Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    i was in a parking lot and this car begins to reverse out but she pulls out straight , it took the damn about 3 minutes to get out of the spot. it reminded me of the austin powers golf cart scene
    I was downtown SA a few weeks ago and watched a guy try to park his car on the side of the road. Nothing tricky about it, he just had to pull his car up behind another. Dude went over the curb, back down, over the curb again, then bumped into the car in front of him, backed up, went over the curb, and finally came to stop.

I figured for sure it had to be an old lady. Nope, 20 something hispanic dude that I'm fairly certain outweighed his Honda Civic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Just wait until Disney and the NFL move here. Then you'll see a skyscraper boom in San Antonio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Penn State Nittany Lions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ROFLMFAO

That dude screaming "oyyoyoyoyoyoyyeoyoyo!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I drove past the ATT Center and I want to know how in the anyone can go to an event there?

There is no post or pre game places to go around there!

In almost all other cities, where there is a stadium that houses a pro sports team, there is a community around there that has bars, restaurants, hotels, etc.

But all that is around the ATT center is old and ty houses and tons of graffiti and litter.

So I guess the after game activities when leaving the ATT Center is to try and avoid being shot or robbed at gunpoint.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I figured for sure it had to be an old lady. Nope, 20 something hispanic dude that I'm fairly certain outweighed his Honda Civic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Someone told me that the "mothers of the Alamo" are responsible for the ty skyline.

Something about never approving a building project if the look isn't in line with Alamo/spanish architecture.

I had a lot of the same impressions after living in Cali half my life and coming back to Texas...freeways/I-35 is a joke (two in' lanes)

no proper roadway signage until you are actually on the street and still don't know the name of it...

Exits and onramps on the same side of the road and within a 1/4 mile of each other (cars exiting freeway running into cars trying to merge onto fwy---genius!)

Gigantic multi-trillion dollar Churches/places of worship that are everywhere...
    Yep. The freeway system is just laughable in San Antonio.

My cousin came to visit me last week and as soon as he got in my car and we left the airport, he said he felt like he was in another country.

Not because of the heavy mexican population here, but because the buildings look run down and old, the streets are covered in filth and litter and the roads look like something from columbia circa 1972.

He also thought is was very odd how San Antonio likes to build out rather than up. He also was shocked that there is no good public transit system in place and that via is not a 24 hour service.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Yep. The freeway system is just laughable in San Antonio.

My cousin came to visit me last week and as soon as he got in my car and we left the airport, he said he felt like he was in another country.

Not because of the heavy mexican population here, but because the buildings look run down and old, the streets are covered in filth and litter and the roads look like something from columbia circa 1972.

He also thought is was very odd how San Antonio likes to build out rather than up. He also was shocked that there is no good public transit system in place and that via is not a 24 hour service.
    I get a kick out of everytime SA tries to do something to upgrade the city, a bunch of assclowns 'tag' it immediately, and it stays that way.........forever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I get a kick out of everytime SA tries to do something to upgrade the city, a bunch of assclowns 'tag' it immediately, and it stays that way.........forever.
    That appears to be true.

Almost all the new stuff being built that I have seen has already been tagged. Especially around the Alamo Ranch area. By the way, how can anyone claim that area is upper middle class when there is a trailer park directly across the street from it? It seems like a lot of San Antonio locals are delusional about their city.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    That appears to be true.

Almost all the new stuff being built that I have seen has already been tagged. Especially around the Alamo Ranch area. By the way, how can anyone claim that area is upper middle class when there is a trailer park directly across the street from it? It seems like a lot of San Antonio locals are delusional about their city.
    I don't fault them for being delusional, everyone thinks their home city is the greatest. What I do fault them for though is the complete lack of respect they have for their own town.........and the fact that 75% of them have never actually went to another city to see what it's like......and Corpus doesn't count.

To your original thoughts though, they are making a lot of moves to improve the road system. 281/1604, when complete will be a lot nicer. They did a good job with 410/281 a couple years ago as well as 10/410. So they're on the right track.

Now if they could just blow up downtown and put in something modern (anything). Relocate the ATT center so it's not directly in the tiest part of town. Wipe out the West side all together. Build a border wall between the south side and the north side. Ban "street artists" (spray painting your name doesn't make you an artist). Eliminate a 1/3 of the billboards. Pick up trash every once in a while.....nevermind, they'll never get it figured out.

silverblk mystix
    ok, now you two gots are getting carried away...

don't hate...appreciate

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now if they could just blow up downtown and put in something modern (anything). Relocate the ATT center so it's not directly in the tiest part of town. Wipe out the West side all together. Build a border wall between the south side and the north side. Ban "street artists" (spray painting your name doesn't make you an artist). Eliminate a 1/3 of the billboards. Pick up trash every once in a while.....nevermind, they'll never get it figured out.

Downtown has no life, in my opinion.

I have never seen a big city with a ty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..

The only side of San Antonio that seems to be consistently nice for more than a black at a time in the far north side. Outside the 1604 Loop and into Stone Oak and into the Encino area. Dominion and Leon Springs area is really nice also.

The att center seems to be in one of the worst and most poor areas of this city. Am I correct??

The trash on the roads here is unreal. It is like people just toss their empty whataburger bags out the window when they are done.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

don't hate...appreciate
    I appreciate that San Antonio is the only place in modern America where you can be considered well off financially when making 35K a year.

My job pays me at 58k and that seems to put me in the high brackets in san antonio

silverblk mystix
    I appreciate that San Antonio is the only place in modern America where you can be considered well off financially when making 35K a year.

My job pays me at 58k and that seems to put me in the high brackets in san antonio

That's it...feel the love!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets

Downtown has no life, in my opinion.

I have never seen a big city with a ty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..
    Agree 100%
    The only side of San Antonio that seems to be consistently nice for more than a black at a time in the far north side. Outside the 1604 Loop and into Stone Oak and into the Encino area. Dominion and Leon Springs area is really nice also.
    True, but it's getting so overcrowded that it's starting to be less appealing.
    The att center seems to be in one of the worst and most poor areas of this city. Am I correct??
    THat's the thing, it's hard to rank the worst parts of town. That certainly seems like it, but venture over to the west side sometime and it's a tough comparison.
    The trash on the roads here is unreal. It is like people just toss their empty whataburger bags out the window when they are done.
    Everywhere, not just the roads.
    The city has so much potential. If they'd treat the entire place the way they treat the tourist traps, the residents would much less miserable IMO.

I spent 6 years there, I was so happy to leave.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets

don't hate...appreciate
    lol ankle biting.

silverblk mystix
    The city has so much potential. If they'd treat the entire place the way they treat the tourist traps, the residents would much less miserable IMO.

I spent 6 years there, I was so happy to leave.

Probably not as happy as the people that couldn't wait for your got ass to leave...loser.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Honestly, Los Angeles used to have the tiest downtown of any city I had ever been to north of the border. Downtown closed at 7PM and the streets would be nothing but homeless, so it was always fun when one had to work late. Rest of the city was awesome though (SFV does not count).

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Probably not as happy as the people that couldn't wait for your got ass to leave...loser.
    Are there not enough threads where you aren't the center of attention today?

silverblk mystix
    lol ankle biting.

I'm honored that so many of my pet terms are being used.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    What are you now silverblk mystix, some disgruntled San Antonio tour guide?

Thread Information