Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH at the fear that still exists with OKC.

Golden State and Memphis are much bigger threats to the Spurs because of their coaching and discipline. There's no denying the Spurs are at a disadvantage at some positions but their team play makes up for it. OKC has NO bench and mediocre - interior play.

Good gawd people, the Spurs destroyed them in the WCF. Once the Spurs adjusted to Ibaka's presence, they got back to handing them the beat down of their playoff lives. Forget what you see in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole different animal.
    its all about matchups. Spurs just have matchup disadvantage with OKC.

Spurs have matchup advantage with Warriors

pretty simple

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It's not that simple. Spurs own Dallas and the series went 7 last year. Steve Kerr isn't Mark Jackson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis sucks. The Spurs could potentially sweep them again, tbh.

Sure, OKC is worse than last season and has their share of flaws, but they have enough athleticism to disrupt our passing game and WB is an underrated beast. I do think the Spurs could beat them again, but I don't think it would be as easy as you keep claiming. It's all irrelevant though if Durant doesn't get into rhythm. OKC is currently a 1st round exit, potentially 2nd round if they get a favorable matchup.
    I wouldn't say Memphis sucks. OKC's athleticism can disrupt the Spurs' ball movement but Memphis' consistency and smarts can be a problem. Memphis is more of a threat to go far in the playoffs than the Thunder because they take care of the ball and play more of a half-court game. They don't take wild-ass shots like RW and KD.

Right now, the Warriors are playing good basketball but the real test will be how they handle the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say Memphis sucks. OKC's athleticism can disrupt the Spurs' ball movement but Memphis' consistency and smarts can be a problem. Memphis is more of a threat to go far in the playoffs than the Thunder because they take care of the ball and play more of a half-court game. They don't take wild-ass shots like RW and KD.

Right now, the Warriors are playing good basketball but the real test will be how they handle the playoffs.
    Memphis is destined to go far in the playoffs I agree. But they really match up poorly against the Spurs. Unless they can acquire a perimeter threat that isn't a 40 year old Vince Carter, I would fear them more.

Thread Information