Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good 20+ minutes from Tony gives Mills and CoJo their proper minutes too.

Win/win/win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is finally getting healthy thank you science

As soon as Kawhi gets back, we should give Manu and Timmy some time off, tbh.
    Not sure if anybody noticed, but the Spurs are game-and-a-half away from the 8th seed right now. Yet everyone keeps suggesting to rest X, Y, or Z.

Injuries have already made the Spurs miss more time than they would have liked. I know we would all love for the rotation guys to get their midseason vacations, but this team can't really afford to coast right now until it bolsters its record a bit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if anybody noticed, but the Spurs are game-and-a-half away from the 8th seed right now. Yet everyone keeps suggesting to rest X, Y, or Z.

Injuries have already made the Spurs miss more time than they would have liked. I know we would all love for the rotation guys to get their midseason vacations, but this team can't really afford to coast right now until it bolsters its record a bit.
    Is there a link to minutes played per player to this point last year to compare minutes per game and total minutes played?

I thought I recently read an article or post about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a link to minutes played per player to this point last year to compare minutes per game and total minutes played?

I thought I recently read an article or post about it.
    Not that I'm aware of. The data could be mined out of BBall Reference for anyone who had the patience to do it, but I sure as am not THAT bored at work.

I was really just speaking in generalities, but that's pretty easy to do since the Spurs stayed remarkably healthy over the course of last season, whereas this season we have had several players miss significant time already (Splitter, Mills, Parker, Leonard).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks I love this gif...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

well we were missing our best player and our best defensive wing. 2 of our 3 best players basically. plus the December schedule was just off the charts.

I think it's fair to say Duncan could be due some reduced minutes and Evita a couple nights off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh..picks a ty team to make a return..How convenient.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more Parker plays, the more the price to resign COJO goes down. Hard to get teams to sign you to a big contract when you finish the season with 5 minutes a game. That said, I'll be interested to see how Pop handles the point guard rotation given that all three point guards are playing well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the person benefiting from MVParker's return mostly is Evita imo

the man can't play over 20 meaningful minutes per game in a ballhandling assignment imo. his body just can't. Now he can parade around the perimeter and wait for Parker to destabilize the opponent's defense, so then he can take either the easy shot or easy layup.

Argentina should send a few million cows to France as a sign of thanks imo
    Patty comes back. We start winning. Ship has been righted. Parker decides to stop his usual midseason vacation.
    Parker fans will place win on parker coming back though.
    Too bad the classiest North American sport organisation has the tiest fan base worldwide. Is it so hard to root for 2 HOFs who have been part of a 4 ships run for your favorite team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker best player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker best player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup

we form like Boltron and MVParker jus happens to be the head. Team leader, Captain.

glad he's back yall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brah... I do hope Kawhi will make his return against a top team tbh

not sure what's wrong to come back against ty teams btw... that's the best way to get PT without needing forcing the issue.. perfect in fact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even TOP 50 among PG in adjusted RPM..

Best player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't read. too busy looking forward to MVP's return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we were missing our best player and our best defensive wing. 2 of our 3 best players basically. plus the December schedule was just off the charts.

I think it's fair to say Duncan could be due some reduced minutes and Evita a couple nights off.
    I'm certainly not advocating any early January cliff-jumping, for exactly the reasons you stated. All things considered, the Spurs have stayed afloat and kept themselves in the mix.

I just think some people don't give credit to the INCREDIBLE luck the team had last season in staying healthy...moreso than any recent season that I can remember. That, along with the bench stepping up to win games that otherwise probably should've been losses, is what allowed this team to manage only 21 losses throughout the 82 games while still giving the Big 3 regular DNPs.

This season, the Spurs already have 14 losses through 35 games. There's still plenty of time for things to come around and for the Spurs to make their typical late season push...but there is less room for error (or cushion for resting players) when you are trying to climb the standings ladder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm certainly not advocating any early January cliff-jumping, for exactly the reasons you stated. All things considered, the Spurs have stayed afloat and kept themselves in the mix.

I just think some people don't give credit to the INCREDIBLE luck the team had last season in staying healthy...moreso than any recent season that I can remember. That, along with the bench stepping up to win games that otherwise probably should've been losses, is what allowed this team to manage only 21 losses throughout the 82 games while still giving the Big 3 regular DNPs.

This season, the Spurs already have 14 losses through 35 games. There's still plenty of time for things to come around and for the Spurs to make their typical late season push...but there is less room for error (or cushion for resting players) when you are trying to climb the standings ladder.
    well we are not catching the top 3 seeds in the West. Forget about that. So is gunning for the 4th seed worth tiring out our stars? IMO rather than trying to climb the ladder, the Spurs are just trying to find their game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5-0 without J.Smith...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit is Detroit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well we are not catching the top 3 seeds in the West. Forget about that. So is gunning for the 4th seed worth tiring out our stars? IMO rather than trying to climb the ladder, the Spurs are just trying to find their game.
    Spurs are only 4.5 games behind third-seed Memphis and 6 games behind second-seed Portland with 47 games to play. The only team in the West who seems unbeatable right now is Golden State (of all ing teams). A little mid-season lull from either of those two other teams and those spots are wide open.

But I agree, the Spurs' main priority is to find their game and start establishing a little rhythm while they wait for the loss records of the other teams in the standings to catch up to theirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad the classiest North American sport organisation has the tiest fan base worldwide. Is it so hard to root for 2 HOFs who have been part of a 4 ships run for your favorite team?
    yeah, I don't get the TP hate at all, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and because I'm on a mood to check assholes... last time he came back from injury it was against the Clips... I probably must assume LAC is a ty team ala Detroit... or you are just full of

yeah I'd go with the last one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I don't get the TP hate at all, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? I defend TP all the time... I don't get where all the hate is coming from, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what? I defend TP all the time... I don't get where all the hate is coming from, tbh...
    true... you are the king of the back handed compliment

Thread Information