Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Obviously the team is not very good. A new coach aint polishing this turd in to a contender ... but ...
    Look at the dem Spurs... they sit 4 starters and win on the road. Memphis down key players and they still win games. The celts with definitely better defensive perimeter guys than us but marginal talent overall ... is 3x better than we are.
    It all starts with coaching/front-office. The front office finds the right coach to maximize whatever talent you have even if it's limited talent.

Not only was I firmly against hiring Byron I did not understand why it took soooooooo long for us to do so ...did that mean he wasnt our first choice?
    If not, should I at least be comforted that the Lakers only hired him because we were turned down by someone else ... or disgusted that he was even the back-up plan?

I have said it many times. There is no salary cap on coaches. Lakers should have the best staff in this league by far. Instead of paying non max stars big money go out with your pocket-book and scorch the earth for coaching talent steal Chip from the Spurs Double his salary and lock him in the gym with Randle and Nance. ...whatever it takes. Steal the medical /training staff from the suns. double their salary. Find the best coach period college, NBA assistant, europe I dont give a and triple his salary. IF we come back next year with hopefully a top 2 pick same squad minus Nick Young, Hibbert and Sacre plus a few solid defensive vets. I promise you:

- we still miss playoffs
    - Our record will improve to 28-32 wins
    - We will still suck
    - our players will develop
    - Team will be less horrible to watch

I always appreciated good coaching as a coach myself but these past few years has shown me they are even more critical than I thought. And if Mitch cannot facilitate this because time has passed him by and or the buss family decides to be cheap after signing Kobe to an above market deal then we need to clean house JIm, Mitch will need to follow Byron out the door. I am willing tobe patient waiting for a rebuild bit not with this coach and not if it doesnt seem like we have a clue ...
    Good son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know about that ... but MJ was clearly the greater player if that is what you mean ...
    You came up with it, how would you not know?

Thread Information