Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Seattle Seahawks
    Post Count
    That's some hard-hitting analysis right there
    Well thaaaaaaank you, I always appreciate your compliments.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Now he's being sued in civil court.

This got more baggage than Johnny Football.....and no teams in the NFL seem worried at all. I would be nervous as to hand over the keys to this guy.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

This got more baggage than Johnny Football.....and no teams in the NFL seem worried at all. I would be nervous as to hand over the keys to this guy.
    forget the off-field stuff. manziel was a terrible on-field prospect, for reasons that many posters including myself, djohn, korea nation, chinook, and others laid out. people, including some morons running teams, let the college hysteria get in their heads, just like it did with tebow. at least winston has some NFL characteristics

while anybody with half a brain sees this play and thinks "wow this guy is gna get rekt" other people saw this as magic and thought manziel would change the nfl

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

I'm with you on this, no way I'd spend a first round draft pick on this guy. I believe he's who he is.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    forget the off-field stuff. manziel was a terrible on-field prospect, for reasons that many posters including myself, djohn, korea nation, chinook, and others laid out. people, including some morons running teams, let the college hysteria get in their heads, just like it did with tebow. at least winston has some NFL characteristics

while anybody with half a brain sees this play and thinks "wow this guy is gna get rekt" other people saw this as magic and thought manziel would change the nfl
    I'm just worried about my franchise spurraider.....plain and simple. Screwing up the #1 pick can set your franchise back years....

You say..."forget the off-field stuff"....I wish I could. I certainly think he's a better pro prospect than Manziel last year and Mariota this year. Better in the pocket...already runs a pro style offense...and an overall bigger/stronger arm than those two. I'm not saying he can't overcome this off-field nonsense...It just bothers me to say the least.

coffee is for closers Infinite_limit's Avatar
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Because he did it in the SEC, which meant a before Winston destroyed that mirage in the le Game

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I'm with you on this, no way I'd spend a first round draft pick on this guy. I believe he's who he is.
    I'm not saying I wouldn't spend a "first round" pick on the guy....he's definitely talented enough. I'm just worried about spending the #1 pick on the guy....

Again, hope I'm wrong. Cause he will be picked first overall....that is pretty much set in stone.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm just worried about my franchise spurraider.....plain and simple. Screwing up the #1 pick can set your franchise back years....

You say..."forget the off-field stuff"....I wish I could. I certainly think he's a better pro prospect than Manziel last year and Mariota this year. Better in the pocket...already runs a pro style offense...and an overall bigger/stronger arm than those two. I'm not saying he can't overcome this off-field nonsense...It just bothers me to say the least.
    i didn't mean to say the off field stuff doesn't matter. just saying the manziel comparison isn't that close because at least winston has some redeeming on-field qualities
    Because he did it in the SEC, which meant a before Winston destroyed that mirage in the le Game
    so did tebow, tim couch, and jamarcus russell

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm not saying I wouldn't spend a "first round" pick on the guy....he's definitely talented enough. I'm just worried about spending the #1 pick on the guy....

Again, hope I'm wrong. Cause he will be picked first overall....that is pretty much set in stone.
    My concern is Tampa being in his hometown/FSU backyard. So he'll have his homeboys around. I have no doubts if he were allowed to ease into the job in a different region of the league, he would be successful.

With that said thank goodness it's not Oakland. Even Luck would have struggles there

Look at all the elite QBs: all except Peyton joined compe ive franchises and most sat on bench

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jameis Winston with a lot of $$$$$. This is going to have a sad ending.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jameis Winston with a lot of $$$$$. This is going to have a sad ending.
    People compare him to Jamarcus but it's completely different. Jamarcus always had suspect drive. I have no doubt Winston will do all required to Win games. But he might have some Roethlisburger type hiccups along the way.

Nothing against Winston, his being an off field idiot aside.
    Just kinda wonder if out of this draft a QB other then he and Mariota will end up doing much better then both of them.

Winston has potential on the field but sure seems like a crap storm is coming off the field.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he'll be aight, that's what the lawyers are for. all the off field stuff didn't distract him or his team this year.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    Does the test use this question:

You have just been accused of rape, the world knows, which one of the following do you do while around crowds in the school cafeteria?

a. Lay low, act humble and polite
    b. Get on a table top and scream _______ that _________. Insert fck; pussy
    c. please don't chose b.

There has to be concern, I think Famous missed this one.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    nah. Jameis will be rookie of the year, believe that.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    People compare him to Jamarcus but it's completely different. Jamarcus always had suspect drive. I have no doubt Winston will do all required to Win games. But he might have some Roethlisburger type hiccups along the way.
    Was Russell who we knew he was, yep! Was Johnny Manziel who we knew he was, yep! Was Andrew Luck who we knew he was (great) yep! So Jameis Winston will be somebody else?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    nah. Jameis will be rookie of the year, believe that.
    So he steps right in and takes over, right?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Was Russell who we knew he was, yep! Was Johnny Manziel who we knew he was, yep! Was Andrew Luck who we knew he was (great) yep! So Jameis Winston will be somebody else?
    Russell and Manziel had/have on the field issues

Winston has off the field issues. I understand suspensions affect your team but none of Winston's behavior has warranted an NFL suspension

Post Count
    Russell and Manziel had/have on the field issues

Winston has off the field issues. I understand suspensions affect your team but none of Winston's behavior has warranted an NFL suspension
    Not yet.
    He might have some court dates later.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not yet.
    He might have some court dates later.
    The rape was a laughable joke. The standing on table was nothing. Stealing of the crab legs was the only action that would have gotten him (probably) suspended

Post Count
    The rape was a laughable joke. The standing on table was nothing. Stealing of the crab legs was the only action that would have gotten him (probably) suspended
    Civil suit pending big guy...
    The accused has filed.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Standing on the table told us he has no idea what's going on. The QB at Florida State University, an NFL future and he acts like a re ed monkey?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Civil suit pending big guy...
    The accused has filed.
    She's fighting this battle because her 2 attorney parents are ashamed of their daughter being a mudshark. They can't come to grips so they are making accusations. This is what it's always been about.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Standing on the table told us he has no idea what's going on. The QB at Florida State University, an NFL future and he acts like a re ed monkey?
    He's the anti-RG3. Black teammates relate to him/his actions

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Avante- yes he will step right in and start. the kid is a born leader, smart and a winner.

like infinite limit said, most of the "trouble" he's had is typical of immature youth. nothing serious. the civil suit is a joke and all the evidence i've seen so far adds up to the chick being a liar. i'll post the info later.

Thread Information