Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    Also, Hotrod is not a great movie.
    Yet another reason i don't like Dr. Gonzo.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    January Jones is on a TV show called Mad Men. I believe it has won two Emmys for Best Drama. It comes on a channel called AMC. Ever heard of it?

I'm on a boat is my probably favorite digital short on SNL. I also liked the "Dear Sister" one too. That one was hilarious.

Personally, I wouldn't hate on January Jones. When you're on a show like Mad Men, it's probably hard to not be serious. I bet it was difficult for her to shift from drama to comedy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I have heard of madmen but this was worthless

might as well have put zack galifinakis on there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I dunno. I liked Hot Rod a lot.

However, years ago, I liked Dirty Work even more...and YES, Norm MacDonald is irreplaceable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    SnL sucked ass this weekend...the skits i saw before i turned it off were awkward and not even remotely funny.

The lesbo chick interviewer...wtf...was it trying to be funny? i didnt get it.

The fart skit? Was funny for about the first 5 farts...then i felt like, wtf...fart jokes are only funny if they are quick...they drug it out WAY too long.

The Kathy lee thing...i guess was funny for about the first minute or so, then, once again, drug out way too long.
    Last edited by Soul_Patch; 11-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I'm sure January Jones appreciates you saying she's worthless. Sounds like you were expecting too much from her. Besides, SNL can't be hilarious every episode. The episode that was probably the funniest in recent years was probably last year when Ben Affleck hosted it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the fart skit sucked. bad. part of the continuing decline of snl.
    zack galifinakis would have been golden, so far almost all the hosts this season have sucked, its like lorne is too busy trying to woo future viewers... i mean come on, tammy swift last week? was beyond weak.
    samberg is hit and miss, sometimes its funny and brilliant like " in a box" "on a boat" "dear sister", others its just stupid "daiquiri girl" anytime he does an impression.
    seth was good when he had amy, not like norm, dennis, or chevy good, but tolerable. now he just sucks, but he's also the head writer now, so i don't see that changing until they can him.
    whig can be funny, depending on how stoned i am.
    they honestly just need to replace most of the cast and all of the writers.

Linger Ficking Good! CuckingFunt's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Saturday Night Live hasn't been funny in years. The cast sucks now, which makes it even worse, but the writing has been since... can't even remember the year, but for me that show really started going downhill with the cast that included Will Ferrel and Cheri Oteri.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Andy Samburg is . His skits are slightly smirk-worthy, but overrated like mad. The funniest thing he ever did was Mark Walburg talks to animals. And even that was not laugh out loud funny.

It's been probably about 10 years since i was a SNL P1 but i still believe they will rebound. They just need to find the talent. Kristin Wiig had potential but every skit I see her in now she's just not funny. Seth Meyer at weekend update was always a stupid idea, almost as bad as Jimmy Fallon.
    Fnny Ass . Laugh out loud funny for me. I liked lazy sundae (chronicle of narnia) at fuirst becaus eit was one of the first digital shorts. On a boat was mildly entertaining only cause i watched it after i went tubing with some freinds in new braunsfels and they kept yelling how they were on a boat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    If you know what good tv is, you who January Jones is. I'll admit the only funny bit was the instructional film on entertaining guests in the 1950s. She is perfect in that role of "proper housewife" which is probably why she is so good on MM.

Fart jokes? Too cheap to use for easy laughs. The Dr Jekyl bit wasn't terrible but this episode's humor tended to focus more on gay jokes and fart jokes which is kind of a give up on creativity. Some of the digital shorts are hits and misses. I did like the "I threw it on the ground" bit from a few weeks ago.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I havnt watched SNL since Chris Farley.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Norm McDonald? Seriously? Listening to him talk is like nails on a chalkboard.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well if you want to expand the conversation a little bit I thought Home Movies was great. I loved that show.

South Park is a shadow of itself, most who has been watching from the beginning will agree.

The digital shorts are overrated. Chronic-what-cles of narnia? This came out in like 2008. It's like, wow, you are implying that you're stoned, how cutting-edge. Parnel carried that skit as much as burg did. I am not blindly scoffing I've actually gone to hulu and nbc.com to watch these. They're overrated. Like the mavs.
    Anyone who loves Home Movies is alright by me. Don't know why the Adult Swim stopped showing it all of a sudden. That was one of the originals

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mark talks to animals is so damn hilarious it is not even funny.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    even if SNL was getting better no way the oldies would admit it. It was their glory days. Nothing is ever gonna be better than the "old ones" People always pick at everything..music movies... tv shows. If i find it funny it's funny...why they always gotta be some one saying "oh it's not funny like the old ones" get over it jeeeze.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm only 26 and SNL stopped being funny during and after will ferrel

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i do like a few of the new people, though, the writing is still atrocious. I could make funnier skits.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Anyone who loves Home Movies is alright by me. Don't know why the Adult Swim stopped showing it all of a sudden. That was one of the originals
    me chode regulator and mookie used to get stoned and watch home movies all the time.

Then one day I was like "Hey chode regulator, remember how the first few seasons of Home Movies were in squiggle?"
    And he'd be like, "What are you talking about?"
    "You know, how the lines of the characters were squiggly, like that Dr. Katz show? I wonder why they changed it."
    "I have no idea what you're talking about. Squiggle? You mean they weren't straight lines? I don't remember that at all. I don't get it. Squiggle?"
    "Yes dude instead of straight lines the lines were squiggly, like they were constantly moving."
    "I have no idea what you're talking about."

rofl
    They still show reruns every once in a while, AS is always changing their lineup. Do you watch Metalocalypse? One of my favorite shows right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    me chode regulator and mookie used to get stoned and watch home movies all the time.

Then one day I was like "Hey chode regulator, remember how the first few seasons of Home Movies were in squiggle?"
    "You know, how the lines of the characters were squiggly, like that Dr. Katz show? I wonder why they changed it."
    "I have no idea what you're talking about. Squiggle? You mean they weren't straight lines? I don't remember that at all. I don't get it. Squiggle?"
    "Yes dude instead of straight lines the lines were squiggly, like they were constantly moving."

rofl
    They still show reruns every once in a while, AS is always changing their lineup. Do you watch Metalocalypse? One of my favorite shows right now.
    King of the Hill, Robot Chicken and Home Movies are the only ones I truly like. I'll watch Sealab 2021 (if it's even on anymore?) and Aqua Teen occasionally.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    Name
    5 letters long
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the first 5 seasons are the only seasons that mattered. period.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans

rofl
    Mission Hill was a good show, but they only had like 15 episodes aired from when it was on UPN(Now called something else. I forget)

Metalocalypse is a cool show, but I wont go out of my way to watch it.

Name
    jaffies
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the first 5 seasons are the only seasons that mattered. period.
    Eddie Murphy, Phil Hartman, Martin Short, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Chris Farley, Adam Sandler, Tim Meadows, Chris Rock, Robert Smigel, Will Ferrell, Norm MacDonald, and Tracy Morgan

say "Hi".

Name
    Billy Shears
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Tracy Morgan stopped being funny when he played the gay inmate in The Longest Yard remake and that was a long ass time ago.

Thread Information