Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    New Jersey Nets
    Post Count
    So people with the Celtics and Lakers two of the top teams complaining about it because now winning might not be as easy, next we will all hear someone from Mavs and Magic complaining about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony

KG deal = collusion

Gasol deal = collusion

U Have Bad Understanding Sportcamper's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I could be wrong…Being a Lakers fan that is highly unlikely…But it seems that Cleveland has done more trades to accommodate LeBron than any other team in the NBA…If they get Big Z back this team will be great & could possibly beat the Lakers in the NBA finals…Don’t laugh, it could happen…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ. Now I have seen it all. Jackson ing about a trade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong…Being a Lakers fan that is highly unlikely…But it seems that Cleveland has done more trades to accommodate LeBron than any other team in the NBA…If they get Big Z back this team will be great & could possibly beat the Lakers in the NBA finals…Don’t laugh, it could happen…
    oh, they would beat the Lakers. Easily. I would not be surprised to see a sweep.

you fail at trollin' me TheMACHINE's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol at people who still cant pinpoint why the Gasol deal was unfair.

"Its unfair...its collusion"

"why?"

*crickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"why?"

*crickets
    A. Kwame Brown was the biggest bust not named Darko Milicic of the 00s.

B. Javaris Crittenton...

C. Gasol was the franchise guy...imagine if you traded Shaq for Michael Olowakandi, Jacques Vaughn and a guy like Marcin Gortat when nobody knew who he was...and did that without shopping Shaq around. When Gortat finallty put up semi-decent numbers for your team which was struggling to be the 8th seed, would you say you got a solid deal?

D. I remember Lakers fans' (most, not all) views on Kupchak before that deal. That man has never had the best negotiating skills, yet all of a sudden became a superstar GM when he should have had no leverage in a potential deal (i.e. Bynum had just gone down).

E. More of an unknown, but the Jerry West effect (and yes, he was gone by the time the deal was done). But he was a connection between the two teams nonetheless.

F. An extension of D...you're trading your franchise guy, and you don't shop him around?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A. Kwame Brown was the biggest bust not named Darko Milicic of the 00s.

B. Javaris Crittenton...

C. Gasol was the franchise guy...imagine if you traded Shaq for Michael Olowakandi, Jacques Vaughn and a guy like Marcin Gortat when nobody knew who he was...and did that without shopping Shaq around. When Gortat finallty put up semi-decent numbers for your team which was struggling to be the 8th seed, would you say you got a solid deal?

D. I remember Lakers fans' (most, not all) views on Kupchak before that deal. That man has never had the best negotiating skills, yet all of a sudden became a superstar GM when he should have had no leverage in a potential deal (i.e. Bynum had just gone down).

E. More of an unknown, but the Jerry West effect (and yes, he was gone by the time the deal was done). But he was a connection between the two teams nonetheless.

F. An extension of D...you're trading your franchise guy, and you don't shop him around?
    Sweet...props to you for stepping up and taking the bait.

So let me see....

Gasol was traded for kwame brown like you said. He was dropped the following year to make room for cap space. Hmmm...Im assuming you dont know that some teams trade for cap space? Lets see what they got for that. Oh...they got Zach Randolph...an ALL STAR this year.

Somewhere in this list you provided was the rights to Marc Gasol. Oh wait...you "somehow" forgot to mention Marc Gasol. Well, let me enlighten you with his stats this year.

Marc Gasol:
    58% FG
    9.5 Rebounds
    2.2 Assists
    1.1 Steals
    1.6 Blocks
    14.8 Points

Wow..so Memphis got Marc Gasol and All Star Zach Randolph for Pau Gasol...ouch..they sure got suckered.

Thanks for trying VBM. There was a reason why noone wanted to "pinpoint" why the deal was unfair.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So why complain about the Cavs trade now? Let's wait 2 years to see that if pick turns into Moses Malone.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So why complain about the Cavs trade now? Let's wait 2 years to see that if pick turns into Moses Malone.
    They are complaining about Z returning, not the pick.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    They are complaining about Z returning, not the pick.
    I was referring to people in this thread. But Doc Rivers needs to shut up after admitting he benefited from that crap too. They only care because it's a compe or.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"why?"

*crickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So let me see....

Gasol was traded for kwame brown like you said. He was dropped the following year to make room for cap space. Hmmm...Im assuming you dont know that some teams trade for cap space? Lets see what they got for that. Oh...they got Zach Randolph...an ALL STAR this year.

Somewhere in this list you provided was the rights to Marc Gasol. Oh wait...you "somehow" forgot to mention Marc Gasol. Well, let me enlighten you with his stats this year.

Marc Gasol:
    58% FG
    9.5 Rebounds
    2.2 Assists
    1.1 Steals
    1.6 Blocks
    14.8 Points

Wow..so Memphis got Marc Gasol and All Star Zach Randolph for Pau Gasol...ouch..they sure got suckered.

Thanks for trying VBM. There was a reason why noone wanted to "pinpoint" why the deal was unfair.
    Players putting up numbers on a bad team? That's never happened before...they made the playoffs twice with Gasol...have they been back since that deal?

And you still don't address the idiocy of trading your franchise player without shopping him around...you're telling me LA was the only team with cap space to give out? Or maybe Pau was just a solid salesman and told Wallace, "My bro will be good one day...trade me for him!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you still don't address the idiocy of trading your franchise player without shopping him around...you're telling me LA was the only team with cap space to give out? Or maybe Pau was just a solid salesman and told Wallace, "My bro will be good one day...trade me for him!"
    I can understand Phil and Doc's beef, but they need to choose their battles more carefully. The main difference between the Jamison trade and the Gasol/Garnett trades is a championship. Mediocre teams (Boston and LA) were set up for le runs by teams who were practically giving away their superstars in deals that had most scratching their heads. I doubt Jamison is going to make the Cavs that much better than they're already playing. I still don't see the Cavs winning the championship, but I won't credit the arrival of Jamison as the reason if they do.

RE: TheMACHINE-

You have to understand that the trade (at the time) made no sense for Memphis. You trade your superstar in Pau Gasol for two guys you knew would not produce, a Euro whose never seen an NBA court and two late first-round draft picks that might as well be second-rounders because the Lakers never pick under 25. Sure, they got some cap space by letting go of Gasol and gaining expiring contracts, but you have to remember it's freakin' Memphis. When was the last time they landed a big fish? They got lucky with a problem child like Z-Bo...you can't just say Memphis knew what they were doing all along. Just admit the Gasol trade made no sense whatsoever and enjoy your spoils!
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-19-2010 at 01:23 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Players putting up numbers on a bad team? That's never happened before...they made the playoffs twice with Gasol...have they been back since that deal?

So how many playoff games did Pau Gasol win with Memphis? People trade franchise players for cap space all the time. You act as if this never happened before.

I
    RE: TheMACHINE-

You have to understand that the trade (at the time) made no sense for Memphis. You trade your superstar in Pau Gasol for two guys you knew would not produce, a Euro whose never seen an NBA court and two late first-round draft picks that might as well be second-rounders because the Lakers never pick under 25. Sure, they got some cap space by letting go of Gasol and gaining expiring contracts, but you have to remember it's freakin' Memphis. When was the last time they landed a big fish? They got lucky with a problem child like Z-Bo...you can't just say Memphis knew what they were doing all along. Just admit the Gasol trade made no sense whatsoever and enjoy your spoils!

Just because its memphis, they dont have the right to get rid of a big contract to start over? The Clippers just unloaded a bunch of contracts...is that bad cuz its the Clippers? Everyone and thier mom knew what Memphis was doing. Did anyone really think Memphis was going to keep Kwame Brown? The Gasol made perfect sense to people who follow the game. 2 years later...look at Memphis now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was Jerry West in the Memphis payroll at the time of the trade?

Ok..thanks for trying.

Duh and/or hello! Ode to Triple Ocho's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The irony

KG deal = collusion

Gasol deal = collusion

Gasol = good trade for both teams

KG = collusion

Jefferson = spurs FO raped up the ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    phil jackson-king of the double standard.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

So let me see....

Marc Gasol:
    58% FG
    9.5 Rebounds
    2.2 Assists
    1.1 Steals
    1.6 Blocks
    14.8 Points

See, again, this is what you ing re ed ass Laker fans don't get -

WHAT MARC GASOL IS DOING RIGHT NOW HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRADE MADE TWO YEARS AGO.

Two years ago Marc Gasol was not a double-double quality NBA player. He wasn't even a lottery pick prospect with potential.

Two years ago Marc Gasol was a 2nd round pick draft/stash player with zero NBA trade value. ZERO. TRADE. VALUE.

Here's a link to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Comic on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-TEENAGE-MUTANT...#ht_694wt_1166

It's available for $4999.99.

Now back in 1984 this comic book was originally printed, was it sold for $4999.99? No. Probably sold for less than 2 dollars. Was the seller a moron for selling it back in 1984 for 2 dollars? Was the buyer some genius for getting a 2 dollar comic in 1984? No. BECAUSE THAT WAS THE VALUE OF THE COMIC AT THE TIME. WHAT THE COMIC COSTS NOW HAD NO BEARING ON IT'S 1984 VALUE.

Same here. What Marc Gasol is doing right now is COMPLETELY ING IRRELEVANT because in 07-08 he was worth nothing more than a 2nd round draft/stash. He was Nick Calathes. NOTHING MORE. HIS TRADE VALUE WAS NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

Meaning the Lakers traded the biggest bust in NBA history, a ty 12th man, and a 2nd round draft/stash player for a top 10 player in the NBA. Which is a bull , unfair trade. END OF STORY.

What the Grizzlies have done since then has absolutely nothing to do with how terrible that trade was at the time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    See, again, this is what you ing re ed ass Laker fans don't get -

WHAT MARC GASOL IS DOING RIGHT NOW HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRADE MADE TWO YEARS AGO.

Two years ago Marc Gasol was not a double-double quality NBA player. He wasn't even a lottery pick prospect with potential.

Two years ago Marc Gasol was a 2nd round pick draft/stash player with zero NBA trade value. ZERO. TRADE. VALUE.

Here's a link to a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Comic on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-TEENAGE-MUTANT...#ht_694wt_1166

It's available for $4999.99.

Now back in 1984 this comic book was originally printed, was it sold for $4999.99? No. Probably sold for less than 2 dollars. Was the seller a moron for selling it back in 1984 for 2 dollars? Was the buyer some genius for getting a 2 dollar comic in 1984? No. BECAUSE THAT WAS THE VALUE OF THE COMIC AT THE TIME. WHAT THE COMIC COSTS NOW HAD NO BEARING ON IT'S 1984 VALUE.

Same here. What Marc Gasol is doing right now is COMPLETELY ING IRRELEVANT because in 07-08 he was worth nothing more than a 2nd round draft/stash. He was Nick Calathes. NOTHING MORE. HIS TRADE VALUE WAS NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

Meaning the Lakers traded the biggest bust in NBA history, a ty 12th man, and a 2nd round draft/stash player for a top 10 player in the NBA. Which is a bull , unfair trade. END OF STORY.

What the Grizzlies have done since then has absolutely nothing to do with how terrible that trade was.

HAHAHA...Damn sons...

YOU NEVER HEARD OF SCOUTS? I GUESS NOT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, anyone who followed international basketball knew that Marc Gasol was pretty good.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    HAHAHA...Damn sons...

YOU NEVER HEARD OF SCOUTS? I GUESS NOT.
    Scouts like the ones who said Sam Bowie was a better pick than Michael Jordan? Good one.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    To be fair, anyone who followed international basketball knew that Marc Gasol was pretty good.
    That means nothing, Laker Fan, his NBA trade value was that of a 2nd round draft/stash pick who played ZERO MINUTES OF NBA BASKETBALL.

Anyone who followed international basketball knew that Nikoloz Tskitishvili or Chris Anstey or Darko was good too. They still turned out in the NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Scouts like the ones who said Sam Bowie was a better pick than Michael Jordan? Good one.
    exactly.....sometimes you hit em, sometimes you miss em. Whats your point again?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't quite on the same level as San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich calling for an independent trade committee to be formed in protest of the Pau Gasol deal a couple of seasons ago,.
    that was tongue in cheek

Thread Information