Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you are happy to ditch unproven Sato for a lump of like Brewer?
    Sato was never going to play. Ever. Maybe if two of our swingmen suddenly died, but that's about it. So that's not a real concern.
    And Mohammed?
    Remains to be seen. If he's healthy and consistent as he was earlier this season before the injury, that's all that's needed.

Blog Boy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not waive Marks instead of Sato?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sato was never going to play. Ever.
    Right, and Mohammed was untouchable.

Maybe if two of our swingmen suddenly died, but that's about it.
    How the do you know?

So that's not a real concern.Remains to be seen. If he's healthy and consistent as he was earlier this season before the injury, that's all that's needed.
    Mother ...Mohammed plays for the ing Knicks...someone has got to get the rebounds on that team... you mother ers are stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, and Mohammed was untouchable.
    What part of "pretty much" three months and a coach ago did you not get?
    How the do you know?
    Because Sato would never beat out Barry, Manu, Bowen or Brown.

Ever.

Make an argument he would.
    Mohammed plays for the ing Knicks...someone has got to get the rebounds on that team.
    So your prediction for Malik was to get 10 boards a game in NY. So he'll suck too. Mother , indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am SO ING ANGRY that the Spurs waived Sato. He did EVERYTHING that they asked of him. HEARTLESS BAS S!

needs a margarita
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am SO ING ANGRY that the Spurs waived Sato. He did EVERYTHING that they asked of him. HEARTLESS BAS S!

Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just holding up the mirror for a few posters to look at themselves in, Shel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of "pretty much" three months and a coach ago did you not get?
    LOL. The part where you were right about him being untradeable.

Because Sato would never beat out Barry, Manu, Bowen or Brown.
    Barry and Bowen are long in the tooth...and who knows for certain that Brown will even resign here?

Ever.
    Is that the "Mohammed is untradeable" kind of "ever", or the "you are stupid for" kind of "ever"?

Make an argument he would.So your prediction for Malik was to get 10 boards a game in NY. So he'll suck too. Mother , indeed.
    Please shut the up...this is a classic example of you getting off on some side issue...

Just like you trying to make my Barry deal about set minutes...

Who the knows what Isaiah is going to do?

I can tell you that if Malik gets 35 MPG he will put up 15 and 10...but who knows if he will get those kinds of minutes?

On top of that there is only @28 games left in the season...what does it matter who averages what? It won't be an accurate sample.

Malik has proven he can be the primary back up big on an NBA champion...he has proven the Spurs can beat Shaq in a playoff series with him getting big minutes guarding Shaq...

What in the has Mohammed proven?

That he can pull down 8 boards a game on a ty team?

Who cares?

Does it help his team? Does it keep them from sucking? No.

And that's all he's got going for him.

Kinda like Charlie Ward put up good numbers for the Knicks...what happened when he went to a real team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barry and Bowen are long in the tooth...and who knows for certain that Brown will even resign here?
    In other words -- it's a lock. Just another sure thing like Heal. We get it. You argue best in reverse.
    this is a classic example of you getting off on some side issue
    It's a classic example of your ing yourself with your own words.
    I can tell you that if Malik gets 35 MPG he will put up 15 and 10...but who knows if he will get those kinds of minutes?
    But it won't mean anything because he is on a ty team -- according to your own words.
    What in the has Mohammed proven?
    If you can argue Sato > Barry and Bowen in some distant future and can't see anything approaching a possible upside to this trade, you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Again.

WTF did Malik do before he was a Spur?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not waive Marks instead of Sato?
    Because there is more risk in losing a big and not having a back-up compared to losing a 2 guard and not having a back-up.

And yes, a team is restricted to 15 players under contract(unless players are out for the season). So someone had to be dropped. Here are your options.

Marks - NO PT so he was a possible drop, but with Horry hurt, Nazr new to the system, and Duncan & Nes coming off injuries, he is an obvious keep

Johnson - NO PT so he was a possible drop, but would thin our size at the SF

Sato - NO PT so he was a possible drop plus he has 4 obvious SG's in front of him on the depth chart

Wilks - Has shown solid play in his few minutes and is better than Brewer

Another thing is that Marks, Johnson, Wilks, and Brewer all have experience prior to this year in the NBA. Sato didn't. Sorry he had to go. I was hopefull he could work out. He didn't and that is too bad. But that doesn't mean he won't be back later. Maybe he could get some quality time in the NBDL and work his way up. Worked for Devin Brown and Matt Carroll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words -- it's a lock. Just another sure thing like Heal. We get it.
    Yawn...why do you always speak for the collective? No one is a dense as you are so I think you do the rest of the forum a disservice when you speak in the collective like that.

You argue best in reverse.It's a classic example of your ing yourself with your own words.
    No it's a classic example of you getting off on some stupid tangent. Just like the set minutes thing with Barry.

But it won't mean anything because he is on a ty team -- according to your own words.
    Accoring to my own words, in a totally different discussion that has no relevance to whether or not Mohammed is better for our team than Malik, Malik is capable of 15 and 10...

If you can argue Sato > Barry and Bowen in some distant future and can't see anything approaching a possible upside to this trade, you're a liar and a hypocrite.

Again.
    No, you're just a dumbass. Seriously.

Do you think Jamison is going to be better than Sato? Do you think he is more likely to get minutes?

We are basically ditching a proven championship caliber back up bigman, and unproven rookie guard, for an unproven big and a proven ty player...not to mention we gave up two #1 picks.

The only upside to this trade is financial, and there's no doubt of the financial upside.....but every thing concerning championships is a gamble and a bad one.

WTF did Malik do before he was a Spur?
    Geez what a you are, either that or you are too stupid to see the difference in portion of career not with the Spurs, between Rose and Mohammed....

Whatever, live stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least Whottt sticks to his guns on his Anti management Fire pop cause hes horrible stance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And at least TPark continues to make up...Ooh I talked back to you after you said something stupid to me...

Are you going to whine and threaten to leave now?

I'd expect no less from a guy who wanted to tank the season over a sprained ankle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's a classic example of you getting off on some stupid tangent. Just like the set minutes thing with Barry.
    You whine louder when you're wrong.
    Accoring to my own words, in a totally different discussion that has no relevance to whether or not Mohammed is better for our team than Malik, Malik is capable of 15 and 10.
    Of course it's relevant, unless you're saying you can't be held accountable for what you post because you constantly contradict yourself.
    Do you think Jamison is going to be better than Sato? Do you think he is more likely to get minutes?
    0 = 0. So there's no difference.
    The only upside to this trade is financial
    So you are saying right here and now Nazr will not work out.
    but every thing concerning championships is a gamble and a bad one.
    And yet your prediction changes not one iota. Your nonargument in a nuts .
    Geez what a you are, either that or you are too stupid to see the difference in portion of career not with the Spurs, between Rose and Mohammed.
    What is the difference? Nazr has had the misfortune of being on more ty teams than Malik. Had Malik been on several ty teams you'd think he was horrible too. Just like you did with Barry -- oops, wait -- you didn't. Another contradiction. Amazing.

I have my concerns about Nazr, but no more than I had about Malik. You obviously don't either, otherwise your predictions would have changed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shame someone had to be cut to make way for Brewer. Any chance Sato would sit around ala Marks last season after he was waived??

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got rid of Malik's contract. WTF is there to argue about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got rid of Malik's contract. WTF is there to argue about?
    If you think it won't affect the Spurs' season, PLENTY!

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think it won't affect the Spurs' season, PLENTY!

MAlik was not a major player for the Spurs dip . How many DNPs does it take for you to see the light?

Malik has been ineffective since David left. Not only did he have to make up for David's absence, he got Popbused because Rasho has no balls and that made the expectation even worse.

Malik was way in the overpaid. The Spurs dumped that contract. The Spurs now have help down low.

Spurs dumped big dollars and replaced it with the exact same thing.

Obviously you don't know about business.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You whine louder when you're wrong.
    No, I whine louder when you get even stupider.

Of course it's relevant, unless you're saying you can't be held accountable for what you post because you constantly contradict yourself.
    Holy ...scroll up and read. It doesn't matter what they average, just like it didn't matter with Barry how many minutes Barry averaged.

0 = 0. So there's no difference.
    No, there is difference. We know Jamison sucks. We don't know Sato sucks.

So you are saying right here and now Nazr will not work out.And yet your prediction changes not one iota.
    Malik is proven Nazr is unproven, I think Malik is a better player, let me be clear on this, but then again, I don't always judge players by stats...Hedo...

I think the Spurs are a very strong team and still strong enough to win a le...but I think this makes it harder to do so.

Your nonargument in a nuts .What is the difference? Nazr has had the misfortune of being on more ty teams than Malik. Had Malik been on several ty teams you'd think he was horrible too.
    I might, I might not. I know for a fact the Spurs can win a le with Malik as the main back up big...can you say the same about Mohammed?

Just like you did with Barry -- oops, wait -- you didn't. Another contradiction. Amazing.
    Stupid. I said the team was better with Barry getting chances to impact the game in both halves...I ed when he was not given chances to impact the game in the second half...you made it about average minutes. Two different things, you are just too stupid to realize it.

I have my concerns about Nazr, but no more than I had about Malik. You obviously don't either, otherwise your predictions would have changed.
    Malik has been a huge part of the chemistry on this team for nearly a decade...he's also proven to be able to play big in big games.

Nazr comes from a losing environment and the only reason people like him is because he put up mediocre rebounding numbers as as the starting C on a ty team.

Malik knows the Spurs sytem, he's proven he can be the back up on a championship team...

Nazr has proven nothing of the kind. All he's proven he can pull down 8 boards a game as the starting center on a crappy Eastern team.

Stats on ty teams are meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ sequ.

RIF.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 02-24-2005 at 09:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter what they average
    So why even argue numbers then? If they don't matter, stfu about them.
    No, there is difference. We know Jamison sucks. We don't know Sato sucks.
    We know he's not going to displace the four guys ahead of him and that Beno and Parker are going to play minutes together too. 0 = 0. Known.
    I think Malik is a better player
    but your prediction for the Spurs season doesn't change with Nazr in Malik's place.
    Two different things, you are just too stupid to realize it.
    Yet you bit and were severely owned. And Barry plays those minutes at those important times because he earned the right to. Just like I said he would.
    Stats on ty teams are meaningless.
    So you promise never to post one of Malik's lines from the Knicks then.

Thanks in advance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why even argue numbers then?
    Chump, you colossal dip ...if it was about numbers for me, I would probably like this trade. YOUUUUUU brought up numbers. My 15 and 10 comment was a totally different discussion in a diffferent thread that had nothing to do with which player is a proven championship backup, and I wasn't even talking to you.

If they don't matter, stfu about them.
    Asshole! You brought numbers into this argument!

Yet you bit and were severely owned.
    Oh please...only in you and TimVP's world...you went out on a "huge" limb and predicted Barry would average over 10 mins...big ing whoop. Your prediction was entirely based on what Pop would do and had little or nothing to do with the basketball knowledge and team performance.

BFD, you were also right about him waiving Heal and keeping Carter..what's your point? That you can predict moves by Pop better than I? BFD.

And Barry plays those minutes at those important times because he earned the right to. Just like I said he would.
    Um we win more with him getting more minutes regardless of his shot...just like I said we would.

You defended losing.

Barry's numbers haven't improved really at all...and he was hitting clutch shots even when Pop was sitting him stupidly.

All you did was guess what Pop would do...like I said then...I'm glad Pop is not using Barry as stupidly as he used Kerr. He's gotten smarter on offense, congrats to him and you.

That doesn't change the fact that all those games where Barry sat in the second half were losses that you defended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you went out on a "huge" limb and predicted Barry would average over 10 mins.
    LMFAO! You said he wouldn't. Dumbass!
    Barry's numbers haven't improved really at all.
    It wasn't about numbers.
    All you did was guess what Pop would do. Your prediction was entirely based on what Pop and little or nothing to do with the basketball knowledge and team performance.
    And believe in Barry more than you ever did, pussy. He earned his minutes without your pussy welfare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had to waive someone. They'll resign as soon as they waive Brewer.

Don't freak out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAO! You said he wouldn't.
    Right, I thought Pop was going to rot him out on the bench stupidly...like he did with Kerr. I wonder why I thought that?

What you still fail to realize is that it was never about minutes for me. I might about his usage if he gets over 15 minutes, and I might not if he gets under 10. It just depends on when he is used.

And believe in Barry more than you ever did, pussy.
    Yeah, that why you enjoyed losses with him on the bench more than you did wins with him off it...Nothing says "I belive in you" like saying a guy sucks, is playing scared etc...all of which you said.

What I didn't believe in was Pop's offensive IQ...and if it makes you feel any better, I'm still not sold on it.

He earned his minutes without your pussy welfare.
    He's not doing anything differently now....and if he is I'd like you to show me what it is...
    Last edited by whottt; 02-24-2005 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information