Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    you guys don't want him.... thats all. there won't be a team anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I'd take his crazy ass if I were Pop (didn't we almost get him b4 from Chicago?)! I'm sure Tony pimp slaps Eva every now and then when she gets out of line. I also heard thru the grapevine that Manu has 7 malnourished pit bulls that he keeps locked in a 4x6 kennel in his back yard. The just never made the news. And don't forget about Pop's "wine tasting" (drunken spells) causing pure havoc in school zones across the san Antonio metropolitan area

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the organization touches this guy. He's a nightmare off the court...

I'd take Stephen Jackson's gun-toting ass before Artest. Dude is not worth the risk.
    I concur. The last time we had something similar was when Dennis Rodman was around. Believe me folks, Artest ain't worth the trouble.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ron was bi-polar, no way would he be able to play ball when he is depressed, and when he was in a 'manic' phase, he would be happy and probably seem like a nice guy.

Ron Artest is NOT bipolar, it's just a word that is incorrectly thrown around sometimes. Bipolar is a genuine psychological disorder. Don't mistake being out of control with bi-polar disorder.

More Chips and Salsa, Please! mikeanthony21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't compare psychologically ill people (who benefit from medication) to Ron Artest, it is an insult to those unfortunate people. The problem with Ron Artest is his CHARACTER, not some chemical imbalance in his brain.
    and that makes it BETTER???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember once after an interview clip was played of Ron Artest apologizing to his team (then the Pacers), Sean Elliot said "I could close my eyes and swear I'm listening to Dennis Rodman.

If you'll remember, after the Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to Chicago for Will Purdue, Greg Popovich called it the "best trade in franchise history". I Don't think Pop's going to be up for a Rodman-like stroll down memory lane.

Longing for the days of the youth movement of '03
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of him takin over for Bowen, but I dont like the idea of him bringing that Rodman bad boy aura here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shoot, living in New Orleans is already like watching BET 24-7.

If Artest became a Spur and turned our locker room into a rap video, I don't think I would like basketball anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I concur. The last time we had something similar was when Dennis Rodman was around. Believe me folks, Artest ain't worth the trouble.
    If Rodman doesn't quit on the '95 Spurs, we'd be up on Little Brother (Mavs Fan) 4 les to none, instead of just 3-0.

Thread Information