Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just wrote pretty much the same thing in the other thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: " Pop is behind the times, the Spurs need to shoot more threes! "

Also Spurs fans: " Why do the Spurs have these one-dimensional three-point shooters on the roster? "

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was surprised after I hit post, that's all.

Like I said, trying to make lemonade. I thought about this as a lark yesterday but I'm warming up to it more and more.

What's your plan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: " Pop is behind the times, the Spurs need to shoot more threes! "

Also Spurs fans: " Why do the Spurs have these one-dimensional three-point shooters on the roster? "

And

Spurs need ballas!

Why can't Spurs keep ballas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like I said, trying to make lemonade. I thought about this as a lark yesterday but I'm warming up to it more and more.

What's your plan?
    im in around tbh

my plan is to prayingdog.jpg that the knicks falls apart and we land morris. other than that, i dont know that bullock moves the needle. just adds redundancy. i prefer singleton who can at least occupy the position morris was meant to and bertans vacated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like I said, trying to make lemonade.

What's your plan?
    1st: we hit the power with a mini EMP.
    It won't last long, but it will give us time to get through the initial barriers and shut down some cameras while the chaos is riding high...

Wait... you're talking about something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There could still be situations where his three-point shot is needed, especially with Bertans gone. Unless you're cool with playing 1980s ball, tbh.
    They have Fatty and your boy Bryn, right? I expect improvement from DWhite and Lonnie looks like he can at least be respectable from deep.

Sure, it's nice to have Beli as your 12th man to call upon if needed but if he's on the roster, I'd be more afraid of Pop playing him in front of Walker as soon as Lonnie shows any emotion after a big shot tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    im in around tbh

my plan is to prayingdog.jpg that the knicks falls apart and we land morris. other than that, i dont know that bullock moves the needle. just adds redundancy. i prefer singleton who can at least occupy the position morris was meant to and bertans vacated
    That would be great if he's even under consideration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion: that haircut is stupid.

Same goes for Lonnie tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And I really don't know why grown men care so much about other men's hair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unpopular opinion: that haircut is stupid.

Same goes for Lonnie tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no chance. dude is basically belinelli but without the #coffeegang factor
    I never once saw Beli in a coffeegang photo tbh. Maybe Pop might play Lonnie ahead of him after all...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be great if he's even under consideration.
    as opposed to bullock who wouldn't be moving the needle if he's even under consideration? do we have any indication that bullock is on the spurs radar any more than singleton is?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    as opposed to bullock who wouldn't be moving the needle if he's even under consideration? do we have any indication that bullock is on the spurs radar any more than singleton is?
    No.

Everything I have said is my own wishcasting.

I thought this was understood on a sports message board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Fatty and your boy Bryn, right? I expect improvement from DWhite and Lonnie looks like he can at least be respectable from deep.

Sure, it's nice to have Beli as your 12th man to call upon if needed but if he's on the roster, I'd be more afraid of Pop playing him in front of Walker as soon as Lonnie shows any emotion after a big shot tbh.
    Belinelli is the most prolific three-point shooter of the bunch. Forbes is actually underwhelming in terms of volume.

The Spurs were last in the league in attempts last season. You take away Belinelli and Bertans -- and give Mills a lesser role (very likely to happen despite the shtick due to increased minutes for Murry and White) -- and you're looking at a team that shoots significantly fewer threes.

You good with that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Everything I have said is my own wishcasting.

I thought this was understood on a sports message board.
    if we're just wishcasting way as well aim higher than a marco replacement while we still have a marco lying around

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if we're just wishcasting way as well aim higher than a marco replacement while we still have a marco lying around
    Singleton isn't exactly shooting for the moon tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Singleton isn't exactly shooting for the moon tbh.
    but he actually addresses the present concern (the void left by morris renege and bertans trade), unlike bullock

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    but he actually addresses the present concern (the void left by morris renege and bertans trade), unlike bullock
    Does he?

I guess we can hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many million need to be put aside for a guy like Singleton who averaged 9 and 4 in Europe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli is the most prolific three-point shooter of the bunch. Forbes is actually underwhelming in terms of volume.

The Spurs were last in the league in attempts last season. You take away Belinelli and Bertans -- and give Mills a lesser role (very likely to happen despite the shtick due to increased minutes for Murry and White) -- and you're looking at a team that shoots significantly fewer threes.

You good with that?
    I disagree with the significantly fewer threes assertion especially if DWhite, Derozan, and Dejounte have been asked to work on outside shooting. Add in Lonnie who looks to have a respectable appe e from shooting outside....

But even playing along with your scenario, ...You're telling me the Spurs replace Beli and Bertans in the rotation with Dejounte/Walker/Demarre and the trade off is less 3s? Yeah I'm good with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How many million need to be put aside for a guy like Singleton who averaged 9 and 4 in Europe?
    I'm squinting and aside from the improved 3 point shooting at the Euro arc, it's difficult to tell him apart from 22-23 year old reclamation projects we should be able to get for the minimum. Granted I only really saw highlight videos for any of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with the significantly fewer threes assertion especially if DWhite, Derozan, and Dejounte have been asked to work on outside shooting. Add in Lonnie who looks to have a respectable appe e from shooting outside....
    The math doesn't work out unless you're factoring in one of those guys taking a huge jump, tbh.

But even playing along with your scenario, ...You're telling me the Spurs replace Beli and Bertans in the rotation with Dejounte/Walker/Demarre and the trade off is less 3s? Yeah I'm good with that.
    Alright, I'll remember this. Should come in handy at some point next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not much tbh

Thread Information