Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my immediate reaction is that it would make the Clippers better, maybe a lot better. For a team with a dumb coach, adding smart players is the best antidote. Garnett compared to Jordan is just brutal for basketball IQ. The pick-and-pop with illegal screens for Chris Paul would be a giant pain for the Spurs. The defense alone would make the Clippers really tough to beat.

re: Bledsoe, Vinny Del Negro wasn't smart enough to give him heavy minutes last playoffs and with vets on his bench like Billups and Crawford I wouldn't be surprised if he under-plays Bledsoe again this coming playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls getting robbed here tbh.

Sure Boozer has a bad contract but he's more productive than Bustnani.
    I could make sense. With Deng, Gibson, Noah around Barganini`s lack of rebounding and post game could be masked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this an inside scoop in a trade deadline thread...?
    i know right dude must be trollin

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could make sense. With Deng, Gibson, Noah around Barganini`s lack of rebounding and post game could be masked.
    And once Rose plays again, the drive and kick with a jump shooting big man can definitely help their offense/spacing.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    San Antonio May Be Shipping DeJuan Blair To Beantown

Possibly, Boston believes that Blair is being misused in San Antonio. I could see a trade for Fab Melo taking place; possibly, Jared Sullinger (slim chances) or Chris Wilcox. I would like to think that he still has the ability to wreck havoc on both ends of the court. Prior to him entering the NBA, I viewed Blair as the second coming of Charles Barkley. Now, I’m not so sure. Possibly, San Antonio has their eyes set on a low-post player in preparation of Tim Duncan possibly re-tiring after this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fab Melo's an extremely raw kid. Can't really do anything on offense besides dunk (and if you're talking about a no-offense big we already have Baynes).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that a lot of crap. 1st Duncan isnt retiring after this season. 2. How the you could get Duncan`s replacement by trading Blair ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fab Melo's an extremely raw kid. Can't really do anything on offense besides dunk (and if you're talking about a no-offense big we already have Baynes).
    To be fair, I don't think you've seen enough of him to make that assessment. The scouting report says he has a pretty well developed 18 foot jump shot.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this could be a good for the Celtics long term also.
    Jordan contract $11M year is not good. At the end, KG retires and they get room to add other players.
    They could get a Tiago with the same amount of money they are giving Jordan.
    Bledsoe is another story.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a confident Fab Melo is pretty scary, he can dunk, block, box out, solid FT shooter, already has a decent jumpshot from outside... I've seen him hits fade-away, off the glass, all kinds of shots, he impacts the game on both ends... he won't fly too much above the rim, which can be good long term to his knees...

but he won't find nobody to give him confidence he needs to develop at NBA, on the contrary all they tell him is you're not capable, you're too this or that, they should slap him 3 times and release him at the paint, I've seen him do things that could really impact at NBA level... hope he reaches his potential because it's fun player to watch when he's comfortable... maybe with more fitness and speed someone will give him a chance to play past his rookie nervousness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/T...or_trade021513

The Knicks are one of several teams with interest in the Minnesota Timberwolves guard, according to a league source.

The others to varying degrees are Boston, Philadelphia, Utah and probably a couple more.

Wherever it is, a source close to Ridnour said he's mentally preparing for a trade by Thursday afternoon's deadline.

Ridnour, who is the Wolves' only player to appear in every game this season, is the most likely Timberwolves player to be moved.
    Forward Derrick Williams is available, but a trade seems more likely this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...eady-to-commit

Howard confirmed Friday he has received assurances from Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak that he wouldn't be dealt by next week's trade deadline despite his unwillingness to commit to an extension or a new contract after the season.
    The Howard drama should be fun to follow. I suspected the main reason why he keeps playing with his injured shoulder was to go at the ASG. After the ASG, I wouldn't be surprised to see him opting quickly for a season ending surgery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...eady-to-commit

The Howard drama should be fun to follow. I suspected the main reason why he keeps playing with his injured shoulder was to go at the ASG. After the ASG, I wouldn't be surprised to see him opting quickly for a season ending surgery.
    Very likely. What is also very likely is that Howard is NEVER again the player he was before his back surgery.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding potential Celtics-Clippers trade:

Chris Broussard:
    Vinny Del Negro wants KG, willing to give Bledsoe/Jordan for him. Clips front office totally against the move. Front office has final say. Twitter Chris_Broussard

Chris Broussard: If Boston wants WGreen, RTuriaf & C Butler, sure the Clips front office will take KG, but not for Bled & Jordan. Twitter Chris_Broussard

Sources speculated if Garnett were to agree to a trade, the Celtics would then aggressively attempt to move Pierce before Thursday’s trading deadline. Garnett is in his 18th season and averaging 15.1 points on 50-percent shooting and 7.7 rebounds. He said earlier this week Sunday’s All-Star Game in Houston will be his last. Garnett will start for the Eastern Conference. FOXSports Ohio
    Redeems Del Negro in my eyes tbh, if they get Garnett it's pretty much game over in the west, he fits so well with Griffin with his range, allowing Blake to play close to the basket where he's a beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Redeems Del Negro in my eyes tbh, if they get Garnett it's pretty much game over in the west, he fits so well with Griffin with his range, allowing Blake to play close to the basket where he's a beast.
    Did you read the part where VDN is the ONLY person w/ the LAC that wants Garnett and the front office basically said " no"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why theyd do it either unless they are that low on Jordan. There was speculation that they wanted to make cap room to make a push for Howard this summer. But this deal does little to help that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG helps the Clippers in the playoffs down the stretch with his experience especially against Jordan's inability to shoot freethrows. And that could help them against other playoffs teams, but not the Spurs. The Spurs historically had matchup problems with athletic teams. So I like Spurs chances with this move. I can't wait TD eat KG alive. With Blake the guy is overrated. Just have Splitter stand there and raise his hands. The guy is short. Just don't let him go around you but stay in front of him and live with his jumpshots. Don't even need to doubleteam the guy and pass to an open Billups. Anyways I love the matchup better without Jordan and Bledsoe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This move is to get CP3 sign next year showing him the Clips are serious in going deep in the playoffs this year. Also making room for Dwight. But Dwight is going to Brooklyn and Gasol unhappy, both LA teams would end up without bigs in the near future. I like it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously this is far from a lock, but Boston can wake up the day after the deadline with complete revamped and exciting Roster if everything goes down.

PG Bledsoe
    SG Bradley
    SF Pierce (assuming he too isn't shipped)
    Big 1 Jordon
    Big 2 Howard

Based on the below rumors from downstairs:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan. http://tinyurl.com/br53wjq

The Los Angeles Lakers have engaged in preliminary discussions with the Boston Celtics on a trade centering on Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo. The potential deal has not gained any traction, and other significant pieces would need to be involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope the Clips keep Jordan, his free throw shooting could be huge for us come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jordan and howard would terrible together. worse than gasol and howard. at least gasol can high post with shooting and passing skills. jordan is howard, you couldn't put them both on the court at the same time. jordan would probably disappear from stats, or howard would drop off and be pissy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the biggest incentive to move jordan and bledsoe for kg is simple. paul would re-sign.

ps - paul, crawford, bledsoe, billups and they somehow start green? jordan and bledsoe for kg fixes that garbage too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the biggest incentive to move jordan and bledsoe for kg is simple. paul would re-sign.

ps - paul, crawford, bledsoe, billups and they somehow start green? jordan and bledsoe for kg fixes that garbage too.
    Just like Pop started scrubs at SG for years.

The 6th is coming... will_spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan. http://tinyurl.com/br53wjq
    This looked like a farcical idea as long as Woj wasn't reporting it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    When asked if there was any team or cir stance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."

Thread Information