Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry's 2017 playoff run was the 2nd GOAT at the PG position, only behind 1987 Magic..his 2015 run is probably better than any PG other than Magic, as well..nobody else is anywhere near the discussion..

At the end of the day, he's still a PG, though, and that will always be the easiest position to exploit on the basketball court..there's a reason him and Magic are the only PGs to ever lead teams to a le as the focal point..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an undersized guard who couldn't take the pounding in a tougher NBA. And nobody cares about guarding his 32 percent 25 footers if he's not getting the bonus point. Come to terms, bro.

Maybe he wouldn't had lasted in the Jordan era NBA. But to say no team wouldn't take him in a NY minute now is going a little far. Dude is pretty much unguardable when he gets going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry's 2017 playoff run was the 2nd GOAT at the PG position, only behind 1987 Magic..his 2015 run is probably better than any PG other than Magic, as well..nobody else is anywhere near the discussion..

At the end of the day, he's still a PG, though, and that will always be the easiest position to exploit on the basketball court..there's a reason him and Magic are the only PGs to ever lead teams to a le as the focal point..
    Isiah?

If talking about focal points, Chauncey billups, Dennis Johnson also did it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Johnson is going to be directly compared to a small guard, then why not James? He's always been a de facto PG on offense, too.

Not really. In '15, they didn't play an elite team (the Irving and Love injuries disqualified the Cavaliers). In '17, only the Cavaliers fit that criteria (the Leonard and Parker injuries disqualified the Spurs). Curry and Durant were something like co-best players throughout the run, but the latter was clearly the best in the Finals.

Thomas is the only small guard, who was the definitive focal point, to lead a team to a championship(s) in the modern era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Johnson is going to be directly compared to a small guard, then why not James? He's always been a de facto PG on offense, too.

Not really. In '15, they didn't play an elite team (the Irving and Love injuries disqualified the Cavaliers). In '17, only the Cavaliers fit that criteria (the Leonard and Parker injuries disqualified the Spurs). Curry and Durant were something like co-best players throughout the run, but the latter was clearly the best in the Finals.

Thomas is the only small guard, who was the definitive focal point, to lead a team to a championship(s) in the modern era.
    Huh? I don't understand your last statement..Curry wasn't the focal point of the 2015 Warriors? He led them in shots and points by a huge margin..he averaged 10 PPG over the 2nd leading scorer IIRC..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "focal point" has never even been the best player on his team . Curry lost FMVP during his MVP season to Andre in' Iguodala

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? I don't understand your last statement..Curry wasn't the focal point of the 2015 Warriors? He led them in shots and points by a huge margin..he averaged 10 PPG over the 2nd leading scorer IIRC..
    Not really. In '15, they didn't play an elite team (the Irving and Love injuries disqualified the Cavaliers).

In other words, that championship wasn't legitimate because they didn't have to beat a single notable team to earn it.

Durant and them tainted their "legacies" by aligning because there's no way of knowing what they'd have gone on to do otherwise. Everything they do with him, will just be because of their gargantuan talent advantage.

Thread Information