Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is a Horton-Tucker? Is that a Canadian euphemism or something?
    Oh, it's a basketball player no outside of his family has ever heard of.

In other news, I have a hard time seeing Doc Rivers lose to Horton-Tucker and Frank Vogel. It still hurts......
    I think it's a Dr Seuss character

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it could be worse, if Kawhi joined Lebron and Davis we would be watching the beginning of a probable 3peat .... in the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it could be worse, if Kawhi joined Lebron and Davis we would be watching the beginning of a probable 3peat .... in the Lakers.
    Agreed. I'm not rooting for either the Lakers or Clippers but the consolation prize is going to see either Lebron or #2 lose. We definitely would not have gotten that like you said if #2 formed a big 3 with the Lakers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOB mentality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is gonna ring again, isn’t he...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I hope not but he’s probably gonna all over the Lakers and their fans which could end up being pretty funny though. I think it was ice cube that said something like “I guess he wants to be a loser if he wants to go to the clippers instead of the Lakers.”
    so, that could be kinda interesting.

Really wish that “loser” was still a spur....but that got, I hope his knees explode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Heat (not that they have a prayer against the LA teams.) Would love to see LeBron take out Nephew, then his old team take out LeBron. But I'm dreaming, I know it...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Lakers! I've made my peace with Leonard. I'm rooting for the EC team, but I think the Lakers would beat whoever gets to the Finals rather easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are winning the championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are winning the championship
    Honestly, I hope so. Either them or the Raptors would be the preferred outcome, I also wouldn't mind Miami. Tbh, any scenario where #2 and LBJ lose is a win to me. As for posters saying it's a wash that an LA team is gonna ring, you never know how things are gonna play out, especially in these playoffs. I also think Miami is a good matchup for the Lakers, maybe not so much the Clips, and the Celtics can beat any team if they get hot. Will make for some exciting series at the very least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pipe Dream: The scrubby ass Heat knock off the Lakers in the biggest upset in NBA history.

Realistic Fantasy: The Raptors upset the Clippers

Most Likely to happen: Clippers decimate whoever comes out of the East. It will suck because Paul George will be the biggest loser behind Vince Carter to get a ring and Doc will be the only coach disrespected for having two rings because he lucked his ass into them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics let this raptors team with 35 y/o Kyle Lowry as their number 1 option push them to 7 games. I’d be surprised if they push the Heat past 6.

I’m rooting for Jimmy and the Heat to have a story book run to a ship.

Realistically, the Lakers are going to win for Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm begrudgingly accepting that my worst fears are playing out. I'd hoped some team would knock out both or at least one of the LA clubs, and thought it was at least a remote possibility. But given how poorly Denver and Houston (specifically, Westbrick came out to play and House is about to get suspended) have played in crunch time, I will no longer fight reality.

It's gonna be an all LA WCF. FURK!!!!!! And unless Miami plays out of their mind, the L'Eastern Conference champ is not going to win the finals.

Thus, in my Faustian bargain, I will eagerly take the Lakers, because NEPH. Always and forever.
    Go Heat (not that they have a prayer against the LA teams.) Would love to see LeBron take out Nephew, then his old team take out LeBron. But I'm dreaming, I know it...
    I'd love to see someone out of the east take it all, but for now I'm also rooting for the Lakers to take out nephew, my least favorite person in sports.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are layers to why Spurs fans need to root against the Clippers. Of course there's Kawhi and Morris but another major issue is that a second fashionable, prestigious team in Los Angeles would really hurt the chances of small markets holding onto superstars. As it is, the Clippers don't yet have that Lakers cachet ... but that could change with a championship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are layers to why Spurs fans need to root against the Clippers. Of course there's Kawhi and Morris but another major issue is that a second fashionable, prestigious team in Los Angeles would really hurt the chances of small markets holding onto superstars. As it is, the Clippers don't yet have that Lakers cachet ... but that could change with a championship.
    Even if they don't win a le the clippers are now going to be a hot destination simply due to location and their ownership group. #2 already changed the perception by deciding to play for them. A number of other players will follow pursuit in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they don't win a le the clippers are now going to be a hot destination simply due to location and their ownership group. #2 already changed the perception by deciding to play for them. A number of other players will follow pursuit in the future.
    Possible true but if the Clippers don't win it all, it could be viewed as another case of the Clippers always being the second rate Clippers no matter who's in the uniform. It could be the difference between the Clippers being the cooler version of the Lakers and "Clippers Gonna Clip" memes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm begrudgingly accepting that my worst fears are playing out. I'd hoped some team would knock out both or at least one of the LA clubs, and thought it was at least a remote possibility. But given how poorly Denver and Houston (specifically, Westbrick came out to play and House is about to get suspended) have played in crunch time, I will no longer fight reality.

It's gonna be an all LA WCF. FURK!!!!!! And unless Miami plays out of their mind, the L'Eastern Conference champ is not going to win the finals.

Thus, in my Faustian bargain, I will eagerly take the Lakers, because NEPH. Always and forever.
    Yeah, I've resigned to a similar thought. Would rather LeBron win another le even if on the Fakers.

Nephew, forever!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible true but if the Clippers don't win it all, it could be viewed as another case of the Clippers always being the second rate Clippers no matter who's in the uniform. It could be the difference between the Clippers being the cooler version of the Lakers and "Clippers Gonna Clip" memes.
    I could be wrong but location and the chance to win is the biggest thing with these players. For example Durant picking the Nets over the Knicks had all to do with which team had the better roster but he was going to NYC regardless. This will be the same deal with the Lakers and Clippers when it comes to stealing superstars. Their location already attracts these guys but the tie breaker like I said will come down to roster construction.

The way the landscape is today I would say there is 3 locations that will always be able to steal superstars which is Miami,LA,NYC and possibly the Bay Area with the Warriors. In the past you just had to worry about the Lakers,Heat being in position to steal stars. Now I feel you have to worry about Clippers,Nets,Heat,Lakers,Warriors. That's 5 teams that can suck up all the talent from the rest of the league. If the Knicks ever get it together then it will be 6 teams you have to worry about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of 1st
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    DEN 23 23
    LAC 28 28

7:39 - 2nd
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    DEN 23 4 27
    LAC 28 14 42
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-11-2020 at 06:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will always be #1 simply for the fact that Kirbs played for them, and now Lebron. Nephew may be the best player in the NBA and is doing things that haven't been seen before, but he'll never have the cult following those two have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA has always been like this. how many years outside Spurs championships have had a completely satisfying result ? 2016 Cavs was the only time I can remember
    pistons, Dirk beating Miami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walk away from TV for a few minutes and...

5:48 - 4th
    TNT 1 2 3 4 T
    DEN 23 21 29 21 94
    LAC 28 28 24 8 88

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs stepping up for the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MPJ just hit a big 3