Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I was reading on the AVS forums that the problem is probably with the HD DVR that TW users. Its the SA 8300, but that just means I'll have the same problems with Grande because I believe they use the same box. It has problems "syncing" the HDCP with the HDMI output and so it ends up throwing on the copy protection and killing the output at times.

If worse comes to worse i'll just go back to component output, but I'd rather use the HDMI and leave my component inputs for something else.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    directtv has a better picture and is cheaper.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    directtv has a better picture and is cheaper.
    not when you have roadrunner and HDTV, they discount. directtv dsl is a joke.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    USC Trojans
    My On-Demand didn't work so I called customer service and they were able to fix my problem within a few minutes over the phone. They also helped me troubleshoot and correct my email settings. Currently, everything works so I'm happy with their service.

Overall, I would say the transition from Comcast to TW went pretty smooth for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Does anyone here have big issues with Time Warner and their customer service?

I have yet to have their service for a week, and I've spent time on the phone with them everyday trying to get things setup correctly. The only day I haven't spoken with them since Monday was Thursday.

On day one, they brought out the wrong HD box and they failed to bring me the appropriate cables I had requested. They also did not setup the right channels.

On the second day, I made a morning trip out to the sales center and got them to setup the appropriate channels. I also changed out the boxes and got my HD box and HDMI cable. Later, the channels once again stopped working. 2 short calls to customer service and all was well.

Thursday went by without a hiccup.

Yesterday, by the afternoon all of my HD and sports channels no longer worked. Spent one hour on the phone with customer service trying to get them to give me the right channels again. They got the right channels working, but they can't figure out why they are going to charge me more than what I should be charged for the services. At this point I was VERY annoyed because I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want the digital package with HD and I want to be charged the appropriate amount for it.

Today, come upstairs to watch the game, and I can't due to the box displaying a message that HDMI output is disabled due to copy protection. ON EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL. My TV has HDCP so there shoudln't be any issues here. On the phone with tech support they try everything they can but the guy tells me he has no other options and it may be this way permenantly. Uh, WTF? Yes, I can hookup the TV via analog component cables, but I want those slots open for other devices and I want to use HDMI with my cable service.

I really wish I could get dish here, but there are huge trees just to our south and I'm pretty sure they would block out any signals. I've had less than pleasent history with Grande and technical problems, but that was way back when they first started. I'm very close to eating the installation charges and calling Grande to come install service because being on the phone with Time Warner each and everyday is getting old very quickly.
    i feel your pain, but grande sucks too. its funny cause all the way in Montana Bresnan Communications is pretty good. their internet is light years faster than time warner and they have HD as well. though they don't have as many HD channels yet...but i get free DVR which is nice and free starz and encore movie channels.

Name
    Christy
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I always hear about TWC, but have been dealing with them for years and years and years and never had any problems, and if I did they were resolved fairly quickly.

The wait on the phone for customer service can be pretty long, but at least unlike when we had Directv, we know exactly who we're supposed to call.

Hope your issues get resolved.

Scratch that ToughActinTinactin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I take everything a CSR gives me with a grain of salt whenever I call any service center. They rarely know what they are doing.
    I work as a CSR and I take most of what customers spew with a grain of salt since they THINK they know everything and rarely know what they are talking about and give the incorrrect answers to questions which just makes things harder for me.
    Most are nice but then you get idiots who don't know but want things fixed quick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i have never worked csr, but can't imagine getting someone like manny on the line! hahaah..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Sacramento Kings
    TW is the only cable company where I live, so they have kind of a monopoly, the only compe ion is satellite. I have had a number of problems with TW, and they aren't the most helpful people to work with. You would think that after the number of problems that I've had they would offer me free movies or something to make up for the hassle. TW ing sucks major ass and is way overpriced.

Congress needs to step in and regulate cable companies a little better because I think that they are getting away with highway robbery. The only way you can get certain services is by paying for other services that you either don't want or don't need, it's bull .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I work as a CSR and I take most of what customers spew with a grain of salt since they THINK they know everything and rarely know what they are talking about and give the incorrrect answers to questions which just makes things harder for me.
    Most are nice but then you get idiots who don't know but want things fixed quick.
    I would bet every dime I have that I could call almost any call center in existance, ask 5 different CSRs the same question and get at least 3 different answers. I couldn't care less what a CSR thinks of me as a customer as long as they fix my damn problem.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love Time Warner!
    Sincerely,
    Manu

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm with Manu. I love Time Warner and have never had any problems when contacting their friendly and courteous customer service department. Each and every time they have corrected the problem while on the phone or sent someone out to address and correct the problems. I have nothing but praise for their service department and attention to providing world class service which is second to none. I applaud their CSR's for having to put up with the likes of Manny know-it-alls on a daily basis and well, I just can't say enough about Time Warner and I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Scratch that ToughActinTinactin's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would bet every dime I have that I could call almost any call center in existance, ask 5 different CSRs the same question and get at least 3 different answers. I couldn't care less what a CSR thinks of me as a customer as long as they fix my damn problem.
    I hear you but in my field there is almost always more than one way to fix an issue to get the same results. Oh, and believe me, I could care less what you think of me either since I've learned not to take things personally since I have no way of knowing if you are a true idiot or not.

One for the Thumb
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ^ Have had TW for about 4 years now at my house, use them for phone, internet and cable/tv. 4 years in and I really can' complain about anything. Their customer service has been great, they've gotten out to my house quick when there is a problem, and the help over the phone has been good as well. I can't really complain about any of the service I've received from them. In regards to Manny, I do have a friend that has had similar problems with the HDMI, the copyright message that you talked about-he gets the same one at times, but only when he's trying to record something on the DVR, not when he's trying to just watch a channel.

Who is this guy, again? travis2's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If you call Grande to come out and install...are you going to let them park in your driveway?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Everytime I've had to call customer service at TW I've had no problems at all. Fixed it one call or they came that day or the next and fixed the problems.
    Now granted I'm not into all that HD stuff right now but we've got digital phone, internet and digital cables and have had no problems and the CSR's have always been great and friendly.

Thread Information