Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where do you go? The only theater that I would sometimes go to that doesn't take it is the Palladium. Drafthouse accepts it which is sweet.

Edit: assuming you're in SA...
    Palladium is the only theatre I go to.. Other than the Silverado 16 all the other theaters in town are polluted with south side mexican trash complete with face and neck tats, and tatted on hairlines who travel across town to mingle with people above their class.. I didn't even park at the Casablanca and already witnessed two knuckleheads about to box in the parking lot

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Embassy is nice.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'll check this out for sure.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate going to the movie when it's crowded. I want open seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me. Buying a "nice expensive ticket" isn't going to get those things for me. Going a couple of weeks after the opening...that has a better shot at working. , I'd pay double the ticket price if I was guaranteed those things.

And I don't care what fancy theater you go to, it's not going to keep someone behind you from waiting until the movie starts to fight with their bag of candy. Or someone deciding to walk down the row when the movie is going. Or some teen checking their phone messages every few seconds.

Just give me an 80% empty theater. I don't care if I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the movie.
    Theatres lower ticket prices after a few weeks? Aside from matinee hours, I can't think of a theatre that lowers the price over a few weeks or at all.

LOL, trying to big time on movie ticket prices.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Theatres lower ticket prices after a few weeks? Aside from matinee hours, I can't think of a theatre that lowers the price over a few weeks or at all.
    Tuesday discounts at Cinemark up here are great, especially with their new recliners.

Moviepass seems almost too good to be true. I don't understand how the money works out between the theaters, studios and the Moviepass people themselves where everyone would be happy.

MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Empty theater >>>>>>>>> x infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>> full theater

Who the goes to the cinema to enjoy the "atmosphere"? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a big cinema guy; I just go there when I have a date or when I just can't wait to see a movie, but when I go I prefer it to be as empty as possible.
    Empty theater is the best. having to share the arm rest with another . srs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Tuesday discounts at Cinemark up here are great, especially with their new recliners.

Moviepass seems almost too good to be true. I don't understand how the money works out between the theaters, studios and the Moviepass people themselves where everyone would be happy.
    Theaters make their money on concessions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The theater gets paid full price. Moviepass eats the cost. Their plan is to have people use it like gym passed. Pay for it but hardly use it. Also sell to people in poor areas where movies still cost less than 10.

Also potentially selling off analytics, linking to social media, etc.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

LOL, trying to big time on movie ticket prices.
    I don't know what the he was talking about.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't know what the he was talking about.
    He rarely does either.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    going to ty, empty movie theaters so you can jerk off in public.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting the "full theater experience"

Mono must be one of those s that needs to watch sports events and movies with a lot of people around while commenting over it and paying more attention to the reaction of people around than to what's happening on the screen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I hate going to the movie when it's crowded. I want open seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me. Buying a "nice expensive ticket" isn't going to get those things for me. Going a couple of weeks after the opening...that has a better shot at working. , I'd pay double the ticket price if I was guaranteed those things.

And I don't care what fancy theater you go to, it's not going to keep someone behind you from waiting until the movie starts to fight with their bag of candy. Or someone deciding to walk down the row when the movie is going. Or some teen checking their phone messages every few seconds.

Just give me an 80% empty theater. I don't care if I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the movie.
    Some movies are cool to watch in a crowd. Like Star Wars opening week and Get Out was fun to see audience reactions to some of the racial and social commentary but yeah most times I don't care

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Mono must be one of those s that needs to watch sports events and movies with a lot of people around while commenting over it and paying more attention to the reaction of people around than to what's happening on the screen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Theaters make their money on concessions
    Right, that's why I don't get how the studios are cool with it. Will likely pick up a pass. Would pay for itself pretty quickly.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans

socially awkward gots, so disgusted by the idea of someone sitting near them and silently enjoying a movie, choose to sit in dark rooms alone by themselves all the time.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Buddy of mine just signed up. He said you order tickets through an app including seat selection. You just physically pick up your ticket (with reserved seat) at the box office last.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process as
    Since when do movie theaters have assigned seating?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    socially awkward gots, so disgusted by the idea of someone sitting near them and silently enjoying a movie, choose to sit in dark rooms alone by themselves all the time.
    "Socially awkward". I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every ing friday and saturday. Trust me, "social awkwardness" isn't the reason I prefer empty theaters, tbh.

I'm just a guy that actually likes to pay full attention to movies and don't want to have s like you next to me laughing, talking, making noises and interfering with my enjoyment of a movie, tbh.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Socially awkward". I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every ing friday and saturday. Trust me, "social awkwardness" isn't the reason I prefer empty theaters, tbh.

I'm just a guy that actually likes to pay full attention to movies and don't want to have s like you next to me laughing, talking, making noises and interfering with my enjoyment of a movie, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    If you don't know who the socially awkward got in the room is, it's probably you. Just accept that people don't want to sit next to gots like you, dude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every ing friday and saturday.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    move to a less ty area, Dunning-Kruger.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I get together with friends three times per week and go clubbing almost every ing friday and saturday.
    this is just incredible. “I aint socially awkward, I get drunk with my -bros 3 times a week!”

Thread Information