Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    OU will get plenty of run once the season starts. IMO if they make it out of Tallahassee then I think they make it to the MNC.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    why do you think going to the SEC would negate the recruiting advantage of the LHN?
    It wouldn't, but "want to play SEC football in the state of Texas" is still a better sell than "want to come play big12 football for someone other than the team with their own network".

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It wouldn't, but it would increase our advantage and make it more of a level playing field.
    increase the advantage how?

Plus, this is only the beginning, if the longhorns get away with this and everyone bows down and gets on their knees for them then who knows what's next. They will do whatever they want with no regard to the conference and that isn't necessarily a team you want to partner yourself with.
    the horns have already agreed not to show HS games for a year and I bet the NCAA makes a rule banning the broadcast of such games.

you don't know what's next, but you are ready to bolt to a conference where you will get gang ed like never before.

I bet if A&M had started an Aggie network before UT, you wouldn't be ing about the unfairness of it.

lol Aggie inferiority complex

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What's wrong with what I said?
    nothing wrong with it, but it is very melodramatic. i don't get the outrage.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This whole conference minus Texas is tbh.
    Texas got the conference a bunch of money last year and nobody bent over to get it.

Tech turned down the offer to get ass ed for $5 mill earlier this week.

I'm not see the ass ing myself. Please explain further.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    increase the advantage how?
    Do you really not know the answer to that?

the horns have already agreed not to show HS games for a year and I bet the NCAA makes a rule banning the broadcast of such games.

you don't know what's next, but you are ready to bolt to a conference where you will get gang ed like never before.

I bet if A&M had started an Aggie network before UT, you wouldn't be ing about the unfairness of it.

lol Aggie inferiority complex
    hypothetical arguments. "If A&M did this, If they did that"

Texas has every intention of showing HS games and conference games and the recently released contract between them and ESPN shows proof of this. You keep continuing to take Deloss Dodds and Texas' word for it and see where that gets you. Just wait until ESPN swoops down also and threatens conference teams that they won't show there games on ESPN unless they agree to play on the LHN.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M knew what they were getting into when the LHN came about, they had the chance to jump to the SEC and they stayed. The people running A&M are dumbasses period, they should know that if Texas is able to get their own network no telling what else they had up their sleeve.

Now they are being little pussies about it. If they go to the SEC they are going to get ed every saturday, and might win 5 games every year. Then they will wish they stayed when recruits wont even take their calls because they are an average team with no chance at anything other than the Music City Bowl.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It wouldn't, but "want to play SEC football in the state of Texas" is still a better sell than "want to come play big12 football for someone other than the team with their own network".
    that type of sell would make an unnoticeable difference in recruiting, imo.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    and even if the NCAA rules against high school games on Aug 22
    (which isn't the only issue her) you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.

It also wouldn't change much, this has always been about the spirit of the relationship between Texas and the rest of the conference and if High school games are absent from the LHN it won't be because they have decided it isn't what's best for the conference. They will be absent because they have been told they can't air them. Big difference.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Do you really not know the answer to that?
    My answer is "no advantage, recruiting playing field stays the same whether Ags stay or go"

hypothetical arguments. "If A&M did this, If they did that"
    It's just my opinion. that's why I started with "I bet".

You haven't said "no, we would still want fairness", so my opinion stands.

Texas has every intention of showing HS games and conference games and the recently released contract between them and ESPN shows proof of this.
    How many HS games and conference games will be shown on the LHN this year?

An exact number please.

You keep continuing to take Deloss Dodds and Texas' word for it and see where that gets you. Just wait until ESPN swoops down also and threatens conference teams that they won't show there games on ESPN unless they agree to play on the LHN.
    I think Tech is in a tough spot, stay or go.

If Tech leaves for the Pac 16 and wants to play UT, guess what ESPN will probably say?

"We don't have room on ABC or ESPN, but we'd like you to play UT on the LHN. Here's $5 million."

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    nothing wrong with it, but it is very melodramatic. i don't get the outrage.
    You don't understand why A&M is not happy with everything going on? I have a hard time believing that.

Blake, there have been 2 big recruits in Texas that just did or are about to commit to SEC schools citing specifically they wanted to play in the SEC. It would make a difference.

Shyne, the aggressiveness of the lhn has increased dramatically this year and their intentions of doing anything they can to get what they want are clear now. I'm sure you'd have been glad to get a call from the "Music City Bowl" last year, wouldn't you? And nice choice of 5 wins - sounds like the number of wins from a big texas school last year, and it wasn't A&M.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.
    So?

It also wouldn't change much, this has always been about the spirit of the relationship between Texas and the rest of the conference and if High school games are absent from the LHN it won't be because they have decided it isn't what's best for the conference. They will be absent because they have been told they can't air them. Big difference.
    So? Was A&M doing what was best for the conference when they gobbled up Nebraska's and Colorado's penalty money? Or did you guys just need the money because you're broke? How would you pay the penalty if you left?

Such a fascinating case of butthurt.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

If Tech leaves for the Pac 16 and wants to play UT, guess what ESPN will probably say?

"We don't have room on ABC or ESPN, but we'd like you to play UT on the LHN. Here's $5 million."
    What's stopping ESPN from saying that right now while you are still apart of the big12.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Blake, no HS games will be played this year as the NCAA ruled against that today. As far as a conference game that will just depend on a team agreeing to it or not.

What you're not realizing is - this isn't a 1 year deal. Just because these things might not happen this year doesn't mean they will not happen 5 years from now. You think that espn would be content with playing rice v. tu every year and showing their baseball and volleyball games 24/7? They made this network to make money, not for fun. In order to make money, they need to show things that people in texas care about and will watch. Football is their money maker.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You don't understand why A&M is not happy with everything going on? I have a hard time believing that.
    Massive inferiority complex?

By the way, since the NCAA ruled that high school games cannot be played on any conference or school network, does the butthurt continue?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    and even if the NCAA rules against high school games on Aug 22
    (which isn't the only issue her) you can bet that espn will try and put something in a future contract with the NCAA to give them the rights to HS sports on ALL their family of networks and continue to work around it.

if HS games aren't broadcast, then who gives a as to why they aren't?

If you want to leave because UT had "every intention" of showing HS games and they are jerks, then you are the one that's asking for a huge SEC to be shoved so far up that Aggie ass that Reveille spits sauce out after every LSU, Bama, Florida, Arkie, Auburn etc touchdown.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    The lhn is apart of espn's family of networks.

HTH

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    that type of sell would make an unnoticeable difference in recruiting, imo.
    Might not make much difference to a kid who's choosing between Texas and A&M. But I think it stands a pretty good chance of ciphering off some of the kids who are leaving the state to go play SEC football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The lhn is apart of espn's family of networks.

HTH
    So?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Massive inferiority complex?

By the way, since the NCAA ruled that high school games cannot be played on any conference or school network, does the butthurt continue?
    Classic t-shirter.

Why are you so offended that we're leaving? It's clear that it's bothering you. This was about more than HS games, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Post Count
    I love the fact that OU is preseason number 1 and no one is talking about them due to lhn and a&m to the sec
    No one gives a about OU.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Blake, there have been 2 big recruits in Texas that just did or are about to commit to SEC schools citing specifically they wanted to play in the SEC. It would make a difference.
    How many big recruits have cited that they want to play in the Big 12?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So that would be a massive recruiting advantage for 1 school in the b12.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Classic t-shirter.

Why are you so offended that we're leaving? It's clear that it's bothering you. This was about more than HS games, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
    Oh, I'm not. I want you to go. I find the butthurt and outright gotry fascinating.

Go on.

And everyone knows that this is about the size of Aggy's penis as compared to Texas'. But go on. Squeeze.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    No one gives a about OU.
    What a re ed post. Coming from the guy who made a " Tim Duncan" thread.

Blake, I don't know. But in about a year or two, no one will be able to play in the conference.

Thread Information