Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Besides the fact that PJ wanted to pretend he was a 2 guard going up against Re , there were alot of problems in that game against Duke. The biggest problem imo is that we still don't have a true point guard on this team. Gibson is not a true PG, he had 2 freakin' assists for the entire game. S. Williams for Duke had 5 assists and he's their ing CENTER! Barnes has got to make a decision on this, either give Abrams more pt at the PG position, or get on Gibson and Paulino's ass about looking for open teammates. I was also completely confused about what the we were doing on offense. Feed the damn ball to Aldridge in the post. PJ, post up Re 's small ass and take him down low. Somebody, anybody, draw a defender and PASS the ball to the open man. Texas just isn't playing any kind of team basketball at this point in the season. I think they'll get better, but there are some serious issues that have to be addressed for this team to having any chance of advancing in the big dance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Abrams made just as many mistakes. He's a bust.

Gibson just needs to get his damn head on straight. He did not suck this bad last year. He must be trying to do too much out there. He has the speed and handles to penetrate--he did it last year--and that's all we need him to do.

If Gibson really needs to improve something it's ing entry passing it down low. Unless Barnes is the dumbest coach ever, it's his fault for not getting LaMarcus and Buckman the ball down low. It was there all game. We just didn't get them the ball.

One for the Thumb
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^ Agree, some of what I've seen from Gibson is a tendency to want to shoot jumpers all day instead of looking for penetration in the lane. I mean, you know what happens when guards, especially PG's get penetration in the lane. They either get an open shot, fouled, or an opportunity to dish to a wide open big man. Right now Gibson isn't doing that as much as he should. He kind of did the same thing last year at the beginning of the season, then in conference play started to get in the lane. That type of play will pay big time dividends for this team. Also, don't get too down on Abrams, he's most likely our starting PG next year!

Thread Information