Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff.

Very curious, I wonder what the disagreement about the 2013 championship lost was about?

Clearly, Manu was devastated, maybe he knew that he was partly to blame. Maybe Pop was deflecting blame and that's where the disagreement is from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to Chasky, shipupi, and El Nono.. To El Nono, what does your name mean, just curious.
    Play of words between spanish and italian...

El = The (in spanish)
    Nono = Grandpa (in italian)

It can be fairly common in Argentina to call grandpa like that, due to the major contingent of Italians that ended up in Argentina after WWII (my grandpa was one of them).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Argentina is very European. You would know that because every person from there will tell you so over and over again. It's their precious iden y that sustains them amongst the brown persons of South America

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great stuff.

Very curious, I wonder what the disagreement about the 2013 championship lost was about?

Clearly, Manu was devastated, maybe he knew that he was partly to blame. Maybe Pop was deflecting blame and that's where the disagreement is from?
    More I think about it I'm thinking not fouling, but that's not how they lost the series.

Out of the World
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome read on my favourite Spur, thanks for translating El Nono and Shipupi.

People like you keep this forum as the best source of Spurs-related news!
    Last edited by Quasar; 08-03-2015 at 01:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome read on my favourite Spur, thanks for translating El Nono and Shipupi.

People like you make keep this forum as the best source of Spurs-related news!
    I second this. Thanks for for the translation guys. Great to get the latest from Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for translations, guys.

Great interview as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Argentina is very European. You would know that because every person from there will tell you so over and over again. It's their precious iden y that sustains them amongst the brown persons of South America
    Why so much butthurtness my hermano?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonderful interview

thanks OP and thanks for the translation El Nono and Shipupi

kudos to Manu!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the translation El Nono, you're a stud.

Edit : thanks to Shipupi too.
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-03-2015 at 11:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff! Thanks to both Nono and Shipupi! Thanks for putting in the work to keep us all informed.

And frankly, if anybody has reason to have differences of opinion about 2013, it would be Duncan, not Manu. Duncan (the Spurs all-time leading rebounder) was standing on the sidelines while the Spurs missed arguably the biggest rebound in franchise history, meanwhile Manu was coughing the ball up to Miami all game. But I digress...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff! Thanks to both Nono and Shipupi! Thanks for putting in the work to keep us all informed.

And frankly, if anybody has reason to have differences of opinion about 2013, it would be Duncan, not Manu. Duncan (the Spurs all-time leading rebounder) was standing on the sidelines while the Spurs missed arguably the biggest rebound in franchise history, meanwhile Manu was coughing the ball up to Miami all game. But I digress...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear what the 'disagreement' was all about. Perhaps Manu questioned Pop leaving Tim off the floor for that play, and Pop pointed to other things that went wrong prior to that. Based on everything I've read and understand at this point, that series had an impact on the players and coaches that still linger. I'm sure when there's that much emotion involved in the aftermath of something like that, that there very well could have been arguments about the 'what if's'...even for a group as professional as the Spurs are. It's such a testament to the team that they stuck it out and came back as united and focused as they did. Still amazes me.

Thread Information