Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Leonard Doody is my BITCH! Mr Dio's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i pefer espn, ill check out sportsline though, i guess mr. dio will set it up how he wants it anyway.

Actually, I think it is cool is Kori is the Commissioner and we can vote on the site.

As far as buy-in I'd prefer maybe at least in the $25 range to keep interest and counter dead teams. Plus, when you look @ $25 pro rata it is apprx $5/month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im totally in and down witha baseball league.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll do a yahoo league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like being able to set up weekly, I would set everything for the week, then of course go back in if someone got put on the DL or something and change it if need be. That is a good option to have.

I am down with $25, that seems very reasonable, it's enough to keep it interesting but low enough not to price anyone out who would really like to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have commished many a yahoo league; if everyone wants to go that route I could set it up or those interested.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously interested.

MelMart
    LJ
    Dio
    Capt Mike
    dallaskd
    yavozerb
    Blaze
    TPark
    sribb43
    --?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    so is it a $25 league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we are talking money, i'm intersted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously interested.

MelMart
    LJ
    Dio
    Capt Mike
    dallaskd
    yavozerb
    Blaze
    TPark
    Das Texan
    sribb43--?
    HF3--?

I think 1 more should be the max.
    12 teams should allow us, as Mel has pointed out to have pretty good teams and not dilute teams so bad that 1 or 2 injuries make someone quit their team early.

dallaskd, I think everyone is OK w/$25.
    Is everyone OK or am I ASSuming again?

Input?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25$ sounds just right. I guess winner takes all or what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehhhh, I decided that I am just goin to do a couple of free leagues. I'll stick with money football and basketball leagues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25$ sounds just right. I guess winner takes all or what?

I'd prefer something like:

1st - 160
    2nd - 80
    3rd - 40
    4th - 20

But if it looks like majority wants a diff payout to include all or nothing I'm cool with that.
    My rationale is that if you know you're gong to get something, rather than nothing, you'll be much more likely to stay compe ive til the end.

===
    ===

Ehhhh, I decided that I am just goin to do a couple of free leagues. I'll stick with money football and basketball leagues.
    Well, maybe next time man.
    If you change your mind let us know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, maybe next time man.
    If you change your mind let us know.
    Alright.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd prefer something like:

1st - 160
    2nd - 80
    3rd - 40
    4th - 20

But if it looks like majority wants a diff payout to include all or nothing I'm cool with that.
    My rationale is that if you know you're gong to get something, rather than nothing, you'll be much more likely to stay compe ive til the end.

sounds good. i would do a yahoo! or espn league. make sure its private. $25 is good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds good. i would do a yahoo! or espn league. make sure its private. $25 is good.

Right on Right on!

Any other input on the payouts or anything at all?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i would make the league a head-to-head one. i hate salary cap, so lets try to avoid one of those.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would make the league a head-to-head one. i hate salary cap, so lets try to avoid one of those.

Oh yeah, I'm not too fond of the cap myself.
    Roster limits yes but no cap.
    A snake draft set-up by some randomizer or whatever?

Head-to-head, cool with me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snake live draft, if its yahoo. You can actually log in and they have a nice java window that shows you who is left, what positions you have drafted, who everyone else has drafted, etc. You can preorder your draft if you can't go live. You can set a queue if you are there and have to leave or whatever.

I usually make total points leagues. You get 1 point for hit. 1 for RBI. 2 for 2B. 3 for 3B. -1 for SO. For pitchers, 1 for K, -1 for BB, 5 for W. -2 for L. 4 for S. -2 for BS. That sort of thing. I also like to add a .5 for an assist, so it makes good defensive players a fantasy asset.

All points ac ulate and that is your score. Last year, my league's winner had a little over 10000 points.

In my leagues, I normally have each field position (including 3OF regardless of OF position), a Util (for DH only people but also so someone can place any position there for off days and whatnot - play both of those catchers you picked up early). For pitchers, there are 2 SP, 2 RP, and 2 P. The P slots can be filled by either a SP or a RP, which gives you flex in how you draft. Normally there are a grand total of 5 bench spots. This means you can keep any combination of 5 bench pitchers, 5 extra position players, 2 position players and 3 pitchers, 4 position players and 1 pitcher, etc. There is also one DL slot (in which you can place a person on DL when yahoo designates him so and it lets you pick up a replacement while your DL guy mends). Once your guy comes off DL, yahoo forces you to drop someone to have your guy come off DL. Grand total 9 position players 6 pitchers and 5 bench - 20 players. Its not a keeper league, so when Kerry Wood blows out his elbow again and is gone for the year, you can just flat drop him.

If we set it up on yahoo, we will have plenty of time to vote and take everyone's opinion on point scale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snake live draft, if its yahoo. You can actually log in and they have a nice java window that shows you who is left, what positions you have drafted, who everyone else has drafted, etc. You can preorder your draft if you can't go live. You can set a queue if you are there and have to leave or whatever.

I usually make total points leagues. You get 1 point for hit. 1 for RBI. 2 for 2B. 3 for 3B. -1 for SO. For pitchers, 1 for K, -1 for BB, 5 for W. -2 for L. 4 for S. -2 for BS. That sort of thing. I also like to add a .5 for an assist, so it makes good defensive players a fantasy asset.

All points ac ulate and that is your score. Last year, my league's winner had a little over 10000 points.

In my leagues, I normally have each field position (including 3OF regardless of OF position), a Util (for DH only people but also so someone can place any position there for off days and whatnot - play both of those catchers you picked up early). For pitchers, there are 2 SP, 2 RP, and 2 P. The P slots can be filled by either a SP or a RP, which gives you flex in how you draft. Normally there are a grand total of 5 bench spots. This means you can keep any combination of 5 bench pitchers, 5 extra position players, 2 position players and 3 pitchers, 4 position players and 1 pitcher, etc. There is also one DL slot (in which you can place a person on DL when yahoo designates him so and it lets you pick up a replacement while your DL guy mends). Once your guy comes off DL, yahoo forces you to drop someone to have your guy come off DL. Grand total 9 position players 6 pitchers and 5 bench - 20 players. Its not a keeper league, so when Kerry Wood blows out his elbow again and is gone for the year, you can just flat drop him.

If we set it up on yahoo, we will have plenty of time to vote and take everyone's opinion on point scale.
    all depends on the RPI.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in for the money league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm only in if jgw is excluded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didnt actually say he was playing, did he? And even if he did--why would you exclude yourself over him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didnt actually say he was playing, did he? And even if he did--why would you exclude yourself over him?
    The less contact the better. Sort of the 'one bad apple' mentality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I say head to head as well. Since we will probably be setting up rosters weekly these options by cpt would not work, so lets keep it simple!!

Thread Information