Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Orlando getting blown the out these days.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    So the rules were spelled out, the parents let the child disobey the rules by not watching him, and something bad happened because of it. If anyone should file a lawsuit, it should be Disney against the parents for creating negative press and allowing a murder to happen on their grounds because of their negligence.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    maybe just a small mention of alligators on the sign would drive the point. I used to take my kids biking on the banks of the Savannah River which is infested with alligators There were no "no swimming" signs at all, only "Avoid Alligators" signs. They really work, the entire time that biking trail has been there only one kid has ever been bitten and that was because she stepped on a small gator sleeping under some brush.
    Would not surprise me if Disney fully thought about putting "Aligators" signs up, but then in keeping with their theme of "The Most Profitable -err we mean Happiest Place on Earth" corporate heads said no it will ruin the vibe.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "No swimming" sign means just that. That parents decided to let kid wade, swim, whatever.

Dismissed!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    This was revenge for that shot up gorilla imho

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Question... why do these resorts have "beaches" on a swamp? Even if they put up no swimming signs, it's a beach complete with sand and lounge chairs. I believe the seven seas lagoon is man-made, but it's still Florida swamp water full of gators. Even if it's unlikely that a gator attack a person, there's still the possibility.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They found the kid apparently. Intact at the bottom of the lagoon right near where he was taken from. So the alligator dragged him in and let go.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    They found the kid apparently. Intact at the bottom of the lagoon right near where he was taken from. So the alligator dragged him in and let go.
    Sad part is he wasn't found too far from where he was taken. Unbelievable tragedy. I have two kids similar in age and it's heartbreaking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Gator was saving the child for a later snack.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    So the alligator dragged him in and let go.
    Alligators usually kill something and hide it under the mud or underneath a log.

They'll let it decompose a little before actually eating it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dumb parents... whats new?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Alligators usually kill something and hide it under the mud or underneath a log.

They'll let it decompose a little before actually eating it.
    Nothing like an aged steak.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney is going to pay big for forgetting the "Beware of Nature" signs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think it will be important to fully investigate the alligator and his potential ties to Isis and in particular, the local mosques. If it turns out he attended the same mosque as Mateen, there are going to be plenty of questions as to why and how this alligator was allowed to swim near an obvious terrorist target.
    So it's ok to joke about the death of a toddler but if there are 49 of them and they are sexual, it's off limits.

Noted

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So it's ok to joke about the death of a toddler but if there are 49 of them and they are sexual, it's off limits.

Noted
    Toddlers don't have souls

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Noted
    I don't know. You can joke about whatever you want I guess.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    terrible event. tragic loss of human life. family will probably never recover emotionally

predictable cesspool of a thread on spurstalk

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Difficult to grasp this when all I can see if Kozlowski bending over.

Name
    AJ
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    I saw the news break right before I was going to bed last night and couldn't sleep afterwards. My boy is two years old in a month and I put myself in the father's shoes and had the horrible vision of an alligator ripping my son from my hands playing over and over in my head. I don't think I would ever recover from that.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I saw the news break right before I was going to bed last night and couldn't sleep afterwards. My boy is two years old in a month and I put myself in the father's shoes and had the horrible vision of an alligator ripping my son from my hands playing over and over in my head. I don't think I would ever recover from that.
    Would you allow your 2 year old son to swim in a Florida swamp land with signs that say "No Swimming?"

Then no worries. Your son won't be eaten by a gator.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Would you allow your 2 year old son to swim in a Florida swamp land with signs that say "No Swimming?"

Then no worries. Your son won't be eaten by a gator.
    Again, he wasn't swimming. He was walking ankles deep in a man-made, Disney owned and operated beach with his dad right next to him and a lifeguard on duty. I agree though that messing around in florida swamp water is not smart, but when you are from out of state and playing on Disney property, being attacked by a gator isn't what you're thinking about.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Disney says they have a gator control protocal because gators move so freely between the abundant bodies of water, and they relocate about one gator per month. So far they've killed 5 gators out of that lagoon! Not very good control.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    I agree, how is this poor man supposed to go on with his life after watching his little son die in such a horrible, horrible manner. I cannot imagine...RIP

Thread Information