Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying this for the past year. People said I was nuts to want to trade Parker and Hill wasn't ready and couldn't play point guard, yadda yadda. Yet, every time Hill gets an opportunity to start (which is twice a year at least thx to Parker being injury-prone) he plays well and the team plays better.

Hill right now = Parker when you factor in his defense. In another year he will be better and will only keep getting better.
    I dont know if even I was ready to gamble on trading Parker and making Hill our starter last year (despite his good showings when Tony was out), but this year its pretty apparent that Hill will grow into a very very respecatable PG...the kid already has a much better shot and defense than Tony, and is no slouch when it comes to penetrating or pushing a fastbreak. Most people on here will take it as Parker hating, but honestly moving him for a star big man is the smart move. Hill's emergence has afforded us that luxury.

I think Im getting a reputation here as being a Parker hater, so let me clarify...I do not hate him. In the off-season I even went as far as arguing with Hornets fans on here that I'd keep Parker on this team over CP3. Not because he was a better player but because he was a great fit here and his 3 championships as our starting PG spoke volumes about that. He's proven incapable of adjusting his game to incorporate other key pieces though, not only that but he has let his jump shot and defense regress to as bad as theyve ever been. Unacceptable in my opinion, and the fact that we have a guy like Hill who brings more things to the table waiting for his chance has made Parker tradeable in my eyes. I appreciate what Parker has done here, but moving him is honestly a smart business move.

Duncan paired with Bosh for instance and with Hill as our starting PG seems much more enticing than what we currently have.
    Last edited by FkLA; 01-30-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying this for the past year. People said I was nuts to want to trade Parker and Hill wasn't ready and couldn't play point guard, yadda yadda. Yet, every time Hill gets an opportunity to start (which is twice a year at least thx to Parker being injury-prone) he plays well and the team plays better.

Hill right now = Parker when you factor in his defense. In another year he will be better and will only keep getting better.
    Tony Parker in his rookie season burnt Gary Payton in the playoffs and also was the second best player against the World Champion Lakers in the next playoff series. That was just his rookie season. Last season when healthy for the second half he played at Superstar level. I think you are really underrating Parker though and already forgot what he can do.

Having said that I really like George's game because when he plays good defense and is aggressive offensively he is a pretty darn good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill = parker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats why Pop is one of the all time great coaches, and Spurstalk posters still complain that it is simply lack of heart and small ball.
    Pop is the best. We should be thankful. When he goes is when the nightmare starts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan is the best. We should be thankful. When he goes is when the nightmare starts
    Fixed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that RJ did a very good job in the last 2 games but I'd like to see him more aggressive in the 2nd half of games. He usually do all his scoring in the 1st and disappears in the 2nd .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the best. We should be thankful. When he goes is when the nightmare starts

I'm sorry but we hot a nice young rookie (Ian) sitting on the bench. 1 can only hope he's letting Ian, Finely, & Mason sit because their waiting for a trade an don't want them to get injured. Othereise Pop don't seem thar smart to me. We've waited all this time for Ian to get healthy an now that he is we don't even play him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill = parker...
    Seriously. Who said that?

RJ is coming around. Our boys will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson was good last game, even with Parker in the lineup, so I'll say that before any of the Parker haters join us in this thread..

These last 2 games have been his best all-around EFFORT of the season IMO..he's actually playing hard and showing some passion out there..they've been against 2 quality teams too, so that's good..he can get better, hopefully he does..

He had 1 poor defensive play tonight where he was beat by Sam Young off the dribble after falling for the fake..other than that, I thought he did a solid job..

I also liked how Pop ran some plays for him down low, he scored on both attempts..hopefully he's utilized like that more often, it'll get the rest of his game going too..

It'll be interesting to see how he plays vs. Anthony, it's a huge challenge..

Hopefully this continues..we need consistency from him, so 2 games obviously isn't enough..
    He did only have that one glaring bad play, and it was a very lazy play. But he did not let himself dwell on it and played nicely.

Actually, for whatever reason, it's the way he feels most comfortable collecting his steps. No matter if it's on the baseline going oppo or in the open court, there's something about the way he approaches and explodes (not sure if it's a mental thing or something that came about after the surgeries).

He was talking about it with Bill and Sean a while back when they were highlighting a couple of his dunks during the game.
    That is interesting, I did not know that. I thought he just liked to add a little "flair" to his dunks when he could.

NBAChamp..to be Continued SpurNation's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets hope this continues throughout the season.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats why Pop is one of the all time great coaches, and Spurstalk posters still complain that it is simply lack of heart and small ball.
    Glad they had that talk after Richard Jefferson was too big to put in for a defensive series in a tie game against the Bulls.

Thread Information