lightning Mod, More Rain, Splash of Rain Texture Mods - Apache Sky Hair, Bellyache HD Dragon Replacer, Enhanced Blood, Lush Trees and Grass, Skyrim HD, Static Mesh Improvement Mod, TreesHD, Ultimate HD Fire Effects, WATER ENB - Realvision ENB Misc Mods - Sky UI, SKSE, Dance of Death, Realistic Rag Dolls, The Sounds of Skyrim

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't remember much of Skyrim's main storyline, other than apparently I am descended of dragons therefore it's just my job to kill them, and there was some sort of spiritual world and a talking dragon involved. I liked the Civil war but what I really wanted to do was destroy that elf society who had headquarters up above Solitude, if there was a way to do that I never found it.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PC Master Race FTW

Det grass:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol grass? I haven't played video games in a couple years but grass wasn't really high on my list of reasons to play a game when I did play. nor was a fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol screenshots of a three year old game as justification

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see why pc users keep fallating over graphics and performance. imo the reason to me why pc is better is because you can open multiple windows, play music in the background, and use a keyboard to hot key any and everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see why pc users keep fallating over graphics and performance. imo the reason to me why pc is better is because you can open multiple windows, play music in the background, and use a keyboard to hot key any and everything.
    but the grass. what about the grass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but the grass. what about the grass
    I didn't inhale, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't inhale, tbh

Thread Information