Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we seriously talking about a guy with career averages of 9 points and 2 assists a game in the hof?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's next? Boris Diaw?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely. he deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's next? Boris Diaw?
    Bobo! yeah! Just for being the coolest player on the Spurs. A friend who traveled with the Spurs told me he had a gal in every port and they were all super fine. World's Most Interesting Man!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Patty and the culture that he brought. I’m still questioning Avery’s place in Spurs role, but at least he was the starting Little General that helped brought the 1st ever championship to the Spurs, likewise Sean with his defense and the iconic Independence Day dagger. But Patty was just a “spot shooter.” I mean, even Fisher would’ve been more deserving with the Lakers. I think it lowers the standard of the Spurs player greatness to retire Patty’s jersey with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Patty and the culture that he brought. I’m still questioning Avery’s place in Spurs role, but at least he was the starting Little General that helped brought the 1st ever championship to the Spurs, likewise Sean with his defense and the iconic Independence Day dagger. But Patty was just a “spot shooter.” I mean, even Fisher would’ve been more deserving with the Lakers. I think it lowers the standard of the Spurs player greatness to retire Patty’s jersey with them.

Aj was atleast the starter on some damn good teams,and of course the '99 squad . Plus he was the alltime assists leader before tony parker came along. Again not the most impressive resume overall but still something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would fit this FARCE of FO to do such a thing and maybe hang a banner for Forbes - but in a men's room. Yet the FO brought him back...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobo! yeah! Just for being the coolest player on the Spurs. A friend who traveled with the Spurs told me he had a gal in every port and they were all super fine. World's Most Interesting Man!
    No ? Darn, I was wondering what is up with him as I've never seen him with a steady girlfriend so I was wondering if he's some kind of a player (not in a bad way). The legend of Boris Diaw continues to grow. Super interesting guy (I really do love the guy - he seems like he'd be super cool to hang out with). I wish he played like he did in 2014 for a few more years for the Spurs. He was an amazing player when he put it all together (he was at his best when he was a little bit selfish with his scoring cause he did everything else so well on the offensive end of the court).
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-09-2021 at 02:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it let's put Jeff Ayres up there too while we're at it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would fit this FARCE of FO to do such a thing and maybe hang a banner for Forbes - but in a men's room. Yet the FO brought him back...

Forbes would best be honored by printing a pic of him on the mat on the sideline where the players wipe their shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, there should be two types of jerseys that hang from the rafters.

First type: The legends. Gervin, Tim, Robinson, Tony, Manu types. These not only hang in the rafters, but the numbers are retired.

Second type: Fan favorites and beloved players, but whose numbers are NOT retired. Elliott, Bowen, Dietrick come to mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Won't happen. They would have put Bonner's up there already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don’t hang #2 up there I’m fine with whatever. AJ’s retirement showed me anything is possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He shouldn’t be compared to Avery either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh ... if it was my decision I'd say no but if it happens, I wouldn't be upset. He played a part in a championship, he was a key member of a number of really good teams and he's a good role model for any future Spur to try to emulate. It wouldn't be a travesty; the Spurs have five (5) championships so having a handful of retired numbers up there from that era makes sense.

Going forward, it's going to be difficult for players to crack that rafters-worthy bar. Aldridge had a good run but I can't imagine the Spurs re-retire #12. Now the non-championship bar is, what, like five All-Star appearances? So, yeah, if Mills goes up there, he'd probably be the last one for a long, long time.

The only problem with retiring Mills is then don't you have to retire Green's jersey? Green > Mills by quite a large margin, if we're being honest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh ... if it was my decision I'd say no but if it happens, I wouldn't be upset. He played a part in a championship, he was a key member of a number of really good teams and he's a good role model for any future Spur to try to emulate. It wouldn't be a travesty; the Spurs have five (5) championships so having a handful of retired numbers up there from that era makes sense.

Going forward, it's going to be difficult for players to crack that rafters-worthy bar. Aldridge had a good run but I can't imagine the Spurs re-retire #12. Now the non-championship bar is, what, like five All-Star appearances? So, yeah, if Mills goes up there, he'd probably be the last one for a long, long time.

The only problem with retiring Mills is then don't you have to retire Green's jersey? Green > Mills by quite a large margin, if we're being honest.
    Will Kawhi be up there given the bad blood of his leaving? Probably eventually, but who knows. Olando never retired Shaq''s number.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was my decision, then I'd say yes, because it would be a guaranteed sellout.

BTW, Patty Mills climbed to 4th in career Olympics points, passing Ginobili, Marques & Scola.

Top 10 plus another:
    1093 Oscar Schmidt HOF
    789 Andrew Gaze
    658 Pau Gasol
    608 Patty Mills
    607 Luis Scola
    537 Wlamir Marques
    523 Manu Ginobili
    475 Sergei Belov HOF
    461 Drazen Dalipagic HOF, Drazen Petrovic HOF

435 Kevin Durant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"the biggest free agency aquisition in franchise history? We have to retire his jersey"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First type: The legends. Gervin, Tim, Robinson, Tony, Manu types. These not only hang in the rafters, but the numbers are retired.

Second type: Fan favorites and beloved players, but whose numbers are NOT retired. Elliott, Bowen, Dietrick come to mind.
    they should remove the lesser guys when they move buildings. At the same time open a museum like a spurs specific HOF where all the role players can go. and they can make a Kawhi jersey exhibit but it's in the basement and there's a guy who whacks your shin with a bat if you try and approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

they should remove the lesser guys when they move buildings. At the same time open a museum like a spurs specific HOF where all the role players can go. and they can make a Kawhi jersey exhibit but it's in the basement and there's a guy who whacks your shin with a bat if you try and approach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely deserves his number in the rafters… Bowen and Avery are up there.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The standards for getting your number retired in an organization with such a rich history like this, should be astronomical.

As I've long said, they (and every organization in sports) should have a Ring of Honor, where fringe stars and elite role players Silas, Moore, Johnson, Bowen, Green, Aldridge and Mills, can be recognized, but not to the same extent as superstars and bona fide stars like Gervin, Robinson, Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Kawhi be up there given the bad blood of his leaving? Probably eventually, but who knows. Olando never retired Shaq''s number.
    Never.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know why Mills gets the 'loyal' tag.

What exactly makes him loyal?

Thread Information