tlong,

I dislike Barry Bonds a lot more for being an ass than for roidin' up. As I said earlier, McGwire and Sosa were good ambassadors for baseball and good teammates, while Barry is neither. I can't argue Barry's accomplishments, except for my su ion of him being a steroid user. Andro wasn't an illegal substance in MLB (only the NCAA, NFL, and the IOC banned its use in 1998link) when McGwire was using it. It just became illegal this season. There's a difference between going to GNC six years ago and purchasing a weightlifting supplement and dialing up the BALCO cronies. I'm not supporting usage of either, but steroids have been off-limits a long time, and andro a matter of months.

As far as some of you folks not caring about Bonds' public persona, that is your business and your right as a fan. I choose not to like the self-centered prick, reasons being for being a crummy teammate, his lack of appreciation for the game, and his possible steroid use.

Edit - I apologize...I had no idea until now that the FDA banned the sale of andro this April 12th. MLB banned the substance opening day this season.