Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't be playing tonight either, not quite ready, yet
    I guess there was a setback. Hopefully minor and he'll be ready for next game.

But Ginobili not fighting Pop to get on the court even though he's gone through a few workouts makes me think he's more injured than he's letting on. Either that or he is paranoid of getting injured and wants to take it as easy as possible. Usually if he's better than 75%, he's begging Pop to play . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he wants to come out in the Denver game and really compete. Prolly just doesn't see much reason to make his comeback in a game the Spurs should win by the third quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott said that Manu told Pop he wasn't ready to go tonight. Might be the first time that's ever happened, tbh.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Manu a lot but I've never understood why Manu is so frail and fragile like glass when it comes to injuries. For every little bruise or injury he gets it takes him several weeks to recover from whereas most of the players are able to play through it and be just fine. Unfortunately I wonder how all the injuries he's suffered is going to overpower all of the awesomeness he's done when looking back at his career. If we do bring him back I think we should just use him in fourth quarter situations or times when we need some kind of energy to get our team going. Fortunately we don't need him now and he should come back when he's ready. I did notice tonight that he was playing part assistant coach on the bench. I think he would make a pretty good assistant coach in the future but I know that's not in his future plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jefferson and Bonner in perfect health.
    You made me LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sean Elliott said that Manu told Pop he wasn't ready to go tonight. Might be the first time that's ever happened, tbh.
    Not like this opponent was a common one (ie one the Spurs really had to try against). Generally Manu would wanna play because he thought he could influence the game's outcome. In this situation him playing wouldn't change much. So chances are he decided to let the rest of the team handle it and not risk perhaps coming back too early like it seems he did during the road trip. If he still doesn't play Sunday then I'll be worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Manu a lot but I've never understood why Manu is so frail and fragile like glass when it comes to injuries. For every little bruise or injury he gets it takes him several weeks to recover from whereas most of the players are able to play through it and be just fine. Unfortunately I wonder how all the injuries he's suffered is going to overpower all of the awesomeness he's done when looking back at his career. If we do bring him back I think we should just use him in fourth quarter situations or times when we need some kind of energy to get our team going. Fortunately we don't need him now and he should come back when he's ready. I did notice tonight that he was playing part assistant coach on the bench. I think he would make a pretty good assistant coach in the future but I know that's not in his future plans.
    I think this is an overreaction. He's had full healthy seasons the last two years and hardly missed any games at all. He got freak injuries either right before the playoffs or during that could've happened to anyone. A broken nose when he reached in to try to swipe at a ball and Nowitzki headbutted him and a broken arm on a freak play where he was caught on a screen. They were plays that could've happened to anybody.

He has played through countless bumps and bruises the past few years. These injuries are beyond bumps and bruises and to state them as such is plain incorrect. Dude had a broken bone in his shooting hand. And then an oblique is a pretty serious injury. It's in your core and affects every movement, same as a rib injury. It's true older players are more susceptible to injury than younger ones and it takes them longer to recover, but anybody who says they'll remember Ginobili more for being hurt than what he did is a plain fool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games played last two regular seasons:

Ginobili: 145
    Duncan: 144
    Parker: 132

So yeah, pretty weak take TMTTrio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like Spurs will be finally fully healthy for Sunday's game against Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Games played last two regular seasons:

Ginobili: 145
    Duncan: 144
    Parker: 132

So yeah, pretty weak take TMTTrio.
    The picture for the last 10 seasons since Ginobili joined the Spurs -

Duncan - 71.7 Regular season games per year, 2414.4 minutes per year
    Parker - 70.4, 2352.4
    Ginobili - 64.2, 1800.9

Not so much of a difference, IMO, considering Manu has been played as a sixth man for many of these games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see him play with a broken arm last year? How about playing with the tape holding his nose together. I'd imagine he "plays through" a lot of injuries, we just don't hear about them. I don't think Manu's really that frail. I just think his all-out style of play contributes to his injuries more than anything else.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs only play 3 games in the next 9 days. Good stretch to work everyone back in slowly and get some practice time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JMcDonald_SAEN: Manu went through entire practice today. Officially remains game-time decision for Denver.

Thread Information