Classy org
    Wonder how this will effect getting free
    Agents

Will Thompson bolt now?
    Will all players get 3 doctor s take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This happened on the light years ahead organization too. Looks like Kawhi is more vindicated than ever to protect his career from the meddling hands of a franchise's medical staff. The bottom line is it's still ownership who cut the checks of the team doctors, and ownership have their own priorities. I hope Durant sues Joe Lacob and the executive board for gross negligence at the minimum, criminal culpability to medical malpractice at max.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This happened on the light years ahead organization too. Looks like Kawhi is more vindicated than ever to protect his career from the meddling hands of a franchise's medical staff. The bottom line is it's still ownership who cut the checks of the team doctors, and ownership have their own priorities. I hope Durant sues Joe Lacob and the executive board for gross negligence at the minimum, criminal culpability to medical malpractice at max.
    Sue him? He still will be offered the max from the Knicks if he wants it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sue him? He still will be offered the max from the Knicks if he wants it.
    So what, that Dolan's business. Dolan wasn't taking out full page broadsheet ads and talking to Stephen A. Smith guaranteeing Durant would not miss the Finals, Lacob was.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He is more than justified to opt-in, and heal on company time now.

But this is a difficult injury which might have ruined his peak level forever. He'll still be a great shooter, but I wonder if he will be ever to move as fluidly as he does for a 7-footer ever again. There is no good track record with any of this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    $200 million guaranteed just turned into 1 year $10 million.
    He has a $31 million player option

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t he suffer a Jones Fracture before? Then people were saying the same thing, that he would never be the same player again. That ended up not being true.

Durant will most likely opt into his contract, rehab for nine months, then return to the court by March 2020. By then, he’ll be leading the Warriors in another playoff run. This could be a blessing in disguise for GS, who were seen as likely to lose him in free agency, but will now get to keep him for another year at least.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is more than justified to opt-in, and heal on company time now.

But this is a difficult injury which might have ruined his peak level forever. He'll still be a great shooter, but I wonder if he will be ever to move as fluidly as he does for a 7-footer ever again. There is no good track record with any of this.
    Might have? His career as a superstar is over.

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t he suffer a Jones Fracture before? Then people were saying the same thing, that he would never be the same player again. That ended up not being true.

Durant will most likely opt into his contract, rehab for nine months, then return to the court by March 2020. By then, he’ll be leading the Warriors in another playoff run. This could be a blessing in disguise for GS, who were seen as likely to lose him in free agency, but will now get to keep him for another year at least.
    I could see this happening, though I would expect desperate teams like the Knicks and Lakers to offer him a 4-year max of 164 mil, which could be tempting for him if the Warriors start to low-ball due to the achilles. Warriors need to throw the supermax at him right now because otherwise they'll be riding an aged version of the 2015 squad with no Harrison Barnes and a bunch of vet min players, Iguodala's already washed as is Livingston.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This assuredly will affect the Dubs in the present and future, salary cap wise. If the Dubs go on and cut down the nets, Klay AND Donkey presumably would have played major roles. Both will want maxes and deservedly so.

Enter KD's $31.5 million dollar player option for next season. I'm 100% certain he'll execute it if his Achilles is torn then heal on company time.

I know their owners are loaded, but, Chef is on a supermax, Donkey and Klay both gets a max, and have to pay KD to be the most expensive cheerleader in the world? The luxury taxes will be huge - and might make them blink on Donkey, at least.

I was also thinking after KD bolts for NY it would open up his $31 million to fill holes on their bench (who are slowly turning into TOSBs before our eyes ). Now they can't sign new blood that's of any significance to fortify their bench - to bring back their core.

Light Years Ahead, Inc, has some tough decisions to make this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit I thought him going to the Warriors was weak as but that is sad what happened. I never want to see stuff like this happen to people and it's even sadder with this situation because he was really trying to help his team. Smh.

Sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said in another thread, people gonna say “see, Kawhi was right to sit out last season. Look what happened to KD.”

It’s coming.
    Of course it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This assuredly will affect the Dubs in the present and future, salary cap wise. If the Dubs go on and cut down the nets, Klay AND Donkey presumably would have played major roles. Both will want maxes and deservedly so.

Enter KD's $31.5 million dollar player option for next season. I'm 100% certain he'll execute it if his Achilles is torn then heal on company time.

I know their owners are loaded, but, Chef is on a supermax, Donkey and Klay both gets a max, and have to pay KD to be the most expensive cheerleader in the world? The luxury taxes will be huge - and might make them blink on Donkey, at least.

I was also thinking after KD bolts for NY it would open up his $31 million to fill holes on their bench (who are slowly turning into TOSBs before our eyes ). Now they can't sign new blood that's of any significance to fortify their bench - to bring back their core.

Light Years Ahead, Inc, has some tough decisions to make this offseason.
    Green can't opt out this summer. Only Klay and Servant. Also if Durant walked it wouldn't have opened up a cent of capspace.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Green can't opt out this summer. Only Klay and Servant. Also if Durant walked it wouldn't have opened up a cent of capspace.
    Even worse for them then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this mean Durants continued show down with VanVleet is off?
    KD gangsta as starin down VV.
    Addins to his legacy.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that got. I hope his career is over.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

what

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. If he tore his Achilles, this is freaking crazy. If they rushed him back, then I wonder what the repercussions would be? This could possibly ruin his career.

Lol I have no sympathy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. If he tore his Achilles, this is freaking crazy. If they rushed him back, then I wonder what the repercussions would be? This could possibly ruin his career.
    Possibly? His career is destroyed if that's a tear. Damn their doctors really ed up. Everyone immediately thought achilles in the Houston series so how could they not see that? And them, I'm glad karma bit them in the ass after they ed the Spurs over by taking Leonard out in the 2017 WCF.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Possibly? His career is destroyed if that's a tear. Damn their doctors really ed up. Everyone immediately thought achilles in the Houston series so how could they not see that? And them, I'm glad karma bit them in the ass after they ed the Spurs over by taking Leonard out in the 2017 WCF.
    Not only that. They didn’t even put him in a minutes restriction after an injury like that. They declared him a full go. They also cleared Looney to play with a broken collarbone in which he re injured himself. Desperation.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    GS media was also pressuring him to play.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And this wasn’t even a situation where GS was going for their first ring. Already having been there multiple times still decided to risk his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker's injury was 100 times worse than Durant's.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And here it comes. Durant experienced foot discomfort during rehab

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...roughout-Rehab

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL Knicks fans are cursed

Thread Information