Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Have you considered HBO Go or whatever it's called?
    Not really because I have enough "keep me busy" things going on for it to be way down on the list. Just got a 75" LED TV, playstation 4 and 5.1 surround for my study (lol lot of studying happening in there) aka TV room (now). Picking up some wireless headphones to go with it so I can watch late at night without causing a war.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not that I can remember.

These illegal boxes came with a chip that allowed for viewing all the channels from the cable company. You would buy it from the shady guy for say 150 and replace it with the one the company gives you. Worked great until they started zapping the boxes with what they call "electronic bullets."
    Ah. I'm dating myself then. In the 80's, for cable, you got this box with 13 buttons and a selector switch for three levels. So 36 channels. You'd get a box based on your subscription. But all you had to do was open the box and manually tune the channels with a screwdriver. Teenagers dream.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I pay $70 for my cable through Grande in Austin, it's very fast. I have Amazon prime, which I share with some close friends/family, Netflix and HBO now but I don't really watch too much stuff omit even though I have a fire stick I got for $39. One of the people I share prime with lets me use their directv login for fox sports 1 and ESPN or whatever else the login works for. Other than that I watch college/nfl OTA. I cut able 2 and a half years ago.
    I'm running 300Mbps down and whatever dreaming lie they advertise for upload. That's damn near what you pay now, but it's deductible for me since I work from home. Plus I have 4 set top boxes (lol for 2 people, can't be bothered to move the box to the other room or get a transceiver). So I'm a bit media heavy here, it's fine.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ah. I'm dating myself then. In the 80's, for cable, you got this box with 13 buttons and a selector switch for three levels. So 36 channels. You'd get a box based on your subscription. But all you had to do was open the box and manually tune the channels with a screwdriver. Teenagers dream.
    Dating yourself huh? I remember when HBO first came out, Chuck Norris, Force of One, James Ryan, all those martial arts movies I thought were the best movies ever made lol.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not really because I have enough "keep me busy" things going on for it to be way down on the list. Just got a 75" LED TV, playstation 4 and 5.1 surround for my study (lol lot of studying happening in there) aka TV room (now). Picking up some wireless headphones to go with it so I can watch late at night without causing a war.
    Did I hear you mention headphones?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dating yourself huh? I remember when HBO first came out, Chuck Norris, Force of One, James Ryan, all those martial arts movies I thought were the best movies ever made lol.
    Lol. Same. We thought we were watching movie gold because not everyone else got to see it. I remember Fanfare as well.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I have some picked out already. I don't care for the higher end ones for this application. Logitech makes a light pair (H800) that you can get for around 40 dollars. It's got bluetooth and wireless as well as direct connection. Also has a mic. It doesn't drown out ambient sound but I won't have any. It doesn't cup the ear so your ears don't sweat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol. Same. We thought we were watching movie gold because not everyone else got to see it. I remember Fanfare as well.
    I used to go to my friend's house because his ex-con father had it and we'd watch the one or two movies available. That was before he was on America's Most Wanted lol

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I used to go to my friend's house because his ex-con father had it and we'd watch the one or two movies available. That was before he was on America's Most Wanted lol
    Not for stealing cable I presume.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I have some picked out already. I don't care for the higher end ones for this application. Logitech makes a light pair (H800) that you can get for around 40 dollars. It's got bluetooth and wireless as well as direct connection. Also has a mic. It doesn't drown out ambient sound but I won't have any. It doesn't cup the ear so your ears don't sweat.
    Could I be so bold as to recommend a pair of Beats? They are undefeatable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This has to be a top 5 worst shtick forum wide.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Could I be so bold as to recommend a pair of Beats? They are undefeatable.
    I've got 30 pairs already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Not for stealing cable I presume.
    No.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've got 30 pairs already.
    Can I ask for a handout?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can I ask for a handout?
    That doesn't compare to the satisfaction you get when you when your purchase your own pair and get to open the box. In fact, when I'm done listening, I store mine in the original box. So every time I open them, I recapture a small part of the original anticipation as when I opened up my very first pair.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This has to be a top 5 worst shtick forum wide.
    You obviously don't have a pair. What's your email address, I'll fax a pair to you.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That doesn't compare to the satisfaction you get when you when your purchase your own pair and get to open the box. In fact, when I'm done listening, I store mine in the original box. So every time I open them, I recapture a small part of the original anticipation as when I opened up my very first pair.
    I've heard how great they are but I dont buy the hype.

Also have read they get the parts for like 18 dollars then turn that around and stick you with a 200 dollar price. The ?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Also have read they get the parts for like 18 dollars then turn that around and stick you with a 200 dollar price. The ?
    I could never enjoy a set of headphone that I only paid $18 for. So pedestrian.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Name
    Ubuntu
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Orlando Magic
    I'll show you how to watch games in hd..however...they won't be your local broadcasters sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ for 720 to 1080p streams

http://nbahd.com/ for replays.

http://bt.davka.info/ for torrents and downloads of full games.

http://wiziwig2.com/ This site uses ace stream/player to stream nba games in 1080p.

You're welcome mother ers!

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'll show you how to watch games in hd..however...they won't be your local broadcasters sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nbastreams/ for 720 to 1080p streams

http://nbahd.com/ for replays.

http://bt.davka.info/ for torrents and downloads of full games.

http://wiziwig2.com/ This site uses ace stream/player to stream nba games in 1080p.

You're welcome mother ers!
    Appreciate scro.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lots of info itt.

Current uverse bill was going up to around $240 or more for internet/U400 or whatever I have. I don't watch much TV except for spurs games, and several on demand premium shows...

The local spurs games are what was holding me back from cutting cable, but will check out some of the ideas mentioned, thanks!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There are sites out there that sell legit nbaLP, nfl ticket, HBOgo, Netflix, and Comcast xfinity accounts for like $10 Netflix are like $1.50 Comcast xfinity are like a full cable package just streaming on your computer or tablet. Easiest thing to do would be get a vpn $5 bucks a month to switch your ip outside of San Antonio so you can watch spurs games on NBALP, buy a Comcast xfinity account for the rest of your cable channels.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We dropped cable 4 months ago and have rarely missed it. HD antenna was $40 and works great, we even got a TiVo that is compatible with it so we can DVR broadcast shows/sports.

Netflix+Prime+HuluPlus+HBONow+NBA-LP all come in well below what we were paying for Cable before.

I use my parents' password for WatchESPN, but I've been using that less and less. For shows that are current that I can't get on one of the streaming channels (ex: Walking Dead, Fargo), we just subscribe on Amazon. On the rare occasion there's something in sports I want to watch that I can't pick up (ex: Spurs on TNT), I just go to a bar. Compared to paying for cable, a bar tab once or twice a month doesn't really make a huge dent.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Also, for local Spurs games on Fox Sports, I think you can watch those on the Fox Sports Go app. You'd need to borrow someone's cable login.

Thread Information