Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just discovered that Boris Diaw is the president of Metropolitans 92, Wembanyama's team. Nice to think the Pop or RC can call any time for insider updates.
    Insider updates??? You mean something like, "Pop, he's another weinie wagger, but I think we can keep it under the radar?"

I agree that would be very helpful.
    Last edited by wildbill2u; 11-21-2022 at 12:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in their 1st 3 years no. Spurs would be very good, but I doubt any Tier player would be knocking on Spurs door to ring chase with a 18 yrs old (19 at draft day).
    The Spurs put a nice team around Robinson his first year. mings and Strickland were nice adds. Not a free agent superstar addition, but I do think people might be lured here if the Spurs draft at one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs put a nice team around Robinson his first year. mings and Strickland were nice adds. Not a free agent superstar addition, but I do think people might be lured here if the Spurs draft at one.
    mings was a s of himself and Strickland was 2 yrs? in the league, hardly you call All-Star, and he was traded to Spurs for Cheeks. I remember he didn’t like the Spurs? Plus DRob was 24? and like an athletic freak. Victor? people are still questioning his physique. Let’s see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No chance

Stern Jr will make sure of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the pistons might lose cade for the whole year if the stress fracture requires surgery so that would definitely keep detroit deep in the cellar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mings was a s of himself and Strickland was 2 yrs? in the league, hardly you call All-Star, and he was traded to Spurs for Cheeks. I remember he didn’t like the Spurs? Plus DRob was 24? and like an athletic freak. Victor? people are still questioning his physique. Let’s see.
    mings was literally an AS the year before we traded for him, and averaged 22 points his first season here. He was really good for 3 seasons, until he got injured. He was never the same afterwards.

Strickland was really a wildcard, but the Spurs had to do something with Mo Cheeks. He wouldn’t even get an apartment. Lived at one of the airport hotels. Strickland was really talented, but was kind of a knucklehead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now its hard for the spurs to win because they don't have a whole lot of talent, but like someone said earlier, they aren't as bad as they are playing. I blame pop for trotting out those funky line ups. He knows those lineups won't win many games. Hey Keldon, want a game off ? How about you Devin, didn't you have a hangnail or something ? That's just tanking 101.

Adam Silver says there shouldn't be any tanking but it's probably pops way of saying F U to Silver and tanking anyway. Pops gonna do what pops gonna do no matter what Silver says.
    Its going to be a long season until the draft lottery. Hopefully we get lucky, cause a 14% chance while better than a 5% chance or less, is what we have to hope for on top of all the distress and losing needed to get to that point.

I'm betting on luck.
    Last edited by jjspur; 11-23-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we fall in the top 4 I would be very happy it's not all for #1 or bust because we not one player away and any of the top 4 draft picks would pretty much be an upgrade at every position.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we fall in the top 4 I would be very happy it's not all for #1 or bust because we not one player away and any of the top 4 draft picks would pretty much be an upgrade at every position.
    Only Bottom 3 have 14% chance of landing #1 pick. Bottom 4 has only 12.5%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9% chance of number 1 pick

please everyone, start your posts in this thread with an actual number. As of now the the spurs are 6 worse and have a 9% chance. Then you can discuss whatever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mings was still all star caliber when he joined the Spurs. He was excited to be playing next to Robinson. Not saying the Spurs could land an all star to round out the the team, but it’s possible. And with the hype surrounding Wembanyama there will be players very willing fill out that roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9% chance of number 1 pick

please everyone, start your posts in this thread with an actual number. As of now the the spurs are 6 worse and have a 9% chance. Then you can discuss whatever
    1 1/2 games out of the 2 spot. This group is well poised to be in that 14.5% bracket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14.5%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9% is only accurate today. The most accurate statement is that 14.0% is the best we can do, no matter what.

If you need to know what our odds are at any moment in time, go to https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
    Last edited by exstatic; 11-24-2022 at 05:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the moment, Orlando has the best shot at Wemby, with 17%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now its hard for the spurs to win because they don't have a whole lot of talent, but like someone said earlier, they aren't as bad as they are playing. I blame pop for trotting out those funky line ups. He knows those lineups won't win many games. Hey Keldon, want a game off ? How about you Devin, didn't you have a hangnail or something ? That's just tanking 101.

Adam Silver says there shouldn't be any tanking but it's probably pops way of saying F U to Silver and tanking anyway. Pops gonna do what pops gonna do no matter what Silver says.
    Its going to be a long season until the draft lottery. Hopefully we get lucky, cause a 14% chance while better than a 5% chance or less, is what we have to hope for on top of all the distress and losing needed to get to that point.

I'm betting on luck.
    tbh, Pop was probably gunning to make the playoffs until Silver made his tanking statement, and then Pop decided to go all in on the Wemby chase

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14.5%
    If you need to know what our odds are at any moment in time, go to https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
    Ya that is the point of this thread.

Why did you post all the goofy numbers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't because Chicago's pick is top 4 protected.

The only teams that could theoretically have more than a 14% chance would be Houston - own pick (or swap with Brooklyn) plus Bucks unprotected and Utah - own pick plus Wolves unprotected. Neither is likely.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 11-25-2022 at 12:23 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's right. Orlando's currently the 4th worst team in the NBA with their own pick giving them a 12.5% chance. You are adding the chances that Chicago (currently 9th worst) has of jumping into the #1 spot overall, but the pick is protected (Top 5 IIRC); if Chicago jumps up to #1 in the lottery, they keep the pick... Thus it does not add to Orlando's chances of getting #1. The only unprotected pick currently in the lottery is Philadelphia's which is in some sort of weird mess that will end up with it in either Brooklyn or Utah...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't because Chicago's pick is top 4 protected.

The only teams that could theoretically have more than a 14% chance would be Houston - own pick (or swap with Brooklyn) plus Bucks unprotected and Utah - own pick plus Wolves unprotected. Neither is likely.
    I don't think that's right. Orlando's currently the 4th worst team in the NBA with their own pick giving them a 12.5% chance. You are adding the chances that Chicago (currently 9th worst) has of jumping into the #1 spot overall, but the pick is protected (Top 5 IIRC); if Chicago jumps up to #1 in the lottery, they keep the pick... Thus it does not add to Orlando's chances of getting #1. The only unprotected pick currently in the lottery is Philadelphia's which is in some sort of weird mess that will end up with it in either Brooklyn or Utah...
    Ah, you're correct. I thought it was unprotected. But Houston has the same 17%, via swap with Brooklyn (14% own + 3% swap).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, Pop was probably gunning to make the playoffs until Silver made his tanking statement, and then Pop decided to go all in on the Wemby chase
    I completely agree, but Pops gonna do what Pops gonna do no matter what to somehow throw his two cents in. I don't think pop and Silver see eye to eye on a lot of NBA matters, especially nondescript tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. If Chicago’s pick wins, keeping it in the top 4, they keep it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they were actually on the ‘win’ track until the Primo mess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. If Chicago’s pick wins, keeping it in the top 4, they keep it.
    I already corrected my statement before you posted this. It's Houston (by adding their chances through Brooklyn's swap) who's got the best odds:
    Ah, you're correct. I thought it was unprotected. But Houston has the same 17%, via swap with Brooklyn (14% own + 3% swap).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have info on his bone and muscle development? Any history of injuries or unusual physical development? I'd hate to get the pick and then find his body and bones are too fragile to take the wear and tear of an NBA season and career.

Thread Information