Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is making up about the 2000 election. . Still butthurt I guess.
    Al Gore wanted to only recount selected Dem counties.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj later that day said that no one had officially asked the Spurs for a trade.
    Because Uncle Dennis is a chicken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Nothing has ever officially come from the Kawhi camp or the Spurs camp...and when it has, it was positive

2. ESPN is in L.A.

3. the media definitely wants Kawhi gone... And their reporting has been very skewed and assumptions were presented as fact...

4. It reminds me of when Fox News said George Bush won the presidency, and the other media outlets ran with it although afterwards we saw that all the votes from Florida weren't counted yet... And that Gore seemingly won it... But the presidency was already called... My theory is that ESPN (in LA) decided to pull a fox News and say Kawhi wants a trade to LA... Even though this was never mentioned to the Spurs or anyone else in particular... Think about it... NO ONE knows the source of the story... ESPN randomly said it after things seemed to be looking up for Kawhi resigning
    This is a lot of text to say "wait and see".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't a media fabrication. It's Kawhi's group playing games and trying to orchestrate his exit to a preferred destination through the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failed on your first sentence. Whose camp do you think is leaking the trade request?
    That's my point... It may not have even been leaked... It may be complete speculation... They would have to have had a source... And they never did... Woj never said who or how he heard it... He simply said it... And the Spurs completely denied even having such a request... And Kawhi's camp has been fairly consistent in not saying anything to the media... Not even the positive things... They have just been letting people talk for the most part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't a media fabrication. It's Kawhi's group playing games and trying to orchestrate his exit to a preferred destination through the media.
    If that was the case, Woj would simply say THEY told him so... But he never once cited the source of his claim... He simply stated it as fact... Fishy how this 180 came about out of nowhere... Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that was the case, Woj would simply say THEY told him so... But he never once cited the source of his claim... He simply stated it as fact... Fishy how this 180 came about out of nowhere... Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs
    What talks? Leonard refusing to meet Pop is talks going positively?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you're semen shielding a snake and a fraud. Stop it and support your team. Front of the jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What talks? Leonard refusing to meet Pop is talks going positively?
    I meant reports... Not talks... And they agreed to meet... Just not by himself... That's very different from refusing to meet... All the reports that were coming out were saying Kawhi was expected to sign the contract... He was in constant talk with pop and the Spurs the past several weeks, etc... Then almost with desperation, ESPN out of Los Angeles drops this story with no sources? GTFOH

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even after seeing how positively talks were going for the Spurs
    I'm guessing that your'e referring to the leaks about how Kawhi was amenable to a supermax contract...but if that's the case, you want to believe that leak, but not others? Kind of cherrypicking which leaks to believe, aren't you?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its middle school gossip tactics.

LMA at least was direct enough to voice his issues. Kwahi/group is playing silly games.

Almost feels by extension :

http://puresweatbasketball.com/ps-bl...disease-of-me/

His group more than Kwahi by all accounts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant reports... Not talks... And they agreed to meet... Just not by himself... That's very different from refusing to meet... All the reports that were coming out were saying Kawhi was expected to sign the contract... He was in constant talk with pop and the Spurs the past several weeks, etc... Then almost with desperation, ESPN out of Los Angeles drops this story with no sources? GTFOH
    Everything Leonard has done for the past few months had indicated he is gone. One report Uncle Dennis leaked saying he really did want to be back doesn't undo that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for the record MSNBC called Florida for Gore before the Florida panhandle vote was counted-a Bush stronghold. Subsequent recounts increased the winning margin for Bush each of 3 times.
    Lol. And old Jewish liberals voted for Pat Buchanan.

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is, that there still is no legit info on the situation. But the situation itself is strange. Lack of legit info is strange. The group and uncle thing is strange.

He wants out. Himself saying he wants to stay in San Antonio. What has changed since that interview? Jalen saying it was long ago he wants out. Well damn - is that some kind of game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the age of Dan Gilbert and Levar, you have the most tight-mouthed star in history dealing with the most tight-lipped organization in history. It's a silent staredown.

That's why it seems strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All i want to say would be this has gone on far too long and been blown way out of proportion in either direction and there would be such a cloud of doubt if he were to resign. Too damage no matter who's to blame has been done at this point.. I just feel for the SPURS fan who supports the team, because you never get equal value in return when these things occur. And we might see the end of an era all together. Pop tenure coming to an end, TP leaving Manu leaving and now KL.. Spurs are going back to early to mid 90's Spurs team. Does anyone recall a marquee player on the roster outside of DR, neither do I...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're absolutely correct except for the bold part.
    If Kawhi somehow joins Lebron and PG13 in any franchise (if healthy), they will become legends, sweeping the so-called "most stacked team of history" and no one will be able to do anything to stop it.
    GS has the edge still.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its middle school gossip tactics.

LMA at least was direct enough to voice his issues. Kwahi/group is playing silly games.

Almost feels by extension :

http://puresweatbasketball.com/ps-bl...disease-of-me/

His group more than Kwahi by all accounts.
    LMA DIDNT vouce his issues...wtf are u talking about?? he and Pop ONLY talked AFTER no one wanted him in a trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA DIDNT vouce his issues...wtf are u talking about?? he and Pop ONLY talked AFTER no one wanted him in a trade
    That is incorrect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was more quiet about it and willing to sit with Kwahi.

Kwahi is just avoiding everyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Nothing has ever officially come from the Kawhi camp or the Spurs camp...and when it has, it was positive

2. ESPN is in L.A.

3. the media definitely wants Kawhi gone... And their reporting has been very skewed and assumptions were presented as fact...

4. It reminds me of when Fox News said George Bush won the presidency, and the other media outlets ran with it although afterwards we saw that all the votes from Florida weren't counted yet... And that Gore seemingly won it... But the presidency was already called... My theory is that ESPN (in LA) decided to pull a fox News and say Kawhi wants a trade to LA... Even though this was never mentioned to the Spurs or anyone else in particular... Think about it... NO ONE knows the source of the story... ESPN randomly said it after things seemed to be looking up for Kawhi resigning
    i leave the country for 8 days and come back to this madness. i actually posted on another thread about how jabari young last night didn't even back up his own report all that categorically and then went on a rant about all pop has to do is iron it all out with kawhi and his mom and uncle and then leonard would stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has the edge still.......
    no way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is incorrect.
    Dude... LMA was disgruntled the entire season and didn't give a reason for wanting to be traded... Everything happened afterwards in terms of him and Pop talking... And when no one wanted him, they hashed it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA gave up last years playoffs, maybe to emphasize that the system didn’t work for him and couldn’t wait for the season to end to get out. He had his talk, Pop tweaked the system to get him touches and he balled last season. I respect him for carrying the team to the playoffs but he’s no soldier like DRob, TD, Manu and Parker. But I guess Spurs fans are spoiled because of that and we expect too much from our Spurs players. I’m not gonna judge Kawhi until it comes from him that he wants out. I still believe he wants to stay a Spur but pressured by his father-image Uncle Dennis and the family was grateful. I’d say pay the guy and fire because he’s an amateur and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Pops and the players will get through to Kawhi I’m sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA gave up last years playoffs, maybe to emphasize that the system didn’t work for him and couldn’t wait for the season to end to get out. He had his talk, Pop tweaked the system to get him touches and he balled last season. I respect him for carrying the team to the playoffs but he’s no soldier like DRob, TD, Manu and Parker. But I guess Spurs fans are spoiled because of that and we expect too much from our Spurs players. I’m not gonna judge Kawhi until it comes from him that he wants out. I still believe he wants to stay a Spur but pressured by his father-image Uncle Dennis and the family was grateful. I’d say pay the guy and fire because he’s an amateur and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Pops and the players will get through to Kawhi I’m sure.
    I do believe his uncle is the one responsible for all of this but the problem is removing his uncle from this situation.

Thread Information