Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why i said throw in Murray/poodle and a first. They obviously wont bite ,but what does it hurt
    Why would the Spurs, who are on the precipice of a re-build, give up 3 young assets for 1 prime one?

They'd be better off paying Poeltl, who's 3 years younger, 1/3 the rate and getting something like 2/3rds or 3/4ths the caliber of play, plus retaining Murray and an unprotected 1st (with where they're likely to be drafting in the next few years, this could end up a high pick and a star).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs, who are on the precipice of a re-build, give up 3 young assets for 1 prime one?

They'd be better off paying Poeltl, who's 3 years younger, 1/3 the rate and getting something like 2/3rds or 3/4ths the caliber of play, plus retaining Murray and an unprotected 1st (with where they're likely to be drafting in the next few years, this could end up a high pick and a star).
    first off ,the jazz arent even trying to mve gobert. Im just saying hypothetically this is what it would probably take. Not saying utah or sa would actually do it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    first off ,the jazz arent even trying to mve gobert. Im just saying hypothetically this is what it would probably take. Not saying utah or sa would actually do it
    But you're advocating it.

Again, if push comes to shove, I actually think the Jazz would do this (they might prefer White to Murray though).

Short of Davis, Jokic, Embiid, Towns, bigs have limited value nowadays and even though Gobert is closer in caliber to them than Capela and Drummond, he's more similar stylistically to the latter, who both just fetched minimal returns.

For a team trying to win now, I don't see them doing better than two young, plug and play pieces that they could use, plus an unprotected 1st . . . but the Spurs wouldn't offer that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you're advocating it.

Again, if push comes to shove, I actually think the Jazz would do this (they might prefer White to Murray though).

Short of Davis, Jokic, Embiid, Towns, bigs have limited value nowadays and even though Gobert is closer in caliber to them than Capela and Drummond, he's more similar stylistically to the latter, who both just fetched minimal returns.

For a team trying to win now, I don't see them doing better than two young, plug and play pieces that they could use, plus an unprotected 1st . . . but the Spurs wouldn't offer that.
    nope ,love me some poodle POWER,but just saying utah isnt giving up a 2x dpoy and allstar for nothing. Ok well drop the pick ...do you feel better? Replace murray with white,and poodle for gobert
    Last edited by slick'81; 04-11-2020 at 07:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    may be true-

but if he is making “demands”

maybe he wont be the smart choice-

gobert apologized and isnt a horrible player- he is still a decent big man to build around if mitc becomes a prima donna
    You don’t have any idea of how this league, outside of SA, operates. The Prima Donnas run the show.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t have any idea of how this league, outside of SA, operates. The Prima Donnas run the show.

sadly

you are probably correct

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep none of that aloud here Pop will make sure he is the only prima dona.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope ,love me some poodle POWER,but just saying utah isnt giving up a 2x dpoy and allstar for nothing. Ok well drop the pick ...do you feel better? Replace murray with white,and poodle for gobert
    Without the pick, it becomes debatable, but the Jazz wouldn't do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without the pick, it becomes debatable, but the Jazz wouldn't do it.

Yup. Id be more willing to back poodle if the spurs played him more then 15mpg. Lma is still progress stopping poodle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Id be more willing to back poodle if the spurs played him more then 15mpg. Lma is still progress stopping poodle
    If they're smart enough to re-sign him (doubtful), they will because Aldridge has at most one season remaining as a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is little evidence that it’s Gobert’s fault. He was likely positive 2-5 days prior to his press antics. It’s actually more likely that Mitc infected Gobert since Mitc was asymptomatic.

Mitc ’s being petty and ignorant about the whole thing.
    I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but I will say it was a bad look for Gobert doing what he did right before all that came out. Doesn't necessarily mean he's at fault, it could've just been bad timing for his stupid joke. Who knows what the actual situation is between them.

Thread Information