Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Joe Chalupa
    I think it was a majority all around.
    And yeah, I would have voted for it too because at that point, as a politician in these times, a vote against it would be a vote for your defeat in the next election and for most politicians that is the bottom line.
    To do what you have to do to get re-elected.
    Why do you think this presidential campaign is getting nasty?
    Do you really think Bush is going to have a news conference and say, "Well, perhaps I did rush us into war and the intelligence we had was not the best."?

Of course not, because I, as do most Americans, do feel that Iraq is better, and the world for that matter, with out Saddam.

But I'm still leary of the USA setting a precedence for pre-emptive strikes because if you ask me, I think other countries could use that as a reason to launch a pre-emptive strike against the USA since we do have WMD.

That's just my 2 centavos.

Aggie Hoopsfan
    You sound like Michael Moore.

The CIA, MI:6, and Russian Intel all had the same data on Iraq.

That's over half the permanent UN Security Council right there.

Shaky? Only in the revisionist liberal history.

Joe Chalupa
    Only in the revisionist liberal history.
    Umm...okay.

MadeFromDust
    Keep the treasonist left-wing courts out of the process of combating terrorism. You just can't trust them.

From Way Downtown
    Keep the treasonist left-wing courts out of the process of combating terrorism. You just can't trust them.
    Yes, let's be certain to ignore our fundamental commitment to civil rights and the basic "innocent until proven guilty" priniciple that our justice system is founded upon. What a wonderful idea.

If these people have done wrong, they will be convicted. But our su ion does not equal criminal wrongdoing. I certainly don't wish to see terrorists succeed, but I still firmly believe that the government should be made to prove the guilt of those it accuses, and that it shouldn't be given a free pass to avoid that requirement simply by labelling an individual as a suspected terrorist.

Thread Information