Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give Luka a break. He was always know as a player with good physical tools, but it was always a risk of whether he could put it together to be a good player on an NBA level. Jury is still out as he's only 21 years old. It may not be with the Spurs, but he has a chance. I think he needs more compe ive fire and anger. That would suit him well. Sometimes I think players with skill rely too heavily on that. To be top level in the NBA, you have to have a drive that goes beyond athletics and skill. Can you develop that? I think, but it takes getting to that place of irrational confidence. He plays like he's not confident.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't get to watch this one, anyone got a clip of that fast break that ya'll are talking about?
    Best I can do, sorry for no audio: https://streamable.com/e5gb8l

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he departs this year. The event coming up at the end of the month isn’t the option for this season, season three. That was already picked up last fall. It’s the option for season four, next year.

That being said, I can totally see the Spurs passing it up, or flipping him before that deadline so another team has to make that decision. I DGAF that he was picked at 19. At this point, I’d take a late first or and early second, and be done with his lazy ass.

He’s got all of the talent in the world, just doesn’t seem to GAF. The shoulder of the NBA highway is littered with guys like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    luka has an intriguing skill set but we aren't privy to any behind the scenes info so i can only assume that he was not in a good spot with the coaches. maybe he acted en led or pouted, etc., and although social network is not what we can base luka's future on, his lack of minutes in the preseason seem to strongly suggest that he is likely on the way out-perhaps now or perhaps in the near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I think Young, Aminu, Samanic, and maybe KBD are all on their way out in some form or fashion. The question becomes which - if any - gives you the best trade value, and unfortunately we have to waive two of them before the regular season starts unless we find a trade really really fast.

Given the consistent minutes Eubanks has been given, I'm pretty sure he has earned a spot on the team and in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a shame to lose him with all his skill set, and see him get picked up by another team. I really think Pop doesn’t like him a lot, something he did, en led whatever. But give the guy a break. It’s not lije he’s been seeing minutes. I’d be frustrated too. Not everybody’s cutted to Pop’s expectations. If Pop wants to move him, then showcase him. The guy can really have value at his size and skillsets, and given the minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best I can do, sorry for no audio: https://streamable.com/e5gb8l
    Goodness...that was worse than I imagined for a guy that's probably fighting for his spot..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks!

Its strange to see someone who should be clawing for a spot on the roster seem so disengaged. Luka has never really looked happy here, maybe he does need a change of scenery.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt he departs this year. The event coming up at the end of the month isn’t the option for this season, season three. That was already picked up last fall. It’s the option for season four, next year.

That being said, I can totally see the Spurs passing it up, or flipping him before that deadline so another team has to make that decision. I DGAF that he was picked at 19. At this point, I’d take a late first or and early second, and be done with his lazy ass.

He’s got all of the talent in the world, just doesn’t seem to GAF. The shoulder of the NBA highway is littered with guys like him.
    You're not getting a first or an early second for that pos. I mean he is a lazy mother er, but I have never seen this so called talent of his. Looks like every time I watch him play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goodness...that was worse than I imagined for a guy that's probably fighting for his spot..
    Here it is with sound, around the 9:00 mark. How about Alfredrik Hughes 2.0 not coming to offer help at the rim on the next clip shown after that though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be a shame to lose him with all his skill set, and see him get picked up by another team. I really think Pop doesn’t like him a lot, something he did, en led whatever. But give the guy a break. It’s not lije he’s been seeing minutes. I’d be frustrated too. Not everybody’s cutted to Pop’s expectations. If Pop wants to move him, then showcase him. The guy can really have value at his size and skillsets, and given the minutes.
    If he can't earn minutes in even the preseason then him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here it is with sound, around the 9:00 mark. How about Alfredrik Hughes 2.0 not coming to offer help at the rim on the next clip shown after that though?

Yeah, and the fast break give-up was worse than I remembered. Good grief. He's a no-effort slouch. He's not compe ive on the boards -- he was terrible against Miami, I think it was -- and his help defense is lousy. Just let him go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, and the fast break give-up was worse than I remembered. Good grief. He's a no-effort slouch. He's not compe ive on the boards -- he was terrible against Miami, I think it was -- and his help defense is lousy. Just let him go.
    At least Primo is going to work out. I'm glad to be wrong about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ RC stalking this guy around Europe inebriated

Probably heard there was a really good Luka and got confused

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, that second one is almost just as bad. Loses sight of the ball, then just stands there to watch the cut right to the basket and dunk. Low awareness and zero effort.

Even KBD was giving him for not rotating, so that says something there.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-11-2021 at 10:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs we’re hoping it was an immaturity thing, but it seems to be who he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's okay, he's still 3 years away from developing.
    Seriously. Can’t believe people are bailing on him. We knew along he was a 6 year project

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs we’re hoping it was an immaturity thing, but it seems to be who he is.
    Yeah. Wanted him to get out of his sense of en lement and poutiness. But he's just a . I wouldnt be surprised if he's a sink on team chemistry overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he contested anything the whole while he was in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he contested anything the whole while he was in the game.
    He played good defense on the final play which led to a turnover and prevented Orlando from getting a game-winning attempt.

But yeah...that was about the extent of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be disappointing if true… and also a big mistake, in my opinion. Someone will pick him up and we’ll regret the day we gave up on him.
    He might just be a Ian Mahinmi - type & needs a new situation (with more "freedom" and opportunity) to really take off?

Or he's a miss and will end up back in Europe by next year.

I would hold off using social media as a barometer on who the Spurs will keep or let go, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I'm gone for two days and the house burns down... Luka gone? We're going off just on social media and preseason games to determine that? Interesting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I'm gone for two days and the house burns down... Luka gone? We're going off just on social media and preseason games to determine that? Interesting...
    At this point, I think the writing on the wall is that Aminu is out.

Which leaves KBD and Luka...and frankly, KBD has looked better in the preseason. So if this was a true "compe ion" for a spot, he wins.

The ONLY reason for the Spurs to keep Luka is based on the fact that he is the younger player and supposedly has all this "potential" that we have been hearing about for the past two years...but I just don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Place your bets!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, I think the writing on the wall is that Aminu is out.

Which leaves KBD and Luka...and frankly, KBD has looked better in the preseason. So if this was a true "compe ion" for a spot, he wins.

The ONLY reason for the Spurs to keep Luka is based on the fact that he is the younger player and supposedly has all this "potential" that we have been hearing about for the past two years...but I just don't see it.
    or if we move a players via trade we won’t need to waive him

Thread Information