Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the F/O manages to unload him this summer then all is forgiven. Makes up for their indiscretion on Gasol's extension and whatever role they played in the Leonard spat.

I don't really dislike DeRozan but he just doesn't fit this program... too square peg-ish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be a great fit on the Bucks imo Maybe Bud can do us another solid like the Gasol dump.
    Pau was just a promise at a chance for a ring for the vet minimum.

Bud is not touching DeRozan's contract with a 10 foot pole.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Windhorst Lakers rumor and this from Marks, I wonder if there is something to that smoke. I highly doubt the Spurs could get the No. 4 pick for DeRozan but if the Lakers strike out on free agency (it's possible with the dumpster fire that is roaring there), maybe they opt for DeRozan and give the Spurs an asset to make it happen. The Spurs then go out and get someone who fits better alongside the young core (Bogdonavic would qualify due to his shooting).

In addition to his obvious poor fit with James, would the Lakers be able to swallow their pride and do business with the Spurs after the fiasco from a year ago?

Besides cap space, Spurs would need a more tangible quality asset as much for PR as anything. I suspect the best the Lakers would do, is something like their '20 1st lottery or at least top 10 protected.

What do you legit think they could get for him? I don't know if they could get a win-now player who'd make sense, and I think 19 is already in the range they're going to be able to command.
    I suspect the Hornets are desperate enough and Jordan/Kupchak are old school enough to over value him enough to do 12 . . . but the Spurs would have to take back 1-2 of their unsavory contracts. The worse the contracts, obviously the more assets they could try to squeeze, but then that doesn't create the space for Bogdanovic.

If they're not deadest on him, they could take Batum, but at that point they'd need to attach either Bridges or something like a top 10 protected '21 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you legit think they could get for him? I don't know if they could get a win-now player who'd make sense, and I think 19 is already in the range they're going to be able to command.
    I'm pretty confident that DeRozan is more valuable than a straight-up salary dump. I'm also pretty confident he's not worth as much as the No. 4 pick. A mid first rounder is a fair assessment right now, IMO.

DeRozan to the Lakers if they strike out on all the max free agents for a top 14 protected first rounder ... who says no? I think it's safe to say Pelinka has to come up with something this summer -- he can't just sign up the Meme Team 2.0 to one-year contracts again and hope to keep his job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar, poeltl, a protected 1st rounder for green, kawhi, and $5 million. who says no?
    The Raps would never give us $5 million. What front office would ever be stupid enough to do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau was just a promise at a chance for a ring for the vet minimum.

Bud is not touching DeRozan's contract with a 10 foot pole.
    Appears they would be over the luxury tax threshold as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to his obvious poor fit with James, would the Lakers be able to swallow their pride and do business with the Spurs after the fiasco from a year ago?
    Legit question, tbh. Also remember that Pop supposedly told Monty Williams not to accept the Lakers head coaching gig ... so there are some really fresh wounds there.

But if the Lakers are desperate enough to land a "star" player to complement LeBron, perhaps they could overlook it.

It's a long-shot but it could be the collision of two desperate teams, where the Spurs are desperate to put together a better fitting roster while avoid committing to DeRozan long-term.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been quiet. I haven't heard anything regarding Derozan being moved. I think info regarding trades and signings will start coming out closer to the draft and June 30th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Appears they would be over the luxury tax threshold as well.
    That depends on how many of their Free Agents they re-sign.

Middleton,Lopez,Mirotic,Georgie Hill UFA and Brogdon RFA.

Giannis wants them all back and a chance at the ECF with the same core and that would put them deep into Luxury tax even without Mirotic-who they won't re-sign regardless.

(Then again Giannis wanted to save Kidd's job and talk to the FO on his behalf,so he should stick to playing basketball and leave the FO alone to do their thing)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR imho is worth the Lakers pick...this draft is considerd a top three picks draft...from 4 to 20 the names change every mock I see, except for the two playmakes that are quite always put on the first 7 names. Also Hunter slips in a lot of mocks to 8...
    I don't like DDR game like a lot of us, but he still has then skills to be a first option for some years in a lot of nba teams...like his numbers are still telling.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are really overestimating DeRozan's value

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I been saying Bogdanović and one of Thad Young or Marcus Morris would do a whole lot more for the team than DeRozan at 29 million. The problem is Bogdanović is 30 and since Oladipo went down he was the main option on the Pacers, so he'll demand a salary around 18-20 million I suppose. If you can get him cheaper that would be a nice deal.

Spurs would have to either dump DeRozan for a pick to open up cap space or do a sign and trade with Indiana. I could see the Pacers being interested in DeMar, since they are looking for go-to-guys and have plenty of depth. Not sure how serious this rumor is tbh.

If they can really trade him for a draft pick that means Spurs would have some more cap space to bring in a player or two and a high draft pick as well. That would improve the team quite a lot. Need a defensive combo forward that can play with Bojan. Thad Young + Bogdanovic for DeRozan might be a possibility
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 06-07-2019 at 05:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty confident that DeRozan is more valuable than a straight-up salary dump. I'm also pretty confident he's not worth as much as the No. 4 pick. A mid first rounder is a fair assessment right now, IMO.

DeRozan to the Lakers if they strike out on all the max free agents for a top 14 protected first rounder ... who says no? I think it's safe to say Pelinka has to come up with something this summer -- he can't just sign up the Meme Team 2.0 to one-year contracts again and hope to keep his job.
    I wouldn't dump DeRozan for cap space and a future pick that has little upside with that protection. If that pick is like 25 or whatever, I won't consider it worth more than just letting DeRozan walk next year. He's a bad fit in the sense that the team isn't as good as the sum of its parts with him, Murray and Aldridge starting. But he's not so bad as to not improve the team over just a generic guy. It's hard for me to see them moving DeRozan with the idea of signing an okayish dude like Boganovic. I mean, sure, sending him to LAL is good PR, but they'd have to give someone tangible back. Kuzma makes sense, though I dislike him. He helps bolster the offense, has size to play the four and can space the floor well enough to make Murray and Poeltl or another non-shooter like Clarke work.

My question was more like if the Spurs were still motivated by the same things that made them accept the Leonard trade, what could they reasonably bring back that is worth making a move? I don't think a pick as the main or sole incentive will make sense to them with Aldridge's age and desire to go back to Portland within a couple of years. Is there another win-nowish trade PATFO can make that just fits better? DeMar is not in Leonard's tier, but he's also not injured and doesn't want to sign with just one team. Does give him enough value to entice a team with a player who would potentially make the Spurs better?

I think there are teams that will value DeRozan decently well because their goal is just to be a solid playoff team rather than a contender. Orlando comes to mind, as does Charlotte and Miami. Detroit and MKE are on the list too. I just don't see a win-now trade from that list except maybe a deal involving a Middleton S&T or an Aaron Gordon package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are really overestimating DeRozan's value
    Real-talk: What do you think he could bring back, and what do you think PATFO would accept for him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Derozan is a very good player and the Spurs are good with him. However, he is a bad fit. You either move Aldridge or you move Derozan. The Spurs will have an easier time moving Derozan and seems like they'd be more loyal to LaMarcus. The Spurs need a true SF who can create their own shot, but also hit threes. Unfortunately for Derozan he can't shoot the three.

That being said I really hope they don't go after a 30 year old Bogdanovic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That depends on how many of their Free Agents they re-sign.

Middleton,Lopez,Mirotic,Georgie Hill UFA and Brogdon RFA.

Giannis wants them all back and a chance at the ECF with the same core and that would put them deep into Luxury tax even without Mirotic-who they won't re-sign regardless.

(Then again Giannis wanted to save Kidd's job and talk to the FO on his behalf,so he should stick to playing basketball and leave the FO alone to do their thing)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll wait for TSpence tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Derozan and/or his agent have been talking to the Spurs regarding these rumors. Dude has confessed to suffer from depression and was really hurt by the Raptors after they told him he wasn't going to be traded last off-season. Imagine how that guy is feeling right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Derozan and/or his agent have been talking to the Spurs regarding these rumors. Dude has confessed to suffer from depression and was really hurt by the Raptors after they told him he wasn't going to be traded last off-season. Imagine how that guy is feeling right now.
    hopefully bad enough to want to leave. he can and moan somewhere else

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lakers would take him if they strike out this offseason (i don't think they will).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll believe it when I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unwanted,inadequate,unable to bring success to his team,an overpaid player that what he brings to the table are simply not enough skill wise and spirit wise?
    Well at least he is in touch with reality.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you aren't going to extend him, trading him this summer actually makes a whole lot of sense . . .
    Indeed, the intel we should all be scouting for is info about Demar’s extension talks. Everything flows from that

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan, our #19, our #29 to Atlanta for #8 and #10

A core of Murray, White, Walker, Hachimura, Little, Poetl would be fan ing tastic. Spurs would have essentially flipped Kawhi and Green for 3 first rounders in the Top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So from kawhi to derozan to bogdanovic!?

Thread Information