Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about the previous two games; I'm talking in general.

The notion that Green needed the night off illustrates just how brainwashed so much of this fan base is by Pop.
    Actually, it's the five trophies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, it's the five trophies.
    Only an idiot would think that would mean someone can do nothing foolish or wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Danny played 95 minutes in the previous two games. That's one minute short of going 48 in B2B games. I don't care if he's in his 20s. He needed the night off.
    Wilt Chamberlain played 48 minutes of every game for a whole season. What's your point? Players have gotten soft these days. Young players should not have to be rested for playing two 48 minute games in a row. They weren't even back to back. There was a day off between games. Surely Danny could have played 24 minutes in the second half for the Spurs against Dallas when all the guys that did play were gassed.

Portland went into New Orleans on a true back to back after that triple OT game and thrashed the Pelicans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. I don't know how anyone can claim Popovich is overresting players this year. If anything, injuries are forcing him to overplay players.
    Injuries are piling up IMO because he started resting healthy players early in the season when no one was injured. Now, the healthy players are getting worn out because of it.

Pop has really mismanaged the rest to start the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot would think that would mean someone can do nothing foolish or wrong.
    I don't think it means he can't do anything foolish or wrong. He wouldn't be a human being in that case. I think what it does mean is that he knows a of a lot more about running a basketball team than some internet idiot like you.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coasting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it means he can't do anything foolish or wrong. He wouldn't be a human being in that case. I think what it does mean is that he knows a of a lot more about running a basketball team than some internet idiot like you.
    So in other words, you'll blindly support whatever he does because of his resume . . . and I'm the idiot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words, you'll blindly support whatever he does because of his resume . . . and I'm the idiot?
    He's a coach and President of basketball operations for a franchise that has won 5 les on his watch...so yes. I'll definitely give his opinions and actions, vis a vis the Spurs, far more weight than yours. You're just some arrogant pup who thinks he knows more about what Pop does than Pop knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a coach and President of basketball operations for a franchise that has won 5 les on his watch...so yes. I'll definitely give his opinions and actions, vis a vis the Spurs, far more weight than yours. You're just some arrogant pup who thinks he knows more about what Pop does than Pop knows.
    The TD 21 character is a buffoon who jumps cliffs at the first opportunity and tries to come across as some kind of a savant. Idiot, actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well logically if you play the full minutes, OT and only narrowly lose without injured starters, I would say yes.

However OP does not want to win and wants to emulate Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I just think this old "rest everyone on a back-to-back no matter what!" habit of his is dying hard this year.

I can understand sidelining Duncan and the Mexican, but Green could've played 30 minutes tonight. Portland had zero problems looking sharp. The "exhaustion" following back-to-backs is overblown, and not backed up with any kind of convincing empirical data that proves teams play much worse in that scenario.
    Actually, someone did (kind of):

http://blogmaverick.com/2005/12/21/b...ks-in-the-nba/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs pursued Josh McRoberts in the off season, but he decided to go to Miami. He would've meshed perfectly with this team. I have to disagree with the idea that the Spurs didn't do anything in the off season. Keeping Patty Mills was huge, and they did it at a very good price. Many other teams wanted him, and he could've left for more money. Diaw resigned... obviously that will be important come playoff time. They looked at other options, but none worked out. But most experts felt like this: http://www.businessinsider.com/spurs...re-team-2014-7. If the Spurs had landed a back up SF, but not resigned Mills, people would be saying RC Buford screwed up... You can't just magically get every player you want. You're competing against 29 other teams, and many of them are willing to overpay players in an effort to get where the Spurs are EVERY year-- in the playoffs.
    They were also the runner-up in the Pau Gasol chase, among other efforts.

Not doing anything and not trying to do anything are two entirely different things, as Mr. Bones points out. Those who are bent on criticizing the FO when it swings and misses on players often just forget the chase or ignore the fact that players get to make choices, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, to the OPs point: I don't think you fight as hard as it takes to go 3OTs in consecutive games if you're not trying to win.

Just sayin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    na bruh we just won 5!! Anything else is just extra gravy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries are piling up IMO because he started resting healthy players early in the season when no one was injured. Now, the healthy players are getting worn out because of it.

Pop has really mismanaged the rest to start the season.
    Injuries aren't piling up because he's resting players. Which player got injured because he got rest?????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is really being rested? It's usually Duncan/Manu who get rested on B2B's. Splitter is being eased back into the rotation, and with his injuries, it's smart not to overplay. Green didn't play in Dallas, but this is coming off B2B 3OT games.... We've just had injuries... Better to get em' out the way now and get our momentum later. Parker/Mills/Splitter/Leonard ... Last year was similar when Green/Splitter/Leonard got hurt. Our defense was horrid at that time, we went 8-8 with Leonard out? Guys will get back and this team will be back on track. Duncan & Green have been playing great, Joseph is getting more confident, and even Anderson. It looks rough now but we've seen this story before. Just let em' get healthy. This is still the same team with wins in Memphis/Golden State/Cleveland/LAC. They know how to turn it on when their guys are healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, to the OPs point: I don't think you fight as hard as it takes to go 3OTs in consecutive games if you're not trying to win.

Just sayin.
    Right.. They were trying. Pop is up and engaged during the games. They are trying. Sometimes that's how it goes though. Only having 1 PG doesn't help either. Especially when Manu is struggling late in games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When we roll into the playoffs as one of the 3 healthiest teams in the West while at least two of the other major contenders have catastrophic injuries, no one will care what our record is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injuries are piling up IMO because he started resting healthy players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take that as a yes.

I never said anything of the sort and in the case of something like this, there is no right or wrong answer. It's a matter of opinion, you arrogant prick.

Thread Information