My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stop making sense.
    For real!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who else is out there as far as a bad contract that could net us a first?
    Saric

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Couldn't even get a few basketballs and some jock straps for him ?
    Even the Celtics were able to get a washing machine for Ed Monix, smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maximum flexibility still on schedule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he get a ring when the Spurs win a championship in May?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally got rid of this dude!!!!
    I never liked him as a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he get a ring when the Spurs win a championship in May?

Only if 22-23 NBA All Star and Finals MVP J. Primo says so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who else is out there as far as a bad contract that could net us a first?
    This.

Contract dumpster is open and empty.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , was looking to dump him and Mc balls to the Lakers for a first for taking Westbrook off their hands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , was looking to dump him and Mc balls to the Lakers for a first for taking Westbrook off their hands
    man don't take Westbrook from them. Lakers with Westbrick is my favorite comedy show and I'm waiting for season 2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man don't take Westbrook from them. Lakers with Westbrick is my favorite comedy show and I'm waiting for season 2
    Exactly...there are few things that would make me take a break from Spurs basketball, but having to cheer for Westbrook would be one of them.

I'd rather watch him continue to ruin the Lakeshow while collecting $47M

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the 8th, his salary guarantee would kick in, netting him $21M. He’ll get like $12M to go away.

It might be nice if you stopped being stupid for like 5 minutes. No one will give you a dime for Gallo. He’s 34, washed, and was only included in this deal for salary purposes. SA will take the cap room generated by the salary offset, and leverage that as part of their cap space rental.
    Why would a team that is clearly tanking and looking for draft capital let any veteran player just walk away for nothing?

OKC literally just let Al Hortford, who was 35 years old, sit at home until boston had to give up a 1st round pick to trade for him. Why are we not trying to do the same with Gallo? You telling me Gallo is washed up...uh probably the only people who even knew Hortford was in the NBA was boston. And Hortford had 2 years 51 million left on his deal? OKC can get a 1st round pick for a over the center who is sitting on his couch but we can't get ANYTHING for Gallo on a better contract with less money?

You telling me not to be dumb for 5 minutes but you don't seem to be smart enough to understand that a team already flipped a player for a 1st round pick in this situation last year, but somehow our front office is to ing pussy to even try because it seems like the second anything the spurs front office has to do something that requires effort and intelligence, they just fold up and then you end up paying Demara Carrol millions of dollars to not be on you're team

No one is giving a dime for a 34 year old forward on a one year deal but OKC got a 1st round pick for a 35 year old center that was owed over 50 million dollars sitting on his sofa doing nothing

Thad must have hurt the spurs feelings talking them on the way out so they to pussy to pull that move again

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Gallo did end up extending his deadline. If he did and the trade was consummated before the start of free agency, I wonder if the spurs bought themselves a week to look around to see if anything is out there?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...there are few things that would make me take a break from Spurs basketball, but having to cheer for Westbrook would be one of them.

I'd rather watch him continue to ruin the Lakeshow while collecting $47M
    you arent going anywhere dex

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we waived him but then only have to pay him $5,000,00 to walk? If so, does that mean his cap hit is just the 5 million??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we waived him but then only have to pay him $5,000,00 to walk? If so, does that mean his cap hit is just the 5 million??
    He upped his guarantee to 12mm to help facilitate the trade. So 12mm vs DJs 17mm and Landales 1.8mm so we just cleared ~7mm in cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can hit the 3 at a serviceable clip the Lakers could use him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can hit the 3 at a serviceable clip the Lakers could use him.

Who fking cares if the Lakers can use him. He’s been waived meaning we get nothing back regardless.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He upped his guarantee to 12mm to help facilitate the trade. So 12mm vs DJs 17mm and Landales 1.8mm so we just cleared ~7mm in cap.
    Whoa! What’s the plan with this 37 million in space we have. Interesting….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who fking cares if the Lakers can use him. He’s been waived meaning we get nothing back regardless.
    A. He’s 34 and washed.
    B. If another team trades for him, that team has to pay his entire $21M salary. Why would they want to do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A. He’s 34 and washed.
    B. If another team trades for him, that team has to pay his entire $21M salary. Why would they want to do that?
    Not sure why you are responding to me with questions as I’m literally saying what you just said gramps. I don’t give a where he ends up as he is already not our problem and had no value to begin with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we only had a front office to make financial calls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers would actually rather get back just McD and a $33.25 million trade exception, than take on Gallo too. They can do a lot with that trade exception.

Issue is it would also cost them dearly to get that trade exception (effectively is Spurs renting all cap space) and they wouldn’t have any draft capital left to use to bring a more useful guy into that trade exception.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would a team that is clearly tanking and looking for draft capital let any veteran player just walk away for nothing?

OKC literally just let Al Hortford, who was 35 years old, sit at home until boston had to give up a 1st round pick to trade for him. Why are we not trying to do the same with Gallo? You telling me Gallo is washed up...uh probably the only people who even knew Hortford was in the NBA was boston. And Hortford had 2 years 51 million left on his deal? OKC can get a 1st round pick for a over the center who is sitting on his couch but we can't get ANYTHING for Gallo on a better contract with less money?

You telling me not to be dumb for 5 minutes but you don't seem to be smart enough to understand that a team already flipped a player for a 1st round pick in this situation last year, but somehow our front office is to ing pussy to even try because it seems like the second anything the spurs front office has to do something that requires effort and intelligence, they just fold up and then you end up paying Demara Carrol millions of dollars to not be on you're team

No one is giving a dime for a 34 year old forward on a one year deal but OKC got a 1st round pick for a 35 year old center that was owed over 50 million dollars sitting on his sofa doing nothing

Thad must have hurt the spurs feelings talking them on the way out so they to pussy to pull that move again
    Don't forget 54 mil of dead money on OKC's books.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget 54 mil of dead money on OKC's books.
    They never had Hortford as dead money on their cap. He was just sitting at home waiting to be traded. Okc knew someone would get desperate, some thing the spurs in all their infinite wisdom don't seem to understand.

They only have 27 mil of Walker contract as dead cap now. Not a problem for a team that I don't think even hit the salary floor last year.

Thread Information